/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Noticeable Changes Here on IB

greenhill
06-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Although it says Oldtimer as a member status, I don't really feel oldtimer. There are other seriously veterans on this site and I am still junior in comparison.

I hear reminiscence of the past, and although I can't speak of times before I became part of the family, a worldwide one, I am happy to say that mostly IB was no nonsense discussion. Islamic, principled and factual on the message of islam. (There are of course lighthearted sections and topics).

There is a new wave of young members joining, and on one occasion caught opening multiple accounts, and the many similar openers about those losing faith and can't find connection, it does make we wonder a lot.

This is an islamic forum with a mission to create a better understanding of the deen, what Allah commands and what He forbids. We have no say. And we cannot advise on the contrary.

I feel we are losing focus.

I miss those fire-brand posters who take no nonsense and say it, if found otherwise, are big enough to apologise. They often have their facts and quotes to back. Be it scientific or whatever, but they have disappeared one by one.

You see, wisdom is learnt from the messages within the posts. The poster is irrelevant. What is the message for you? The poster could be an idiot, but if what is said is good, good it is. I won't discard it if it is the right thing to do even though an idiot said it. I will thank that idiot.

Next, taking that one step further, the message is still there even if the tone is different. Listen to the message and not to the tone. Usually, the harder the tone, the clearer the message. Often, that rubs people the wrong way. When you're rubbed up the wrong way it creates resistance and won't be very conducive. But there is still a message for you. What is the nessage?

So, for the youth of the forum, there is still a long long way to go still in your life. Even for the wisest of us here, we still don't know much, but our experiences of having gone through those phases of life can help you navigate (if you will listen). And we should NOT condone acts going against the deen.

We ARE Islamic Board. And in islam, we ought to respect the elder.

As much as the seniors can relearn from the simplicity of youth, there much more the youth can learn from the those who have gone through it.

:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
06-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
There is a new wave of young members joining, and on one occasion caught opening multiple accounts, and the many similar openers about those losing faith and can't find connection, it does make we wonder a lot.
The forum has certainly changed a lot in the years I've been here. In recent weeks the biggest change I've noticed has been the increase in the number of threads about losing faith as you describe. I don't know whether they used to get deleted or hidden in some way, but there have definitely been lots of them on display recently.

Peace

sister herb
06-13-2016, 04:23 PM
New generation has grown up. They were still babies when we joined. Hopely they will respect us oldsters.

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Based on my short time here I have seen a lot of new accounts and they're posting nonsense troll threads like the one me and Cpt.America figured out the other day.

Timi Scar was one such user who was pretty brutal, he certainly put me in my place lol and although I dislike his attitude, he spoke the truth and didn't take any nonsense. Maybe Muslims are just becoming softer? I really dislike authority and being put in my place but I do actually appreciate it once I realise I was wrong.

Sister Sabr was strong voiced too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
T L
06-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Salaam Greenhill, I must say I have noticed it alot. Whole new level of unappreciation for truth and straight up stupidity if you ask me. And to be frank I don't appreciate the great detail of sins/vulgarity in some of these posts anyway, there's no need to display that for the world to read.

Get a grip with the reality and remember your grave.

Scimitar
06-13-2016, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

The forum has certainly changed a lot in the years I've been here. In recent weeks the biggest change I've noticed has been the increase in the number of threads about losing faith as you describe. I don't know whether they used to get deleted or hidden in some way, but there have definitely been lots of them on display recently.

Peace
hasbara been busy recruiting lol it's on their website - for REAL

T L
06-13-2016, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
For real.

greenhill
06-14-2016, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by L V
Salaam Greenhill, I must say I have noticed it alot. Whole new level of unappreciation for truth and straight up stupidity if you ask me. And to be frank I don't appreciate the great detail of sins/vulgarity in some of these posts anyway, there's no need to display that for the world to read.

Exactly..

سيف الله
06-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Salaam

Good post a lot to ponder. There has been a lot of change over they years.

format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
PSY OPs eh? Theres a massive propoganda war going on against Islam so it wouldn't surprise me. Or it could be the seculars are engaging in a new form of trolling. Obviously they gain little traction by being their 'honest' selves. So they decide to masquerade as Muslims in the hopes of leading us away from our faith. :hmm:

At least they're easy to spot.

format_quote Originally Posted by L V

:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.