/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Eggs

noraina
06-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

This is a slightly awkward question, lol, but I was really thinking about this. Fertile eggs are halal to eat, right?

We have chickens, including a rooster. They're a breed which is late to mature, he has only just started mating with the hens recently so nearly every egg we are getting is fertile.

I think they'd be okay to eat? I think some people find it gross (like my friend) because they're not used to it.

btw, here's a quick science lesson. Next time you crack an egg, carefully look at the yolk. You will see a little white spot - that is a dormant chick-to-be which every egg has. If it is fertilised, it will look like there is a ring outside the white spot. :D Pretty easy to tell once you get used to it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Interesting question. It might be how old is the egg before you eat it.

Ruling on eating balut (egg containing a dead chick)

https://islamqa.info/en/148001

I think it depends what is the time limit when the embryo inside of the egg will be as an individual living creature.

By this we could say there is no living creature inside until we can see it - up to 18 hours.

eggs6 1?laen -

It feels this is a question for scholars.

noraina
06-05-2016, 02:30 PM
JazakAllah khayr for replying, I was just wondering....

Oh my gosh, I would never eat Balut! :skeleton: I don't know who would eat a dead chick in the shell....

But yes, I was looking for a ruling on when the egg has just been fertilised and is collected that very day. That picture is interesting - I would say our chicken's eggs are collected with 10 hours at the latest, and none of our hens sit on them so they wouldn't develop anyway....

Hmmmmm....

Umm Abed
06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Wa alaikum salam

Yep, its fine to eat such eggs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.