/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Jefferson's Bible

jabeady
06-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Since Jesus is considered a Muslim prophet, I am curious what Muslims would think of this volume. Jefferson wanted to study Jesus' message without internal distractions, so he combined all four Gospels (Mathew, Mark, Luke, John) into a single narrative and deleted all references to miracles and other supernatural events. He did this in four languages: English (King James version), French, Latin and Greek, in an attempt to "iron out" contextual differences. The book can be found online, and at Amazon. Warning: The Smithsonian edition is an actual photographic facsimile of the original and is very difficult to read.

Anyway, if anyone is already familiar with the book, I'd be interested in reading opinions. As an atheist and looking at it strictly as a work of literature, it's a much more powerful story than the Biblical version.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-10-2016, 08:15 PM
I haven't read the book you're referring to, but I did look it up on wiki and checked out a bit of it just now from a website. Do you know much about how Jesus pbuh is represented in Islam to draw comparisons? :)

Muslims do believe in the miracles of Jesus (pbuh), but there are some significant differences in regards to how Jesus is represented in the Christian religion and how he's represented in the Islamic religion. For example, we don't believe that Jesus was crucified or resurrected, and we don't attribute any divinity to him or consider him the son of God or a holy spirit. That being said, according to the Quran, the Bible is considered a message from God, but it has been distorted and is now an unreliable source for us Muslims to follow.

Christians believe in original sin, holy trinity, atonement of jesus pbuh for adam's sin, adam's pbuh getting kicked out of heaven for eating the apple and that it was all eve's pbuh fault, and that satan is a fallen angel. Our beliefs differ from these beliefs.

ruglifeTX
12-15-2016, 11:10 PM
One thing to realize about many of the American founding fathers is they were freemasons. So their take on religion is quite different even if their background is of Christian, Jewish, Muslim , or whatever.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.