/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is love wrong?

maybe
06-06-2016, 09:55 AM
I think I have took a wrong step. I had this guy in university, in the first look I felt in love. I thought it could be just a crush but for 2 months I kept on thinking about him so much during that he had dropped out, i was begging Allah to make me forget him because I have never looked at a guy like that in my life, however one day I messaged him on facebook and from there we started talking. I got to discover him so much although during that I did'nt show him my picture, I was like a stranger to him then I gave him my number because he asked for it, I was regretting it afterwards. Then the story goes on we started chatting on whatsapp and maximum we have talked 4 times on the call.
My point is that i tried to show him the right path because he did drugs, didn't prayed and did'nt knew how to read the quran. Our most conversation was about that he should change and follow the path of islam. I knew I did the wrong but is showing someone the path of islam wrong even if it's wrong? my intentions were pure for him.
right now i left him because I'm afraid I can fall into sins than I already have, i tried my best to show him the right path. Will Allah forgive me? does that means I'm not pure anymore? I still believe in my heart that since I left him, he might change and come back for me and perhaps marry me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

It's good that you realized your mistakes and stopped talking to this guy. Talking to him is wrong, even if you had good intentions to guide him to Islam. In the process you could have been misguided and fallen into something worse because of your feelings for him.

Secondly, we must always lower our gazes when around the opposite sex. Looking at someone attractive, staring at them, memorizing their face, this is unacceptable.

Thirdly, you should make du'a for him and that Allah guides him, but until then keep busy and do not speak with him because it serves no purpose. Even though you have intentions to help him, you also have very strong feelings for him. If he wants to learn about Islam or be closer to Allah, he will put in the effort to do so. His deen should be more important than his looks, so don't put false hopes into someone just because you are attracted to them.

And lastly, yes if you repent sincerely inshallah Allah will forgive you. You are still pure, just make sure to keep yourself away from this fitnah. It's ramadan so try to use your time wisely and productively inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.