/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need some positive words

Maiet24
06-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Hello.

First of all, I came here searching for some positive words instead of all the negative around me. I hope this can strengthen my faith more and help me dealing with it. I am a recent convert to Islam and (native) Dutch, 21 year old male. Most of the people I meet ( luckily not my friends ) react very negative and sometimes even aggresive when they find out I'm a muslim. Thing is, the religion gives me what I was searching for and they keep rambling about ISIS and how religion screws everything in this world. I'm not afraid of denouncing my faith. But what I am afraid of is being miserably sad and depressed while these negative reactions keep on coming.

TL;DR

Can someone give some positive words in why Islam ( and other religions ) are indeed not keen on murdering one another, doing bad things in general, and that modern muslims can be accepting of others who do not believe? Also how to deal with those negative aggresive reactions...

Thank you in advance my brothers and sisters

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-12-2016, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maiet24
Hello.

First of all, I came here searching for some positive words instead of all the negative around me. I hope this can strengthen my faith more and help me dealing with it. I am a recent convert to Islam and (native) Dutch, 21 year old male. Most of the people I meet ( luckily not my friends ) react very negative and sometimes even aggresive when they find out I'm a muslim. Thing is, the religion gives me what I was searching for and they keep rambling about ISIS and how religion screws everything in this world. I'm not afraid of denouncing my faith. But what I am afraid of is being miserably sad and depressed while these negative reactions keep on coming.

TL;DR

Can someone give some positive words in why Islam ( and other religions ) are indeed not keen on murdering one another, doing bad things in general, and that modern muslims can be accepting of others who do not believe? Also how to deal with those negative aggresive reactions...

Thank you in advance my brothers and sisters
Assalamu Alaikum

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam!

Please disregard the negative comments of other people. They only say these comments to bring Muslims down and make us feel ashamed about our wonderful religion. A lot of times people hate what they don't understand, so just remember that you may be the only example of a Muslim that they see or meet.

If you stay you'll find a lot of great posts here inshallah. :D

I will post some more positive things for you later, but don't give up or feel sad brother! We're all here together to help one another :)

Do you have any Muslim friends where you live?

Maiet24
06-12-2016, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Islam!

Please disregard the negative comments of other people. They only say these comments to bring Muslims down and make us feel ashamed about our wonderful religion. A lot of times people hate what they don't understand, so just remember that you may be the only example of a Muslim that they see or meet.

If you stay you'll find a lot of great posts here inshallah. :D

I will post some more positive things for you later, but don't give up or feel sad brother! We're all here together to help one another :)

Do you have any Muslim friends where you live?
Thank you . All of the people I know never have been remotely close to Islam. They are all either Christian or Atheïst. I feel what you are saying is true. But there is this effect on me where if everyone says something, it starts to nible on me

Eric H
06-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Maiet24; and welcome to the forum;

I think you have to be the change you want to see, fight all battles with kindness, it is not in your nature to be negative, or you will become the same as them.

Blessings,

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maiet24
06-12-2016, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Maiet24; and welcome to the forum;

I think you have to be the change you want to see, fight all battles with kindness, it is not in your nature to be negative, or you will become the same as them.

Blessings,

Eric
I think that's really helpfull advice . Thank you. Name is Alwin btw

Abu General
06-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Somebody once said "You can't change the world around you but you can change how you react to it ". The problem is more often in the inner self than it is outside. Easier said than done of course.

Abu General
06-13-2016, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu General
Somebody once said "You can't change the world around you but you can change how you react to it ". The problem is more often in the inner self than it is outside. Easier said than done of course.
And to add. There are multiple ayah in the Quran where Allah commands us not to be sad lest your power departs. Paraphrasing. Much of the stress in life is from how we react, our emotions,stress,etc when it overwhelms you. How true is the saying " Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me. It'll hurt you only if you let it.

Eric H
06-13-2016, 10:11 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Abu General; and welcome to the forum

This reminds me of a story I read on this forum some time ago......

A man was on his death bed, Someone asked him to give some wise counsel before he departed:

"When I was young I wanted to change the world and solve its problems, As I got older I realized that perhaps I should lower my sights, I thought I would be better served in changing my country as time went on I realized that people of country could not be changed. I decided to change the people of my town , but they also did not wish to change, When I reached my old age I thought I would try changing my Family, here also I found my endeavors go to waste, try as I might my family members would not change.

"Now that I am on my death bed, I have realized that if I had sought to improve myself, and removed my own defects, then perhaps my family members would have been influenced. Then seeing the behavior of my family people of my town would have been influenced. By seeing the spiritual change and improvement of the people of my town, the people of my country would have been influenced. And perhaps through the people of my country the world may have been influenced."

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Umm Abed
06-13-2016, 10:20 AM
I think I said it:D

Abu General
06-13-2016, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed

Abu General
06-13-2016, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Abu General; and welcome to the forum

This reminds me of a story I read on this forum some time ago......

A man was on his death bed, Someone asked him to give some wise counsel before he departed:

"When I was young I wanted to change the world and solve its problems, As I got older I realized that perhaps I should lower my sights, I thought I would be better served in changing my country as time went on I realized that people of country could not be changed. I decided to change the people of my town , but they also did not wish to change, When I reached my old age I thought I would try changing my Family, here also I found my endeavors go to waste, try as I might my family members would not change.

"Now that I am on my death bed, I have realized that if I had sought to improve myself, and removed my own defects, then perhaps my family members would have been influenced. Then seeing the behavior of my family people of my town would have been influenced. By seeing the spiritual change and improvement of the people of my town, the people of my country would have been influenced. And perhaps through the people of my country the world may have been influenced."

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric
Bulls eye. Pinned it.

Abu General
06-13-2016, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Woah . It was you , was't it. *shocked*.

greenhill
06-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I'd like to quote a man who recently passed away, a man beyond description this modern era. A man that has taught me great things. He didn't demand my attention, but he did very big things.

Amongst the many things he said, this might be the one for you.

"Often it isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the little pebble in your shoe" - Muhammad Ali. Al Fatihah.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Scimitar
06-13-2016, 10:45 PM
If you want to change the world, change the way you see the world.

Scimi

Arfa
06-14-2016, 03:20 AM
Welcome to forum bro :
Congragulations on reverting to islam.. Since you have entered in Deen of Peace just know If you feel majority are against you Allah wants to increase your rank in the world or hereafter...stay firm in your stance and keep lighting your wisdom...Best solution for such a scenario would be to ignore such comments and keep doing your thing :)Peace bro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.