/* */

PDA

View Full Version : America feeling the Bern

Abu General
06-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Do you feel it ? I mean Sanders ofc even though the whole election process seems like a half assed farce. Is it time for Americans to ditch Democratic Capitalism ? Or is it the End of America as we know it with a civil war around the corner. Maybe a taste of their own plottings in other countries coming back to haunt them. Pass the popcorn please and oh yeah. .

Discuss.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
06-16-2016, 05:36 AM
A lot of what Bernie says makes sense. He wants to get money out of politics. How can you be against that?

Abu General
06-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Not against him at all.

In fact I think he's the only honest decent politician in the States.

sister herb
06-18-2016, 10:41 AM
The presidential election system in USA looks very odd to me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cpt.America
06-18-2016, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
It's going to get odder.

Up till now it was just internal decisions within the main political parties to choose which candidates they will back for the actual elections.

During the actual elections they'll go through the whole electoral college stuff, which is a holdover from when they were making the government about 240 years back

(there was a compromise on whether each individual state should get equal representation in government- which would be unfairly skewed towards small states with barely any people
or
representation will be based on populations- which would be unfairly skewed towards states with massive populations)

Ultimately in the actual election system, the candidates are fighting for control of states. Not popular vote.

Each state is designated some certain number of 'points'
Whoever has the most 'points' wins.
So if a state votes majority for one candidate, that candidate wins that state and that states designated 'points'

Usually this doesn't cause issue and state vote reflects popular vote

Except back in 2000 more PEOPLE voted for Al Gore.
But Bush won the states worth more points.
So Bush became president, despite being less popular.

And now we have the mess that is United States foreign policy and involvement in foreign affairs, with two stupid costly foreign wars, the consequences of which have carried over to today:

Countless innocents dead and displaced with corrupt institutions and governments rushing to fill the voids after the collapse of the existing corrupt institutions and governments.

sister herb
06-18-2016, 11:09 AM
:heated:

ahmed12$
06-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Salam bro

muslimah_B
06-18-2016, 02:04 PM
What i dont understand and will never understand, is how a "person" (if we can call him that) like trump ever got into the running for president
How did it even happen, can anyone from the streets just apply to run for president ?!?
Its driivng me crazy anytime I hear about him over here

Pygoscelis
06-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Yes, anyone from the streets can apply for president....... but they will need a ton of money (which Trump has) and a message people like (which a lot of bigots do in Trump's case) to get anywhere after that. My personal crazy conspiracy theory is that Trump is in cahoots with Hillary Clinton, and purposefully went full on bigot and then always intended to implode after taking down the Republican party so Hillary can cruise into the whitehouse. If you look at Trump's history and what he has said, he has never been this far right before. He used to support everything from abortion to gay marriage to mass immigration. He has married immigrants and never a locally born woman too.

noraina
06-18-2016, 02:24 PM
He does seem to contradict many of his own actions...whatever the case it's almost physically painful to see him getting this much support and how he's just running away with his ridiculous statements. Seriously even just listening to him is so incredibly annoying.

I've got my hopes that the majority of the US will be able to see what he really is and won't let him win - because honestly if he does it'll be a sad, sad day.

Cpt.America
06-18-2016, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Yes, anyone from the streets can apply for president....... but they will need a ton of money (which Trump has) and a message people like (which a lot of bigots do in Trump's case) to get anywhere after that. My personal crazy conspiracy theory is that Trump is in cahoots with Hillary Clinton, and purposefully went full on bigot and then always intended to implode after taking down the Republican party so Hillary can cruise into the whitehouse. If you look at Trump's history and what he has said, he has never been this far right before. He used to support everything from abortion to gay marriage to mass immigration. He has married immigrants and never a locally born woman too.
If that were to be the case, the Republican Party would have ended that from happening long ago.
They've never worked in conjunction with Democrats like that, even going so far as to shutting down government for weeks when Obama's healthcare reforms were passed.

No, Trump has straight up hijacked the Republican party, much to tell dismay of the Republican old guard.

Pygoscelis
06-18-2016, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cpt.America
If that were to be the case, the Republican Party would have ended that from happening long ago.
They've never worked in conjunction with Democrats like that, even going so far as to shutting down government for weeks when Obama's healthcare reforms were passed.

No, Trump has straight up hijacked the Republican party, much to tell dismay of the Republican old guard.
That is my point. My crazy theory is that he did it for Hillary and was a democrat all along pretending to be a crazy republican bigot, knowing that would win him the republican primary. Now that he has won it, he can fall apart, and he is.

*charisma*
06-18-2016, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cpt.America

;D The republican party can't tell their head from their toes. Some of the dumbest people are in politics I swear..
All anyone in the political party has to show these days is their insults to one another, backbiting, fear mongering, lies, slander, everything which is considered haram. And in the end we're supposed to decipher who is the least worst of these candidates ;D That's American politics for you, folks!

If i were to run for president to win, or just to have a voice, I'd run for the republican party as well ;D ;D

muslimah_B
06-18-2016, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
;D The republican party can't tell their head from their toes. Some of the dumbest people are in politics I swear..
All anyone in the political party has to show these days is their insults to one another, backbiting, fear mongering, lies, slander, everything which is considered haram. And in the end we're supposed to decipher who is the least worst of these candidates ;D That's American politics for you, folks!

If i were to run for president to win, or just to have a voice, I'd run for the republican party as well ;D ;D
Sis charisma for president !!!!

world citizen
06-20-2016, 12:26 PM
You might not like what my opinion is but hopefully you won't be too offended or whatever, and I'm just "keeping it real."

Bernie does seem like he has a good heart, he seems pretty honest, and seems like a nice guy (although a "Cultural Marxist" like most other Democrats and Leftists - one side of the Zionist Oligarchical 2 party dictatorship - with the Republicans and the Right being foaming at the mouth Ziocon/Neocon fanatics). However, there's no way he would get the nomination (Killary has it locked up; why Muslims would vote for this certified war criminal is mind boggling, and please note, I'm NOT saying Trump is better, and I am a Muslim living in the US). But even if Bernie did, he would be nothing more than a puppet and stooge of the elite Yahood, IMHO. We're all under occupation like in Falasteen.

The bottom line is that the "American" (sic) government is controlled by the elite Yahood, so whoever wins will be doing the bidding of their Zionist masters in Tel Aviv.

Scimitar
06-20-2016, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu General
Not against him at all.

In fact I think he's the only honest decent politician in the States.
ya think, huh? *turbo eye roll*

Abu General
06-22-2016, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Odd is the understatement of the year. Lol

Abu General
06-22-2016, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed12$
Salam bro
Walaikumasalm wr wbkth

Abu General
06-22-2016, 08:09 AM
I'll reply later on . Last 10 days Ramadan coming up. Don't want to get distracted by worldly affairs.

truthseeker63
06-25-2016, 04:57 AM
Bernie Sanders has a lot of good ideas.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.