/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions

KM789
06-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Hello everyone reading,
Ive never been as religious as I should be, and I always feel very guilty about this, especially now that its ramadan. Due to circumstances, I was never taught properly how to pray 5 times a day, and really need some help. I've already been looking at online sources for help in this like mobile applications and websites and videos, but if you can recommend me some more, please do, thank you. Secondly, I have alot of questions, if someone would be so kind to give me answers, than thank you very much!

1) The five prayers are Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Magrib and Isha (I knew this before) but is Taraweeh directly after Isha, is there no waiting period?
2) Does Zuhr on fridays get replaced by Jummah? (I think yes already, just needing confirmation)
3) Whats the best way to determine which way to face when praying (the qibla)?
4) Are all prayers lead in the mosque or just jummah? Because this would also really help in my learning
5) Isit okay to pray Fajr at home, because its very early in the morning?
6) What is sunnah and Fard in prayers, because in my mobile application under the prayers (e.g. fajr) its lists two options, one is "2 Rakaat sunnah - emphasized or mu'akkadah?" and the other "2 rakaat fard - mandatory"

Thanks for helping me!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Moshy
06-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Asalamualaikum

(I can be wrong in some point, so brothers and sisters please correct me if so.)

1) Yes, taraweeh is after Isha. You can must between 8 and 20 Taraweeh.

2) Yes. Jummah is offered in the masjid. Mostly men go to the masjid to pray Jummah as it is wajib to them. Women can stay home and offer Zuhr.

3) You can find out in which direction your local masjid prays and align the direction with your house (I hope you understand me). Or you can use a Qibla compass or Qibla map.

4) All prayers can be offered in the mosque in congregation, but only Jummah is compulsory for men to offer in the masjid.

5) Yes you can offer fajr at home, just offer it at the right time and dont delay.

6) The Sunnah prayers were prayers which were recited by Holy Prophet (pbuh). It is just like the fard prayer, but its not compulsory to offer. If you offer, the is an extra reward.

You can try these links

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLVhjdkv3vg
http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/L...h_In_Audio.htm

KM789
06-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Thanks, did you 8-20 minutes? Because in the mosque I always assumed that after isha, the imaam would go straight into taraweeh perhaps after 5 mins of waiting

KM789
06-06-2016, 11:49 PM
mean*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Moshy
06-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I mean't 8 minimum rakah and 20 maximum rakah [emoji4]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.