/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tajweed

Pygoscelis
06-13-2016, 12:31 PM
I have always found the Islamic ban on music ironic given how so many recitals of the Quran are so melodic. All that seems to be missing is a drum beat. I have never seen Christians try to "sing" the bible like that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bhabha
06-13-2016, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I have always found the Islamic ban on music ironic given how so many recitals of the Quran are so melodic. All that seems to be missing is a drum beat. I have never seen Christians try to "sing" the bible like that.
Its not singing. Arabic is so different than English and its not music its the word of Allah

Serinity
06-13-2016, 01:08 PM
it'd be mockery to use music, and it defeats the purpose of awareness, and it takes away the seriousness of reciting the Qur'an. It is not Music.

https://islamqa.info/en/1377

I see nothing Ironic about it.

noraina
06-13-2016, 01:10 PM
The Qur'an isn't exactly 'sang', it is recited. You would have noticed how many recitations of the Qur'an sound fairly similar - this is because they are recited according to the rules of tajweed, which are learnt and different from singing, as it is a duty for every Muslim to recite the Quran eloquently.

btw bro @Kiro , this is not a bad idea, unfortunately not tech savvy at all so can't be of much help.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
06-13-2016, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
The Qur'an isn't exactly 'sang', it is recited. You would have noticed how many recitations of the Qur'an sound fairly similar - this is because they are recited according to the rules of tajweed, which are learnt and different from singing, as it is a duty for every Muslim to recite the Quran eloquently.

btw bro @Kiro, this is not a bad idea, unfortunately not tech savvy at all so can't be of much help.
The beautiful recitation is what one calls Tajweed, right?

And it is not surprising that Allah SWT may bless the voice of the reciter.

noraina
06-13-2016, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
The beautiful recitation is what one calls Tajweed, right?

And it is not surprising that Allah SWT may bless the voice of the reciter.
Yep, tajweed are the rules of recitation - it is a whole science of its own.

Also Arabic is a complex and beautiful language, even in normal conversation it sounds really different from English.

Scimitar
06-13-2016, 09:34 PM
gosh yes I want to agree but education in principles of contextual dissemination of the third kind would have me differ.

"Al Qur'an" literally translates to "The Recital" - a Psalm, if you will.

Now for the contextual break down of your misaligned logic:

Music - is made with Man Made Instruments, or with objects that are inanimate.

Singing can sound musical but it is not music for it is an human doing it - it is animated with "life".

Can you see why now, your question itself needs to be re-formed?

Here - let me help you out, show you how to do this properly ok?

"Why is singing allowed in Islam? and is the singing of the Qur'an say, the same as me singing Rick Astley? What I mean is, can I sing Rick Astley lyrics (ouch painful) and not get the sin for it?"

The answer is simple - we do not Sing Songs when we recite the Qur'an, we beautify it's speech, as it is a "recital" as explained above in this post. No instruments necessary. The Surahs we recite are all glorfying God, unlike the Rick Astley (and whoever else) who sing from the ego and butt hurt pain of losing their love - it's quite pathetic when I consider how the Qur'an champions the existence of humanity while the Rick Astley's of this world just serve to make mankind look weak and desperate for carnal desires.

There is a duality to everything created, the sun/moon, night/day male/female good/bad etc etc etc

The Only Unique is God, who created in pairs so we may know that only HE is ONE. This is the purpose of the Qur'an. To get closer to God, not closer to that girl you had a crush on since high school lol.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-13-2016, 09:47 PM
I have never seen Christians try to "sing" the bible like that.
That's because there is no semitic New Testament is there? lol

It's all Greek mate. A non Semitic language... not Aramaic Hebrew which is what Jesus pbuh spoke on a daily basis.

Have you heard an Hazan (A Jewish recitor of the Old Testament) recite the Psalms? It also carries a rhythmic cadence to it. But it pales in comparison to the beauty of the Qur'an - because the Qur'an is preserved word - living word of God - timeless, for all ages - what the Christians refer to as LOGOS. Just in a more truer context.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.