/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving away interest

S.Ali786
06-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Salams, as we are aware that interest is haram i was wondering what charities in the UK can we give away our interests to? I gave mines away to British Heart Foundation as it is a non muslim organisation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
06-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Walaikuamsalaam,

Brother there are banks which don't add interest to your account.

I am with Natwest and they have never added a penny of interest. I believe it's the very basic account with no extras.

Please visit https://islamqa.info/en/20695

The above answer doesn't advise whether we should give the interest to non-Muslim or Muslim organisations but it is something you can raise with the scholars using the above website insha Allah.

Also please ensure the site follows your school of thought.

Jazahka Allah.

Aisha
06-09-2016, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Ali786
Salams, as we are aware that interest is haram i was wondering what charities in the UK can we give away our interests to? I gave mines away to British Heart Foundation as it is a non muslim organisation.
In the first instance, try to avoid interest as much as possible. I'm with Halifax and haven't been paid interest since I asked them to stop. I understand that this isn't always easy, especially if someone has a business or for any other reason.

BHF is a good choice. You could also give to Kidney Research, towards the upkeep of public toilets, Crohn's and Colitis UK, Cancer Research or any such charity. Don't give it to a masjid or an Islamic charity.

Do remember though that it's filthy money and you won't be receiving any reward for giving it away. You just need to get rid of it as soon as possible.

So you probably shouldn't feel a warm glow because you're helping people.. Unless you also feel that way when the rubbish collectors come to take your rubbish. Which would be weird.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Yes you can give your interest to charities.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.