/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Out of Desperation

anonymous
06-11-2016, 07:02 PM
salaamu allikum brothers and sisters, Ramadhan mubarak.

May Allah subhano wa Ta'ala aid the anonymous users in their quest for guidance and forgiveness, and may He grant us, all, with the guidance and forgiveness that we so desperately seek from our Creator, amin, Ya Rabbil 'alamin. La Hawla wa la quwaata illa billah.

I come with a very heavy heart... darkened even... what was once described as noor-ala-noor, is nearly no longer... May Allah subhano wa Ta'ala grant us forgiveness and guidance to the middle path, amin ya Rabbil 'alamin. I had almost forgotten the sweetness of the deen, and the felicity that I experienced in the early days of my conversion/reversion. So much has changed... and in only a few months. How I've transgressed upon myself... audhu billah, astaghfirullah. Perhaps even here I've transgressed. Please forgive me, dear reader.

There is a certain sense of urgency that some of us experience when we are, insha'allah, gifted with knowledge; of the Deen, of the Prophets (peace and blessings upon them all) of those that have passed, what is promised to be coming, and the punishments and mercy of our Creator. I suspect that without the correct balance within our minds and our environments, misguidance ensues - Allahu alem, But at this stage, given the state of mind that I presently reside in, perhaps, I am, myself, misguided.

What I have found is that - perhaps - like others in similar situations, allahu alem but, I'm struggling to apply the teachings of Islam upon myself, especially when I witness those around me making choices that seem not to represent any sort of sensibility in accordance to the deen. Especially trialing is when we are to compartmentalise the choices of those imbued with any form of beneficial knowledge from their Creator - specifically Islamic knowledge - when said choices result in, what is perceived to be, a sense of ignorance.

The world around us is... well... varied. And therein lies the challenge to us all. The instruction of our beloved Creator is plain.... The concept of His deen, powerful. And we are taught not to judge because the best, and only Judge is Allah subhano wa Ta'ala. The fine line that is negotiated in this respect is when we are required to analyse the world around us, and implement our knowledge, to ensure that we are protecting not only ourselves, but our deen, our family and our connection with Allah subhano wa Ta'ala. Indeed it is hard when, we are to maintain our environments and keep only the best of company. A difficult challenge, to be sure, when said environment requires more than a spring clean.

In hindsight I simply ask that you make du'a for those of us who are struggling within their environments - either at their own hands, or at the hands of others - that Allah subhano wa Ta'ala lift the veil from our hearts, grant us appreciation in times of ease, patience in times of hardship, mercy towards those around us, and an ability to hold on to the rope of Allah, in spite ourselves.

Perhaps I have missed the core of what I came here to say. Perhaps this is a way to reach out to others and find a sense of inclusion in an otherwise largely divided world. Perhaps, even, I'm trying to understand how to hold on to the rope that is Islam, when the perception is that no body else is. And yet I have a certain sense of hope when I read these -

- Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "By the One in Whose Hand my soul is! If you do not commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah will certainly forgive them."

-
ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.

- ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "He who says: 'Astaghfir ullah-alladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayyumu, wa atubu ilaihi (I seek the forgiveness of Allah, there is no true god except Allah, the Ever-Living, the Self- Subsisting, and I turn to Him in repentance),' his sins will be forgiven even if he should have run away from the battlefield (while he was engaged in fighting for the Cause of Allah)."

- Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth."

-
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love Surat-Al-Ikhlas [Say: He is Allah, (the) One]." He (ﷺ) said, "Your love for it will admit you to Jannah."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_B
06-12-2016, 12:39 AM
Walaykum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu

Im a revert also and understand your pain and struggle, but what i learned is to go at your own pace
Learn the essentials such as prayer, wudu, ghusl, and perfect them
Everything else yoi find hard to let go of, do it slowly at YOUR own pace, when you do it all at once over night you end up burning out and going back to it even worse then sometimes falling off deen as it becomes too much to handle.

You have to know yourself and work at these things day by day or week by week, set goals like
- by the end of the week i want to listn to less music or i want to delete half my music or delete some then the next week do more then start making it daily untill its all gone and your use to it (this is just an example)
- if your not praying your 5
Push yourself to doing one more each day till your at your 5 then keep doing it till it becomes like 2nd nature, then add on wajib, sunnah and naffl prayers

Your not the only one who struggles, everyone has something that is their weakness, some peoples struggles are more open and apparent and some its behind closed doors so you wouldn't even know unless they told you
We all make mistakes and sin were all human and incapable of being perfect, its just how you act after commiting the sin that matters

If theres anything specific you need help with then in sha Allah anyone would be more than happy to help and support you or even give you tips that helped them overcome it

talibilm
06-12-2016, 02:42 AM
:sl:sister

Noble Quran 39:53 ''Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. ''

And in another verse (unable to locate it now ) Allah says something like that once his slaves know that they had sinned they will NOT stick on it but they will repent and become better individuals. So inshallah do taubatun nasuha , SINCERELY , and turn to your Creator before its too late.

anonymous
06-12-2016, 07:39 AM
sallamu aleykum,

Jazakallahu khair @muslimah_B and @talibilm - May Allah subhano wa Ta'ala grant you Blessed provisions in dunya wa akhira, and for all our brothers and sisters. Amin.

May the Muslims be granted protection from suspicion, from back-biting, from slander, from doubt, from the evil of ourselves and our actions, and the trials, tribulations and punishments of the Dajjal, the Grave, Life and Death, and Judgement Day, amin ya Rabbil alamin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
06-14-2016, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
sallamu aleykum,

Jazakallahu khair @muslimah_B and @talibilm - May Allah subhano wa Ta'ala grant you Blessed provisions in dunya wa akhira, and for all our brothers and sisters. Amin.

May the Muslims be granted protection from suspicion, from back-biting, from slander, from doubt, from the evil of ourselves and our actions, and the trials, tribulations and punishments of the Dajjal, the Grave, Life and Death, and Judgement Day, amin ya Rabbil alamin.
walikum salam wr wb Sister

And you too, may Allah reward you with goodness".

& kindly remember Sis,Loosing hope on the mercy of Allah is a trait of Mushshirk (THE Noble Quran )

Hamza Asadullah
06-14-2016, 03:38 AM
Asalaamu alaikum,

I understand to a certain extent where you are coming from. My understanding is that we are not meant to have a smooth ride in life. For Allah says:

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? 29:2

We will be tried and tested in every aspect of our lives. Nothing is straight forward. We will trip many times on the journey through life but we must get up and continue and try not to relapse. It is our weak point that shaythan tries to grab us with all he has. But that is when we must multiply our own internal efforts and also call upon Allah particularly in the latter poart of the night which is something that is so neglected by us all. If only we are in the habit of calling upon Allah when all are asleep our lives will be full of peace and serenity no matter what trials and hardships we are going through.

You mentioned about others who you percieve not to be particularly in the right path. Itmaybe that they are going through similar struggles as we all are. We do have to be careful when choosing "friends". True friends are very few and far between. It is better to be alone than to surround oneself with the wrong company. Surely the bad friendsa will stab us in the back on the day of Judgement in the court of Allah. Therefore if we are regular in the Masjid (or for sisters - sisters circles, groups etc) then we will natural come by good company. Also let us ask of Allah to surround us with good company and to be with the learned and those who remind us of Allah.

Knowledge and understanding is very dangerous without practice. For those who have understanding will be more accountable as they were gifted with knowledge. There will be many learned in the depths of the fire. Therefore we must seek refuge with Allah and ask of him to enable us to act upon our knowledge and to convey to others so they may benefit too.

If we hold the Qur'an close to our hearts and recite night and day, learn and teach to others and implement in our lives everyday then surely we will be of the successful in this world and the next.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!