/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dracula: The Untold Story

*charisma*
06-14-2016, 12:40 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Some facts:

• The word Drac means "dragon" or "devil"
  • The famous blood drinking Dracula that we know today was really named Vlad III and he came from the house of Draculesti.
  • Vlad II (Dracula's father) was an ally to the Turkish ruler, Sultan Murad. He sent 2 of his 4 sons to serve the Sultan, one of which was Vlad III and the other was his son Radu III
  • Radu III became a Muslim and beloved by the empire, while his brother Vlad III learned as much as he could to determine the Ottoman empire's weakness. He went against the Muslims killing and impaling them by the thousands, including women and children.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_B
06-14-2016, 02:26 AM
So where did the whole vampires thing come from, is there an actuall story that happend then through time was changed, or an old wives tale told to scare kids (im honestly curious)

I think i ended up on the wrong side of youtube once and saw a video trying to prove vampires exist [emoji15] (pls dont ask how i got there LOL)

*charisma*
06-14-2016, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
So where did the whole vampires thing come from, is there an actuall story that happend then through time was changed, or an old wives tale told to scare kids (im honestly curious)

I think i ended up on the wrong side of youtube once and saw a video trying to prove vampires exist [emoji15] (pls dont ask how i got there LOL)
;D ;D Actually they say he used to drink people's blood. Although the whole vampire thing wasn't associated with him until the fiction novel Dracula came out and was popularized. It's funny that the true story got buried though..it's more interesting than the fake one lol.

jabeady
06-14-2016, 02:28 PM
Vampires, aka Strogoi, are still believed in, in rural parts of Romania and environs. If the population of a village believe a strogoi is active in the area, they will exhumed the suspected corpse from the cemetery and burn it. Originally, strogoi were believed to take the form of wolves, but bats were added to their repertoire after the vampire bat was discovered in South America.

I first read the novel Dracula in high school, and I've been "researching" them ever since. Oddly, I detest most movie and TV versions, preferring the old black-and-white depictions; they depend more on atmosphere and less on special effects. The Louis Jordan version, however, is the most faithful to the novel.

I consider the novel a masterpiece, if only because you can sense the vampire's presence on every page, even in scenes and chapters where he doesn't appear.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
06-14-2016, 02:40 PM
That was fascinating! I remember reading about this before, how his brother converted to Islam too and all....

But tbh, the very idea of vampires makes me queasy +o(.

muslimah_B
06-14-2016, 03:04 PM
I watched the film that was based on vlad it showed at the beginning him fighting with the turks before he ended up going into a cave and turning into a vampire LOL

I think before i became muslim it was kinda weird thinking they could be real like werewolves etc
Then when i heard he was a real person from islamic history i was shocked and fascinated, i mean islamic history is so rich and you can always learn something new or even tie it back to something you knew before but now its from an islamic point of view its Amazing !

(Then when i became muslim i was like "are aliens real") lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.