/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it blackmail

Goku_u
06-06-2016, 04:34 PM
salamu alaykum.

My parents left me and my sister money for us to spend while they are abroad and my sister is taking care of me. I am 13 and she is 18 and I want to know if it's blackmail for my sister not to give me any of the money if I don't do the chores? All she does is cook for me but I have to do the laundry, washing up, hoovering, mopping, changing the bed sheets. By not giving me any money unless I do these things, is it blackmail? My mother never asks me to clean or do anything so I feel like my sister is taking advantage of me.

What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-06-2016, 04:41 PM
I think that your bigger sister is a great sister. Doing household works you will learn to take care about your own mess in the future. Do you expect that your sister would do all the work? She is your sister, not your servant.

Maybe you are a big enough to do something for your food and money, not a baby any more.

Serinity
06-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Wa alaikum salam,

you can cook eggs. Very yummy. But do you fast? And Allah SWT knows best.

Goku_u
06-06-2016, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Wa alaikum salam,

you can cook eggs. Very yummy. But do you fast? And Allah SWT knows best.
Of course I fast. I don't like to cook so she cooks for me when my parents are away and she will cook when we break fast together.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I think that your bigger sister is a great sister. Doing household works you will learn to take care about your own mess in the future. Do you expect that your sister would do all the work? She is your sister, not your servant.

Maybe you are a big enough to do something for your food and money, not a baby any more.
and I would help with the chores but not if she says "do it or you won't get any money." she should ask me nicely and we should do half of the chores each. Not just she does the cooking and I do everything else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
06-06-2016, 05:04 PM
So be happy that she doesn´t put you to cook also. ;D

This is a wrong place to complain what your sister do or what she should do. Talk to your parents and if they say that you have to do what your sister says, then do so. Doing work at home doesn´t kill you.

Goku_u
06-06-2016, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
So be happy that she doesn´t put you to cook also. ;D

This is a wrong place to complain what your sister do or what she should do. Talk to your parents and if they say that you have to do what your sister says, then do so. Doing work at home doesn´t kill you.
I can't cook but I'm not doing cooking as well! You're just siding with her because you're both girls so you take her side.

I am doing as she says, if I don't she won't give me any money so I have to. I'm allowed not to like it though :hmm:

EgyptPrincess
06-06-2016, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku_u
I can't cook but I'm not doing cooking as well! You're just siding with her because you're both girls so you take her side.

I am doing as she says, if I don't she won't give me any money so I have to. I'm allowed not to like it though :hmm:
Stop complaining and do as you're told. You are not a man, you are not an adult, you are a child and you will obey your sister. There is a lot of work that goes into looking after someone and cooking every meal for them.

I also have a younger brother and an older sister and let me tell you my younger brother is a right pain in the backside and you sound just like him. I would smack you upside your head and tell you to grow up.

Helikido
06-06-2016, 05:27 PM
YOU ARE STILL CRYING ABOUT THIS!?!?!?! WHAT DID YOU TAKE FROM THE PREVIOUS CONVO WE HAD DUDE!?!?!?!

noraina
06-06-2016, 05:30 PM
It sounds as if she is doing her fair share of the work as well. Just because you are a brother doesn't mean you can't do housework or chores.

Try to think of it from her point of view, she is managing the house on her own, and has to take care of you - I can imagine it being quite stressful for her, housework doesn't kill and she may be feeling that you are being unfair. And it would be great if she didn't even have to tell you what to do, you just did what you had to, and maybe even offer to cook for her one of the days. A little teamwork does wonders to the environment of your house.

And better still, discuss this instead with your sister and your parents. InshaAllah they would be able to sort this out better than we can.

Umm Abed
06-06-2016, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Goku_u
salamu alaykum.

My parents left me and my sister money for us to spend while they are abroad and my sister is taking care of me. I am 13 and she is 18 and I want to know if it's blackmail for my sister not to give me any of the money if I don't do the chores? All she does is cook for me but I have to do the laundry, washing up, hoovering, mopping, changing the bed sheets. By not giving me any money unless I do these things, is it blackmail? My mother never asks me to clean or do anything so I feel like my sister is taking advantage of me.

What do you think?
Wa alaikum salam

I get what you'r saying. You feel that she's giving you too much work while she's doing less. In reality, cooking can be very tedious and tiring, more so than other housework, so that could be why she arranged the work in such a way that you do more housework while she does the cooking.

Remember this wont go on forever, when your parents return then everything will be back to normal. Try talking to your sister and come to a compromise, maybe both of you can do another task together, so it doesnt get too much on one person.

Serinity
06-06-2016, 07:00 PM
No time for such things..

Obey her, and don't obey her if she calls you to disobey Allah SWT.

And Allah SWT knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.