/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I woke up with a cold sore

ReboundMuslimah
06-11-2016, 02:08 PM
As-salamu alaykum everyone!

So i woke up with a cold sore this morning which i absolutely hate because they are so uncomfortable and gross. i tried covering it up with makeup but it didnt do much:( What can i do to speed up the recovery???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EgyptPrincess
06-11-2016, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
As-salamu alaykum everyone!

So i woke up with a cold sore this morning which i absolutely hate because they are so uncomfortable and gross. i tried covering it up with makeup but it didnt do much:( What can i do to speed up the recovery???
Wa-alaikum salaam,

You probably caught it by sharing a glass with someone or when sharing food. Nothing much you can do about it than to apply zovirax. Luckily I don't get them inshallah it goes away soon.

P.S You can hold an ice cube against it for a few minutes every so often to make it a bit smaller. Just don't give yourself an ice burn lol

ReboundMuslimah
06-11-2016, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Wa-alaikum salaam,

You probably caught it by sharing a glass with someone or when sharing food. Nothing much you can do about it than to apply zovirax. Luckily I don't get them inshallah it goes away soon.

P.S You can hold an ice cube against it for a few minutes every so often to make it a bit smaller. Just don't give yourself an ice burn lol
i never share anything with anyone so that's not it. i haven't been getting much sleep lately so that could've triggered it. Is there seriously nothing i can do??

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Use Blistex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aisha
06-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Deleted irrelevant posts. My patience is wearing thin now, any more silly and/or abusive posts and I will start issuing infractions.

*charisma*
06-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Have your doctor prescribe Valtrex (Valaciclovir). It's a pill and dries them right up within a day. I've only ever had to take it once as it works quite quickly, but I think treatment is like 3-7 days or something like that. The cheap over the counter stuff never works.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2016, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
The cheap over the counter stuff never works.
I beg to differ. Blistex is amazing.

*charisma*
06-11-2016, 03:22 PM
How long does it take to work for you @~ Sabr ~ ? I used to try the over the counter stuff and it would take a long time, so I stopped long ago. I can't say I've tried this particular one though since I stopped using that stuff for a while.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2016, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
How long does it take to work for you @~ Sabr ~ ? I used to try the over the counter stuff and it would take a long time, so I stopped long ago. I can't say I've tried this particular one though since I stopped using that stuff for a while.
3 days.

*charisma*
06-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Yea, that's too long for me :D the first and 2nd days are the worst.

brooke_eve
06-11-2016, 05:17 PM
I get cold sores when I get really stressed at times, I use Abreva it's a little pricey for such a tiny tube but that is because it works very well takes a few days for it to fully clear but it dries it out quick.

EgyptPrincess
06-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Once you get a coldsore you have them for life. They just stay dormant until triggered by stress, citrus or are just irritated. Maybe one day we'll have a permanent cure for them :)

muslimah_B
06-12-2016, 12:24 AM
I popped a spot today and it just bled like there was no tommoro, absolutely hate them,
Iv never had a cold sore but for spots i use tea tree oil directly on a cotton bud then wipe it over the spot and it dries it out within a day or two and its gone quickly
In sha Allah maybe it could help you ?

mlleahmed
06-29-2016, 12:26 PM
place honey on iT! seriously! works with pimples too

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.