/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do brothers like for gifts??

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It's so difficult to shop for a guy/brother, often because they make their own money and just buy whatever they like (or they want something too expensive like their dream car), what types of things do guys like besides the typical stuff like cologne or video games?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ukmuslimah
05-28-2016, 06:34 PM
This is why I hate buying gifts.

Just ask them what they need, or ask them for their Amazon wish list?

noraina
05-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Shopping for brothers is hard lol, most typically a nice box of chocolates or bicsuits would be okay.

Perhaps a nice calligraphy canvas?

Or you can never go wrong with a good book (the best gift imo).

*charisma*
05-28-2016, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ukmuslimah
This is why I hate buying gifts.

Just ask them what they need, or ask them for their Amazon wish list?
For my female friends I used to make gifts for them..write long letters, buy cards, draw pics..and they still love them and cherish them haha they send me messages like "remember when you made this" and they keep it for years. I don't knowww if guys are as sentimental and also it's just..too personal.

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Shopping for brothers is hard lol, most typically a nice box of chocolates or bicsuits would be okay.

Perhaps a nice calligraphy canvas?

Or you can never go wrong with a good book (the best gift imo).
Calligraphy canvas is a good idea :) I don't know about books because people have different tastes, plus I'm honestly not much of a reader :X Maybe islamic books though..more practical.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
05-28-2016, 08:36 PM
:wa:

- Nice smelling Attar
- Toy helicopters or Cars :O
- Argan oil for their beards, and maybe a beard kit too with comb and everything :D
- Classy suits, thobes and nice clothes
- Watches
- Books
- Hand written poems or cards
- Phone cases
- Shampoo & Body gel
- Giving to charity in his name
- Custom Qur'an
- Custom made shell or pen

Hope that gives you some inspiration ;).

muslimah_B
05-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Trainers !!! Trainers !!! Trainers !!!!

Even clothes aswell

sister herb
05-28-2016, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Do men really like those?

Qurratul Ayn
05-28-2016, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
- Toy helicopters or Cars

Ask my 20 year old brother... The answer would be affirmative. Particularly collectibles or limited editions

strivingobserver98
05-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Well I do :D. Still love all kids toys.

Also they can be used in ideas.. like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...774df16eb7.jpg

Other brothers may have different preference though :hiding:.

'Abd-al Latif
05-28-2016, 08:53 PM

No. That's for boys. Men like real gifts :p

To add to the above suggestions I'd say food. Home cooked food, cakes or whatever he likes best. If you really want to get him something he'll like you'll need to look at things that your brother wants specifically as it will have more meaning to him. Sometimes a random gift to a guy is like a husband giving his wife chocolate as opposed to a rose.

muslimah_B
05-28-2016, 08:55 PM
I think i may be the only female who likes mens stuff LOL.
I love all those gadgets, flying helicopters and drones, trainers, if i was to buy for a husband i would just think what i want LOL

That nerf gun idea looks so cool, id make sure my water is ice cold, so the victory of me winning is even more bitter for the husband and demand a massive banquet that can last for a few days so i wouldnt have to cook untill it runs out [emoji41]

muslimah_B
05-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Sorry just to add i saw a video on youtube of this guy making this sort of "helicopter" out of loads of drones it didnt go really far but it was awesome LOL
Yes i seem to like diy stuff and building things..

Ohhhh sis you can adding tools, tool belt, foldaway tables to your list some men TRY to think they can "fix" things LOL, some are good are making things just by looking at pictures
If your brother is into that sort of stuff

(I am [emoji4] uno eids coming up [emoji4] lol joking)

'Abd-al Latif
05-28-2016, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

It's so difficult to shop for a guy/brother, often because they make their own money and just buy whatever they like (or they want something too expensive like their dream car), what types of things do guys like besides the typical stuff like cologne or video games?
If it's for your husband then you'll be the stuff of dreams for him if you do this

ardianto
05-29-2016, 02:05 AM

Yes, adult men, even middle-aged men, are still love to play with toys. But of course, their toys are not children's toys, but toys that made for older people like radio control car, radio control helicopter, etc.

And this is adult men toys that popular these days.

Mini drone with camera. It's expensive, indeed.

ardianto
05-29-2016, 02:23 AM
If someone give me wallet, or waist bag, or glove to ride motorcycle, .... Alhamdulillah. :)

Insignificant
05-29-2016, 03:20 PM
It's so difficult to shop for a guy/brother, what types of things do guys like
sister - welcome to our world. even if we don't show it - the fact that, either, a present doesn't get bought, or not much thought goes into buying one should be proof enough that brothers struggle to work out what sisters like.

In truth the best thing that can be given to a brother is both that which he is not expecting, and that which he needs. More often than not, its something he will take for granted. Something inconspicuous but altogether of fundmental importance to the relationship in question.

Vague, i'm sure, but women are very, very perceptive... )

Hamza :)
05-29-2016, 03:25 PM
:wa:

- Nice smelling Attar
- Argan oil for their beards, and maybe a beard kit too with comb and everything :D
- Classy suits, thobes and nice clothes
- Watches
- Books
- Hand written poems or cards
- Phone cases
- Shampoo & Body gel
- Giving to charity in his name
- Custom Qur'an
- Custom made shell or pen

Hope that gives you some inspiration ;).

Anything straight from the heart. This list is quite precise
@farhan you forgot iphone *runs away

Hamza :)
05-29-2016, 03:28 PM
For my female friends I used to make gifts for them..write long letters, buy cards, draw pics..and they still love them and cherish them haha they send me messages like "remember when you made this" and they keep it for years. I don't knowww if guys are as sentimental and also it's just..too personal.
haha these would make awesome gifts and would make any brother's day :)

'Abd-al Latif
05-29-2016, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Yes, adult men, even middle-aged men, are still love to play with toys. But of course, their toys are not children's toys, but toys that made for older people like radio control car, radio control helicopter, etc.

And this is adult men toys that popular these days.

Mini drone with camera. It's expensive, indeed.

Although this could be classified as a toy, this particular gadget has to be operated with health and safety in mind as referenced in its manual. It goes without saying that this particular gadget can only be operated by adults. I was once watching a court hearing and an expert on toy drones was brought in to explain it's potential harms, and he described it as a weapon as the blades can cause very serious injury. Thefefore this "toy" is suitable only for responsible adults.

Scimitar
05-29-2016, 09:19 PM
techy stuff is always good :D

A little unbox therapy never hurt anyone

and NO, this is NOT the weird part of youtube.

Scimi

Aisha
05-29-2016, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
haha these would make awesome gifts and would make any brother's day :)
Not my brothers. :ermm: if I gave them a handwritten letter, it'd probably be used to write a shopping list once they'd read it. Actually, that would only be once they stopped looking so horrified and asked if I was feeling alright in the head.
@*charisma* I wish I had the answer to this. I struggle with it every Eid :unsure: there's only so much perfume one can give before they ask if you're trying to tell them something. :X

Scimitar
05-29-2016, 09:55 PM
amazon gift card ;)

Scimi

*charisma*
05-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Haha @Aisha you feel my pain. Imagine I write a sappy letter to my brother. Though he might like it Idk..can't bunk it til i try it I guess :D he does write me long lovely messages on my fb wall when he misses me and he gets mad when I just reply with "love you too" ;D ;D i'm so insensitive sometimes *sigh* poor guy.

noraina
05-30-2016, 01:32 PM
Thankfully I don't have to go through this problem, :D. I don't have any brothers, and I don't think I've ever brought my father a gift, apart from chocolates (and he ends up sharing most of them with me). :o.

WinterVein
05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
vidya gaemz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.