/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't shake fears

hereforadvice
06-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Hi. I really didn't know where else I should turn to.
I'm really scared.
I live in the USA. I was born here, but my dad wasn't. He is a US citizen, and has been since he was underage.
I'm really scared for my safety. I am not hijabi wearing. I honestly look very racially ambigious. Its just hard to tell, but I don't look white.
But my name is very obviously middle eastern. There is no hiding that.
I'm just really scared for my safety. I've been crying on/off. I've been anxious since this whole Donald Trump situation, but I've been crying, or anxious non stop since the Orlando shooting. I'm crying as I write this. I absolutely cannot shake the fear of whats going to happen.
I'm so scared of backlash because of it coming onto me, and my safety.
I'm aso really scared on if Donald Trump becomes president. What will happen to me? Will he force me to go back to where my dad was from? I don't want to do that.
I'm so scared. I don't want him to be president. After reading about what happened to Japanese people - I cannot stop shaking the fear of something like that happening to me.
I'm so scared.
Can someone please help?
I'm such an emotional person, I cannot shake this fear. Its making me consider crazy things like moving to another country like NZ, or even changing my name.
Someone just please help me. I'm petrified, and hearing a bunch of negative stuff isn't helping.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bhabha
06-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Hey, have you ever experienced racial hatred? Besides what is on the news, what has made you scared?

hereforadvice
06-14-2016, 09:25 AM
When I was in school - yeah. I moved to a really white area. Nothing violent, but a lot of people making comments. We were just kids. So I don't want to dislike them over it. They were just being mean (like most kids are). Just stuff like that. I'd say the worst was an "apology card" when Osama Bin Laden died. That really caught me off guard. It was just from a few kids in my class. I didn't tell anyone, and just tossed it away.

There were few Muslims in my school. They didn't really like me either, though. They were all very religious, the females all wore hijabs, they spoke Arabic to each other a lot, etc. They criticized me a lot for not being as religious as they were. Which I understand.

So I guess I didn't feel like either side liked me very much.

I'm also just a very "what could go wrong" person. So usually the answer is a lot of things. And then I freak myself out.

I guess just that people are being so mean, hateful, and assuming Islam is full of violent people. I'm the least violent person I know. I cry at the very idea of someone being mean to a cat. So it makes me so upset that people might assume I'm violent or hateful because of a very small portion of people.

Scimitar
06-15-2016, 07:14 AM
maybe this will cheer you up:

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
06-15-2016, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hereforadvice
Hi. I really didn't know where else I should turn to.
I'm really scared.
I live in the USA. I was born here, but my dad wasn't. He is a US citizen, and has been since he was underage.
I'm really scared for my safety. I am not hijabi wearing. I honestly look very racially ambigious. Its just hard to tell, but I don't look white.
But my name is very obviously middle eastern. There is no hiding that.
I'm just really scared for my safety. I've been crying on/off. I've been anxious since this whole Donald Trump situation, but I've been crying, or anxious non stop since the Orlando shooting. I'm crying as I write this. I absolutely cannot shake the fear of whats going to happen.
I'm so scared of backlash because of it coming onto me, and my safety.
I'm aso really scared on if Donald Trump becomes president. What will happen to me? Will he force me to go back to where my dad was from? I don't want to do that.
I'm so scared. I don't want him to be president. After reading about what happened to Japanese people - I cannot stop shaking the fear of something like that happening to me.
I'm so scared.
Can someone please help?
I'm such an emotional person, I cannot shake this fear. Its making me consider crazy things like moving to another country like NZ, or even changing my name.
Someone just please help me. I'm petrified, and hearing a bunch of negative stuff isn't helping.
Asalaamu alaikum. My dear sister know that even if the whole world was to come together against you they would not be able to touch you lest Allah wills. Therefore we must have tawakallullah and have full reluance, trust and faith in him.

Make the Dua for protection each and every day and ask of allah to protect you and your family. After that be in peace that Allah is protecting you. Trump and any other leader are powerless. The real master of the universe and supreme leader of the universe is Almighty Allah. He sees all and no one can do anything without his will. These leaders and tyrants think they have power. Nay for allah makes them think they do and allows them to continue in their evil ways so he can punish them more.

We must also realise we will always be tested with hardships and trials. On the day of Judgement we will realise the immense reward of being patient through trials and tribulations and wished we went through more than anyone else.

So do not be scared and worried dear sister. The hijaab, jilbaab, beard etc are the most loved by allah and we should not care what anyone thinks or says for as long as our intention is to please Allah he will give us the best of this world and ultimate success in the Hereafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.