/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Revert sister

Rebecca Ivy
06-12-2016, 04:17 AM
I am a revert to Islam , I am a mother of 3 children ALHUMDULLILAH and one of my main concerns is learning Arabic. I am worried I won't be able to learn the language as I already find it so difficult to pick up. I sincerely want to learn the whole language to be able to read and speak Quran with full knowledge of what I am saying and it's meaning! Does anyone have a way they learnt or a website they could direct me to ? But alhumdullilah I am Muslim and I just wanted to say Salam alaikum to all my brothers and sisters out there! May Allah protect us all and grant us jannah with ease.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-12-2016, 04:45 AM
ASsalamu alaikum

I've edited your post sis.

Mashallah it's great to see that you want to learn the arabic language to expand your knowledge of the deen.

This website was very helpful for me: https://www.madinaharabic.com/start_learning.html
You can click on the letters and it also shows you how to connect.

Reading arabic is really easy actually. I think it took me like 4 days to learn all the letters and how they connect, and then after that you can start reading inshallah. Reading can be a struggle at first, but it just takes practice. Afterwards you can start learning simple words or words that are repetitive in the Quran. I think there was a site called 80% of quran or something like that. I'll get you the link to that when I find it inshallah.

You can study with your kids and learn together. :D

eesa the kiwi
06-12-2016, 05:36 AM
this site offers a free arabic course you do at your own pace, i used to use it but ive been slack recently. i need to get back into it inshaallah
https://www.madinaharabic.com/start_learning.html

sister herb
06-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Salam alaykum

This site has been useful for me for the basics of the Quranic Arabic:

http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html

And welcome to forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Malik
06-12-2016, 09:50 AM
If you have any book and want helping or want to practice Arabic I can help you sister
I can also help you from the beginning by my one way of learning it's very easy •_•

Rebecca Ivy
06-12-2016, 10:28 AM
thank you brother that is really helpful, may allah reward you for replying to my message . inch allah you get back into it!:statisfie

anatolian
06-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Aleykum Salam...
Arabic is a beautiful language...
Welcome to the forum

Rebecca Ivy
06-12-2016, 10:40 AM
salam! thank you but how can you help me? i want to learn yes please!! I'm still trying to figure out how to reply and see all the notifications on this site lol

Rebecca Ivy
06-12-2016, 10:43 AM
alhumdullilah thank you sister thats so lovely of you! I am not the best at learning languages , i don't know why, but may allah make it easier for me insha allah!! you are such a lovely sister, may allah reward you for everything you do ,,

Umm Malik
06-12-2016, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Ivy
alhumdullilah thank you sister thats so lovely of you! I am not the best at learning languages , i don't know why, but may allah make it easier for me insha allah!! you are such a lovely sister, may allah reward you for everything you do ,,
I can help you by Skype if you want I can help you to memorize coran too

MuhammadIbrahim
06-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Sister,
All thanks are to Allah, The Almighty, for guiding you to His true religion. I'm 100% sure that Allah will facilitate learning Arabic for you as long as your intention is to know more and more about His words.

Rebecca Ivy
06-12-2016, 12:29 PM
insha allah thank you brother :)

AbdurRahman.
06-12-2016, 02:46 PM
:wa:

Welcome to Islam Sister; it's a pleasure to have you on board! :)

noraina
06-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Wa alaykum assalam

Ameen to your beautiful duas and welcome to Islam sis :)

May Allah swt make it easy for you to learn the language of the Qur'an, you can learn it with your kids too - they're amazing at learning new languages!

Arabic isn't so hard as people make it out to be, I'd say for me to understand what I could read in the Qur'an took me about a year of consistent study. Just remember to study every day, even if it is just for ten-15 minutes. I took long breaks of months in between and it really slowed me down.

muslimah_B
06-13-2016, 02:02 AM
Walaykum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu

I use this app called memrise it really helps
The other websites the sisters mentioned are really good aswell i was using them before when trying to learn
Best way it to make dua and keep doing some everyday if your not consistent you will forget (well i did) and have to start allll the way at the beginning LOL

Abu General
06-13-2016, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
this site offers a free arabic course you do at your own pace, i used to use it but ive been slack recently. i need to get back into it inshaallah
https://www.madinaharabic.com/start_learning.html
Salamalaikum. The Kiwi is here.

eesa the kiwi
06-13-2016, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu General
Salamalaikum. The Kiwi is here.

wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu
broooooooooooooooooooooooooo
where you been bro, good to see the general alhamdulilah
need some more poetry classics general bung boo sir

Abu General
06-13-2016, 09:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu
broooooooooooooooooooooooooo
where you been bro, good to see the general alhamdulilah
need some more poetry classics general bung boo sir
Where do I begin. Been in slumber mode as of late. Life's been a killer. I could begin to describe it in my poetic flowery discourseful el diplomatique stanzas.

walzkwani
06-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Wa alaykum assalam

Ameen to your beautiful duas and welcome to Islam si

greenhill
06-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the forum and the deen.

Didn't see your intro and just seeing it now.. looks like you have been posting stuff. :D

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

walzkwani
06-28-2016, 04:37 AM
ASsalamu alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.