/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of walking around the Ka'bah?

crimsontide06
06-05-2016, 02:24 AM
I was watching the live feed of Mecca, but I never understood the reason people walk around the Ka'bah so many times. Is there a set number of times you are supposed to go around?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-05-2016, 03:44 AM
:salam:

Walking around the Ka'bah is known as Tawaf. It means Circumambulation. A Tawaf consists of 7 rounds around the Ka'bah. It starts at the Black Stone and ends at the same place after completing 7 rounds.

Please read this article for more detailed explanation: What is Tawaf and Why?

crimsontide06
06-05-2016, 03:57 AM
Thanks!

~ Sabr ~
06-05-2016, 08:00 AM
It scares me sometimes how uneducated people are.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
06-05-2016, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
It scares me too but not because of this kind of matters. Many times people forget the basic values of religion and bring to Islam elements of hate, intolerance and racism which haven´t nothing to do with it and this is one reason why some extremist groups have so much influence to badly educated youths. Also, it wouldn´t happen so easy if people would to be better educated with love and tolerance.

Insaanah
06-05-2016, 09:52 AM
:salam:

If you have a GP or a doctor whom you trust with your health, then know that he/she once didn't know A from B. Didn't know there was such a thing as an alphabet. There are some things you are educated about today, that you were uneducated about previously. There are many things I am uneducated about today, some of which I might be educated about tomorrow. But there's a good chance, that there are many things I will never be able to or have the opportunity learn. Nobody will ever know everything - we are all uneducated about some things.

Many members here are reverts. Some in this thread once believed there was no God. Now alhamdulillah, Allah has guided them to and blessed them with the light of Islam.

All of us are on a journey. And we learn more as we go. After all, thats one of the reason's why we're all here.

Anyone that asks to learn something they don't yet know, is to be commended, and should feel that they can ask without hindrance.

That's why we make the Qur'anic dua "Rabbi zidnee ilmaa" , "O Allah increase me in knowledge." (20:114).

May Allah increase us all in knowledge, ameen.

Crimsontide06, don't know if the latter part of this post would help, which says some of the same as the link kindly provided above: http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...ml#post1337622

And Allah knows best.

~ Sabr ~
06-05-2016, 11:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
There are some things you are educated about today, that you were uneducated about previously.
Yes, but with stuff like this if you are a born Muslim, you should learn at a young age. Each to their own, no wonder Muslims are messed up.

Insaanah
06-05-2016, 01:11 PM
with stuff like this if you are a born Muslim, you should learn at a young age.
Everybody's circumstances are different. Some may not have had a strong Islamic upbringing. Some may have had, but didn't take it all in at the time. Some may actually be young. Some might not be born Muslim. Etc. Whatever the case, it doesn't matter, and isn't our business. The point is somebody is learning now.

When you watch Islamic channels, you also get old ladies, aunties, born Muslim, in their 60's and 70's asking questions about Islamic matters that some might feel are basic. You also get them ringing in to programmes to correct their recitation of the Qur'an. Nobody says to them, why are you asking this, you should know this. Instead, they get praised for asking, and get help and encouragement. What does Islam teach for example, about those who have difficulty reciting Qur'an? See the following hadeeth:

'Aishah :ra: reported the Prophet (ﷺ) as saying:
One who is skilled in the Qur'an is associated with the noble, upright recording angels, and he who falters when he recites the Qur'an and finds it difficult for him will have a double reward. (Sunan Abi Dawud)
http://www.sunnah.com/abudawud/8/39

'Aishah :ra: reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur'an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur'an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have a double reward."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
http://www.sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/9/4

Allah appreciates the efforts of people who are trying to learn and doing their best, and has mercy on them, and the above hadeeths are an encouragement and reassurance, yet what do humans do instead?

no wonder Muslims are messed up.
I don't think that's the reason. I can think of another reason though, that can strike at the heart of brotherhood.

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2016, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
I don't think that's the reason.
...... The fact is that because a lot of Muslims have not got knowledge, they cannot distinguish what is right and wrong, what is allowed and what is forbidden in Islam.
Anyway, it's Ramadan, so try and gain knowledge ......

M.I.A.
06-09-2016, 04:01 PM
...I didn't know.

So I clicked the link.

..so now I think you have a sense of humour.

Fantastic.

Plz join m3 in som3 room spinning.. sufis caught on quick..

Although some revolutions are opposed.. let's call it opposite spin.

Ok so now I hate myself enough to ask a question.

Why is the devil locked up during Ramadan?

...because most of us are fasting :/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.