/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teaching them a lesson

lostsoul2016
06-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Salam brother and sisters. I hope you are well and hope Ramadan is going well for you so far :)

Everything in the hands of Allah, no doubt. Allah knows the things we do not know and can only guide and protect us.

Unfortunately these days people get away with anything and it hurts the most when you know yourself you are a good human being, educated, strong, strict upbringing and do not cause trouble etc... - it hurts. It's like telling you that you are worthless and know nothing when you really do know a lot or telling you that you are something and you are not, know what I mean?

I feel like that certain people should learn their lesson in someway. I don't do revenge or anything of that nature but I still strongly feel that they should learn what they did was wrong, that maybe some justice or karma is served to them.

I feel so helpless. There must be a way, maybe even to pray with, to get such people to regret or be remorseful or have the same (or worse) punishment given to them for their wrong doings?

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Walaikum Assalaam

Do you believe in "everything happens for a reason"?

Do you believe in the tests and tribulations of this world?

Do you believe that Allah is the MOST Just?

Do you understand the meaning of "sabrun jameel"?

lostsoul2016
06-07-2016, 08:49 PM
yes I do sister :)

it just seems so difficult and trying all i can to calm down and keep at bay. but at the same time, i want to know that justice has been served to them and soon.

*charisma*
06-07-2016, 08:55 PM
That's Allah's swt job, not yours. So let it go. You're angry and that's understandable, but just have faith that it's in Allah's hands and judgement, and move on.

Whatever it is that happened to you could just be Allah's test for you, and was meant to happen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lostsoul2016
06-07-2016, 09:03 PM
I agree, its a test. no question and I thank Allah for the test.

i just wish that there was something that can be done sooner rather than later (from Allah) but nothing I can do except leave it in Allah's hands :)

*charisma*
06-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Yes exactly. May allah grant you patience bro. Ramadan mubarak.

ukmuslimah
06-07-2016, 09:15 PM
If you're being abused, then that is oppression and the dua of the oppressed in answered. So make dua and let Allah balance the scales.

Something that helps me, is to stop taking it personally. People are interchangable units, that are props used in this dunya to test you with or teach you lessons with. If it wasn't them it would be someone else in their place, because Allah wants to teach you something. When you see it that way, you see the bigger picture and things like revenge and karma become irrelevant. Because it's not about them, it's about you.

lostsoul2016
06-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Thank you. that was nice :)

well its not really about being abused. lets say something happened to me (and I accept the punishment from Allah) but in how it happened and the which way it happened, just morally and ethically is unacceptable and they should know better. for this, this is why I want something "delivered" to them so they learn a lesson and remember. Again, only Allah can do this but for one sitting here... it is difficult :)

Eric H
06-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Greetings and peace be with you lostsoul,

Holding onto anger eats away at you. Anger is like picking up a burning coal, with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you, and the person who gets burned the most is you. The longer you hold onto the burning coal of anger the hotter it becomes.

I listened to Glen tell his story, he had been signed up to play football with Leighton Orient, alongside David Beckham. He had an exciting life ahead of him, but he was stabbed in the back shortly after, he has now been paralysed from the waist down for the last 27 years. They caught the man who did this, he served four years in prison, he was then able to walk out of prison on his own two feet, and justice had been served.

By this time, Glen had learned to drive a disabled taxi, he learned where his assailant lived, and then stalked him with the intention of running him over. Glen said at that point he came to understand that true justice could not happen. Justice is not that two people should be crippled, rather, it is that neither of them should be crippled. He knew this could never happen, he came to understand that he had to let go of his hatred. If not, he would become worse than his assailant, because his actions would be premeditated.

He said he had to live with two diseases, being crippled, and the greater disease was the hate burning away inside him. Forgiveness and letting go of the hatred was a gradual process, his wheelchair has been a daily reminder of the past.

After we heard his story in Manchester Cathedral, we were asked to say a blessing and we were to keep in mind all the people that had hurt us, and who we had to forgive as we recited the words below..

Now may the peace of the Lord be with you, be with you

May the Lord bless you
May the Lord keep you
And may God's face shine upon you always
And give you peace

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Pygoscelis
06-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Indeed. "Revenge" solves nothing. What is the purpose of sentencing and what should go into it? Rehabilitation, yes. Creating an example to discourage others from the same action, yes. Vengeance? Never.

Scimitar
06-07-2016, 11:18 PM
How come you stuck around with us for so long Pygo?

Scimi

Pygoscelis
06-08-2016, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
How come you stuck around with us for so long Pygo?

Scimi
Shhhh... Secret plot to steal your bonbons. Tasty tasty bonbons.

EgyptPrincess
06-08-2016, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
That's Allah's swt job, not yours. So let it go. You're angry and that's understandable, but just have faith that it's in Allah's hands and judgement, and move on.

Whatever it is that happened to you could just be Allah's test for you, and was meant to happen.
Sometimes you do have to take matters into your own hands though and give em a reality check, a quick slap or a bit of a beat down. If it persists like bullying.

*charisma*
06-08-2016, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Sometimes you do have to take matters into your own hands though and give em a reality check, a quick slap or a bit of a beat down. If it persists like bullying.
People who bully are only there to provoke a reaction. Biggest reality check is to not react in the way they expect you to :D

Although I have a feeling the brother isn't talking about being bullied. I'm almost sure it has to do with the girl who didn't want to be with him, and now he's feeling angry about it and wants to hurt her like she hurt him. In any case...best advice is to move on :D People get so hung up with their emotions and their brain stops working.

'abd al-hakeem
06-08-2016, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lostsoul2016
Salam brother and sisters. I hope you are well and hope Ramadan is going well for you so far :)

Everything in the hands of Allah, no doubt. Allah knows the things we do not know and can only guide and protect us.

Unfortunately these days people get away with anything and it hurts the most when you know yourself you are a good human being, educated, strong, strict upbringing and do not cause trouble etc... - it hurts. It's like telling you that you are worthless and know nothing when you really do know a lot or telling you that you are something and you are not, know what I mean?

I feel like that certain people should learn their lesson in someway. I don't do revenge or anything of that nature but I still strongly feel that they should learn what they did was wrong, that maybe some justice or karma is served to them.

I feel so helpless. There must be a way, maybe even to pray with, to get such people to regret or be remorseful or have the same (or worse) punishment given to them for their wrong doings?

Thank you.
wa aleykum brother,

Alhamdulillah that you asked this question - I suffer from this very same thing, in essence.

Perhaps the only reason that I've found this question, when I found it, is because I have been struggling to find it's answer as well.

Jazakallahu khair to the one's who responded. I've been taught valuable lessons that I very much hope to be reminded of constantly. There were more than a few tears shed when the realisations kicked in regarding the truth of the matter and, in deed, my predicament.

The frightening reality is this - in Islam we are taught there are only 10 people, aside from the Prophet Muhammad SAWS, that are guaranteed Jannah. You and I my friend, are NOT on this list. Given this premise, can you be certain that you, or I for that matter, have learnt all the things that we need to learn? Can we be certain that we have achieved the pleasure of our Creator, and not been deceived by Shaythan or veiled to some degree by Allah subhano wa Ta'ala?

UKMuslimah put it very eloquently - the inward reflections and the struggle with our ego (jihad nafs) are the greatest challenge to mankind because of the simple fact that this dunya is representative of an opportunity to realise who WE are, and not what the world around us is or isn't doing correctly. This process can be sharped by attempting to lead our life with the presence of mind that Allah subhano wa Ta'ala is closer to us than our jugular vein, and is always a witness to all that we do. There is not a leaf that falls from a tree that Allah subhano wa Ta'ala does not know about.

I very much hope to be able to move forward with an increased awareness of the presence of our Creator in that;

He sees all...
He hears all...
He knows all...

And...

He is, over ALL things, competent...

Trust that this life is a test for ourselves in conduct, and not in the judgement of others.

Allahu alem

Barakallah feekum,

Scimitar
06-08-2016, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Shhhh... Secret plot to steal your bonbons. Tasty tasty bonbons.
You just have to ask bro :)

Scimi

ukmuslimah
06-08-2016, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Challenged
wa aleykum brother,

the inward reflections and the struggle with our ego (jihad nafs) are the greatest challenge to mankind because of the simple fact that this dunya is representative of an opportunity to realise who WE are, and not what the world around us is or isn't doing correctly.
Well said, very deep.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.