/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reverting and excited

eiliyah_faith
05-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Hello all!

I am planning on reverting to Islam very soon. My problem is, I don't want to commit until I fully understand Islam and how to be the best Muslim I can be. I want to have lots of knowledge before I dive in.

I am excited, I have just booked myself onto a study session, which will be in two weeks time. I can't wait to learn more and deepen my knowledge on Islam.

The group I am joining will support me in taking my Shahada and in guiding me on my journey.

I want to start fasting for Ramadan, but am in early pregnancy and worry for the safety. I will be very disappointed to miss it. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

I feel excited to be on this journey with you all!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EgyptPrincess
05-27-2016, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eiliyah_faith
Hello all!

I am planning on reverting to Islam very soon. My problem is, I don't want to commit until I fully understand Islam and how to be the best Muslim I can be. I want to have lots of knowledge before I dive in.

I am excited, I have just booked myself onto a study session, which will be in two weeks time. I can't wait to learn more and deepen my knowledge on Islam.

The group I am joining will support me in taking my Shahada and in guiding me on my journey.

I want to start fasting for Ramadan, but am in early pregnancy and worry for the safety. I will be very disappointed to miss it. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

We look forward to having you join Islam :)

Pregnant women are excused from fasting during ramadan.

https://islamqa.info/en/21589

muslimah_B
05-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Hello all!

Hiiii !!!!
Orrrr
Asalam alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu [emoji12] (which is what you will be saying :) )
(May the peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Very excited to hear you will be taking your shahada Alhamdulilah rabbil alameen (praise be to Allah the Lord of the worlds)
if you have any questions or anything please feel free to ask away and we will do our best to help and support you :) in sha Allah (if Allah wills)

As for fasting while pregnant, if you can bare it then you may fast, but if you fear for your baby or your wellbeing then you can break your fast and it will not be fard (compulsory) upon you

What you can do is try to fasting a few days (before) Ramadan to see how you feel fasting and to also get your body ready for Ramadan (only if your able to)

drac16
05-28-2016, 05:46 AM
Peace be with you!

Congratulations! I'm happy for you! :D

When I reverted, I did the same thing. I read the Qur'an until I could understand its core message on a basic level.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
05-28-2016, 07:59 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to this wonderful path called Islam. I hope you will enjoy about it. Don´t worry if you will face sometimes some negative comments or troubles because of Islam - they are unfortunately part of the life anyways. I am revert too, now 21 years ago I said shahada and I haven´t regretted it at any second after that. Almost every day I find something new to learn - and specially many posts in this forum have gave me a lot of thinking and learning.

Hopes N Prayers
05-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Welcome to Islam sis this is very exciting news. May Allah make it easy for you[emoji4]

eiliyah_faith
05-28-2016, 08:36 AM
I took my Shahada alone before, but I wasn't serious about committing and feel as though I need a fresh start to do it all again properly.

I was thinking of doing a fast but allowing myself water and a small healthy snack when I feel weak or unwell.

I'm excited to start my course on the 10th! Just as ramadan starts. It will be so lovely to be part of it.

EgyptPrincess
05-28-2016, 01:45 PM
I took my Shahada alone before, but I wasn't serious about committing and feel as though I need a fresh start to do it all again properly.

I was thinking of doing a fast but allowing myself water and a small healthy snack when I feel weak or unwell.

I'm excited to start my course on the 10th! Just as ramadan starts. It will be so lovely to be part of it.
Please... for the sake of your baby DO NOT fast. If you really want to fast wait until after you give birth and then you can fast after Ramadan and make up for the days you missed or you can feed a poor / homeless person each day for each day you missed.

https://islamqa.info/en/49794

Your baby is growing inside you and nutrition and water is absolutely vital to the development of your baby.

noraina
05-28-2016, 02:14 PM
Assalamu alaykum

That is great new alhamdulillah, believe me when I saw the beginning of the most beautiful journey in your life, to Allah swt.

Feel free to ask questions sis and learn as much as you can, for Muslims the gaining of knowledge is a life-long quest, there is always something to learn.

And ask your doctor about fasting, but keep in mind when you are pregnant you are excused from taking the fast of Ramadan - and the beauty of worship in Islam is that there is so much more acts of worship you can do besides fasting, if you are unable to. :)

eiliyah_faith
05-30-2016, 03:25 PM
I know pregnant women are exempt, I just want to experience Ramadan fully, with my brothers and sisters. I will see what my study group can suggest. I know they do breaking of fast meet ups, so maybe I can help out there.

I spoke with my group leader today. She was so welcoming and helpful. I'm so excited to go now!

Umm Abed
05-30-2016, 05:43 PM
I know pregnant women are exempt, I just want to experience Ramadan fully, with my brothers and sisters. I will see what my study group can suggest. I know they do breaking of fast meet ups, so maybe I can help out there.

I spoke with my group leader today. She was so welcoming and helpful. I'm so excited to go now!
This is great news and welcome to Islam -- and the forum:D.

As a pregnant woman, do try to fast as far as possible, but if you feel genuinely that its detrimental to your unborn baby on your own health then you can pay back later, that is, keep those missed fasts at a later stage.

May you have a great and blessed Ramadan!

aminah996
06-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Sister InshaAllah may Allah make it easy for you. I hope you find this journey of yours very special indeed. May Allah shower you with his mercy. Ameen.

Hafiz Ikram
10-18-2016, 05:30 AM
May Allah accept you and make it easy for you.

talibilm
10-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Peace & greetings to those who seek guidance,

Welcome Sister , a hadith said this

''whom Allah wants to do a favour, He grants him an understanding of religion ''

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Welcome sister

aminah996
01-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Welcome to Islam sister, may Allah grant you success and guidance through this new journey of yours!!

talibilm
01-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Hello all!

Sister, Peace unto them who seek guidance

True Iman is life to the soul and a source of happiness
The soul&"s contentment is attained only through belief in Allah(mighty and majestic is He). An unbelieving soul remains insecure, scared, lost and weak, with no stability. The only belief that leads to deliverance is the belief in Allah. It means the firm ratification that Allah is the Lord of everything, the King and Creator of everything, and He alone is worthy to be singled out for worship in Salah (prayers), Sawm (fasting), Du&"aa (supplication), when having hope and fear, and being humble and submissive. He (mighty and majestic is He) alone has all the perfect attributes, being exalted from any deficiency or defect.
Iman in Allah is the light that guides to justice, freedom and knowledge. It is the light that guides to the straight path; the light that leads us to spiritual tranquility and security.Belief in Allah includes belief in His angels, scriptures, messengers, the Last Day and fate, whether good or evil. This belief is the origin of human happiness. It is the Jannah of the believer in this world and leads him, Allah Willing, to the Jannah of the Hereafter.Iman from the religious point of view means: “Believing with the heart and at the same time expressing that belief with the tongue '' If this is realized, then it should be known that the bases upon which Allah accepts our deeds is Iman. Allah (mighty and majestic is He) says:

''So whoever does righteous deeds while he is a believer - no denial will there be for his effort, and indeed We, of it, are recorders.''

http://legacy.quran.com/21/94

source:islamkingdom

Islam has several main tenets and every Muslims must believe in them:

1 - Belief in Allah (as the One and Only God without any partners, associates, sons, etc.)
2 - Belief in the Angels
3 - Belief in the Revealed Books
4 - Belief in All the Messengers
5 - Belief in the Day of Judgment
6 - Belief in Preordainment (Good and bad)
7 - Belief in Life After Death

Islam has 5 pillars:

1. Declaration of Faith: "There is none worthy of worship except God and Muhammad is the messenger of God."
2. Salah (Praying 5 times a day)
3. Zakat (Obligatory Charity)
4. Sawm (Fasting during the month of Ramadan)
5. Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah - that was to be done at least once in your life if you can afford it)

Holy Quran is the Holy Book of Islam and Prophet Muhammad is the central figure of Islam and he is the example for all Muslims to follow.

Some info for new muslims here so that you can be prepared in post # 6

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...d-informations post 6

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.