/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Prophets Hair

Hopes N Prayers
06-12-2016, 01:45 AM
I found this video and decided to watch it. Is it really the prophets hair? I showed my mom but it didn't seem like she believed it and kinda got mad. I don't think people would lie about something like this but it really seems a bit odd I'm not saying it's a lie. I don't know if I believe it or not. so would someone please make it clear to me and give me some proof.:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
06-12-2016, 01:54 AM
So much shirk in this video; bowing to the hair, really? :heated:

And no, it's not his hair...

talibilm
06-12-2016, 02:12 AM
:sl: Sister

There are many hadiths like this

Muslim :: Book 7 : Hadith 2994

Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him) reported: When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had thrown pebbles at the Jamra and had sacrificed the animal, he turned (the right side) of his head towards the barber, and i. e shaved it. He then called Abu Talha al-Ansari and gave it to him. He then turned his left side and asked him (the barber) to shave. And he (the barber) shaved. and gave it to Abu Talha and told him to distribute it amongst the people

When Allah had left the Body of Firaun as a sign to the later generations (Noble Quran) his Prophet :saws: intended to leave some of his signs to his ummah and there is no harm in protecting it untill we do not approach shirk.

talibilm
06-12-2016, 02:14 AM
:sl: Sister

There are many hadiths like this

Muslim :: Book 7 : Hadith 2994

Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him) reported: When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had thrown pebbles at the Jamra and had sacrificed the animal, he turned (the right side) of his head towards the barber, and i. e shaved it. He then called Abu Talha al-Ansari and gave it to him. He then turned his left side and asked him (the barber) to shave. And he (the barber) shaved. and gave it to Abu Talha and told him to distribute it amongst the people

When Allah had left the Body of Firaun as a sign to the later generations (Noble Quran) and many other signs like Madain Salaeh,Petra , Sodom & the dead Sea etc for the believers to see, and similarly his Prophet :saws: intended to leave some of his signs to his ummah and there is no harm in protecting it but we must not approach shirk .

Noble Quran 10:92 ''
So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.).''

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
06-12-2016, 07:57 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/224579

Tabarruk (seeking barakah or blessings) from the relics of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was something that was done at the time of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), with things such as water left over from his wudoo’, his garment, his food and drink, his hair, and anything else from him.

As for seeking barakah from anything that had touched his body, such as wudoo’ water, sweat, hair and so on, this is something that was well-known and regarded as permissible by the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) and those who followed them in truth, because of the goodness and barakah that there is in that, and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) approved of them doing that.

It says in al-Mawsoo‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah (10/70):

The scholars are unanimously agreed that it is permissible to seek barakah from the relics of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and the scholars of seerah (Prophet’s biography), shamaa’il (Prophet’s character) and hadith narrated many reports that speak of the noble Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) seeking barakah from various relics of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). End quote.

Please see the answer to question no. 10045

Secondly:

This tabarruk (seeking barakah) is not permissible with anything other than the relics of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). So it is not permissible to draw an analogy with anyone else. Seeking barakah from the relics of anyone else among the righteous is a reprehensible innovation (bid‘ah) and it is a means that leads to shirk.

Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The Sahaabah used to seek barakah from the sweat of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and they used to seek barakah from his saliva, and they used to seek barakah from his garment, and they used to seek barakah from his hair. But in the case of anyone other than him (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), no barakah is to be sought from any of these things. So one cannot seek barakah from a person’s garment, hair, nails or anything else of his, except in the case of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). End quote.

Sharh Riyaadh as-Saaliheen (4/243)

Thirdly:

There is no proof that any of the relics of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) exist now. Anyone who claims that any such thing exists has no proof to that effect. Based on that, it is not permissible for anyone to claim to have in his keeping any of the relics of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), unless he has definitive evidence, and how could he have that?

The great scholar and historian Ahmad Pasha Taymoor said:

There is no valid proof for the hairs that were kept by people after that. Something of that which was shared out among the Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) may have reached them, but it is difficult to know what is genuine and what is not.
But we know that his relics (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), such as his garment, hair and so on, have been lost, and it is not possible for anyone to prove that any such thing exists on a definitive and certain basis. As that is the case, seeking barakah from these relics has become irrelevant in our times and it has become a purely theoretical matter, so we should not speak at length about it.
About Dubai museum:

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/herita...rtips-in-dubai

So, The Dubai museum claims they have found something what has been lost. Is it true or not? Similar relics claim to be also in other museums around the Islamic world, like more hairs, teeth, bowl, sandal... But how to prove they really belonged to the Prophet at one day?

sister herb
06-12-2016, 08:19 AM
It also seems that people may make politics and business with those claimed relics:

http://twocircles.net/2011may11/mosq...l#.V10X6NJ-PZ4

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BO8YnkDlSQ

"The lecacy what the Prophet Muhammad left behind, was a dawah."

MuhammadIbrahim
06-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Nonsense!imsad

AbdurRahman.
06-12-2016, 05:30 PM
There is no way we could be sure that it is the Prophet's [saw] hair really; Dubai would say it is as they want more tourists! :Emoji46:

talibilm
06-14-2016, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadIbrahim
Nonsense!imsad
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
It also seems that people may make politics and business with those claimed relics:
:sl:

I may have to agree with you both and there could be a few Fakes , asthaugfirullah if I am wrong.

there are few maudhu or fabricated hadith this does not mean we throw out all the hadith.

Rough Diamonds appear similar to certain pebbles if they were accidentally or intentionally mixed still a person with reason will not throw them all away. +o( ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.