/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading a Digital Quran

m4rouf
06-08-2016, 11:57 PM
assalamualaykum,

I have 2 quick questions:

1. Do I need to have wudu to read a digital version of the Quran (phone/tablet app)?
2. Is it less rewarding than reading from a hard copy?
(I was told a hard copy is Sunnah to use but don't understand why since the prophet SAW never learnt to read and so never read from a hard copy :?)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_B
06-09-2016, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m4rouf
assalamualaykum,

I have 2 quick questions:

1. Do I need to have wudu to read a digital version of the Quran (phone/tablet app)?
2. Is it less rewarding than reading from a hard copy?
(I was told a hard copy is Sunnah to use but don't understand why since the prophet SAW never learnt to read and so never read from a hard copy :?)
You would need wudu if your touching over the arabic words, it still applies on the screen, if your using a stylus then should be fine as its not your hand or part of your body
(but of course its always better to be in wudu to read Quran, plus being in wudu all the time is a good habit)

No its not less rewarding as its still the Qur'an your reading, just not from an actuall "book"

Not sure about it being a sunnah , i would have to look that up, in sha Allah in the meantime if somebody else could comment on that, hmmmmm

m4rouf
06-11-2016, 03:01 AM
Thank you for the information! That makes perfect sense :).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.