View Full Version : Share something you have learnt this Ramadan

S.Ali786
06-16-2016, 01:37 AM
Salams, As above.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
06-18-2016, 02:47 AM
:wa:

In Ramadan if you can recite Qur'an 1 juz a day. Then why not do that outside Ramadan too? What we are capable in Ramadan, if we wanted to we could do it everyday. Imagine the rewards of that, subhan Allah.

darullemon
06-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Kids think you are doing something fishy when you wake up for suhur and eat in silence.

syed_z
06-18-2016, 06:28 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum....Nice thread. :) Something that I learnt this Ramadaan and I hope that Muslim brothers and sisters can benefit from it as well.

Rasool Allah (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said “The first part of the month of Ramadaan is mercy, the middle of it is forgiveness and the end of it is freedom from the Fire.

There has begun this trend in the past few decades, especially with the evolution of technology such as smart phones, laptops, computers and various resources through which knowledge is spread and shared at a very fast rate. Certain people emerged in the Ummah of Mohammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) who believe that only they are Ahle Haqq (People of the Truth) while everyone else is Ahle Biddah (People of the innovation). They are ignorant to the fact or maybe choose to be so that Ikhtilaf (differences) exists from the time of the companions and they never declared each other right or wrong. They peacefully coexisted with their individual opinions.

A quick google search of the above hadith would instantly give you results of the "Ahle Haqq" websites claiming that the above hadith of 3 Asharaas (3 parts of ramadaan being 10 (Asharaa) days each) is Daee'f and should be immediately rejected. While completely ignoring the fact that Daee'f hadith can be accepted as long as they are encouraging virtues and extra acts of worship. They are considered reliable according to Ilm Al Hadith (Science of Hadith). This is an Islamic Principle.

Closely observing the above hadith following understanding came to my mind and if you benefit then All Praise is due to Allah (swt)!

First Part is Mercy so does it mean that such a great Mercy of Allah (swt) is only for the first part and it is not going to be throughout the remaining Ramadaan?

Everything begins with the Mercy of Allah (swt) including Ramadaan ul Mubarak.

The first Verse in the Entire Quran begins with Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim
With the Name of Allah (swt) The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

The entire creation began with the Mercy of Allah (swt).

Messenger of Allah (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said: When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath. (al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah)

Each one of us was created individually due to Mercy of Allah (swt) in our mother’s womb:

Surah Imran Verse 6
It is He Who shapes you in the wombs of your mothers as He wills.

He used the word Arhaam for womb (derived from Rahm which means Mercy)

The arrival of the Rasool Allah (sallAllahu Alaihi wassallam) and the completion of revelation is a great part of His Mercy

Surah Al Anbiya Verse 107
And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)

Therefore everything begins with the Mercy including Ramadaan. Even though the 2nd and the 3rd part of Ramadaan are assigned for forgiveness and safety from hell fire yet it is due to His initial Mercy that believers will be forgiven and are protected from fire. Surah Al Araaf Verse 156 .."With my punishment do I afflict whom I will - but My Grace overspreads everything.... ...and it is due to this Mercy that Angels in the Heavens pray for His Mercy 1st, His Forgiveness Second and then Safety from the Fire 3rd, for all believers including in the Holy Month of Ramadaan, the Month of the Quran. Surah Al Ghafir Verse 7
Those [angels] who carry the Throne and those around it exalt [ Allah ] with praise of their Lord and believe in Him and ask forgiveness for those who have believed, [saying], "Our Lord, You have encompassed all things in Mercy and knowledge, so Forgive those who have repented and followed Your way and protect them from the punishment of Hellfire.

....and they do this throughout Ramadaan till the last nights including Night of Laylatul Qadr...

Surah Al Qadr Verse 4 and 5
Therein descend the angels and the Ruh (Angel Gabriel) by their Lord's permission with every matter. There is peace until the appearance of dawn

Rasool Allah (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said to recite this dua in the last 10 nights of Ramadaan:

Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee
O Allah, You are The One Who pardons greatly, and You love to pardon, so pardon me.

The Purpose in Ramadaan is to attain His Forgiveness so we are saved from the Punishment in the Hereafter through His Mercy.

Narration from Anas (r.a) and others, which states that the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) climbed up on the Minbar, and then said (Ameen). It was said 'O Messenger of Allah (swt), why did you say Ameen?" He said: Jibril (Alaihi Salaam) came to me and said "O Muhammad, he is doomed who sees the month of Ramadaan come and go, and he has not been forgiven." He said, "Say Ameen," so I said Ameen. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir Volume 5 (Abridged) Shaikh Safiur Rahmaan Al-Mubarakpuri - Darus Salaam)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
06-18-2016, 10:00 AM
Patience

noraina
06-18-2016, 10:33 AM
I learnt Ramadan is not *just* about fasting, and if you focus only on abstaining from food and water you are missing out on the huge amount of blessings in this month.

anatolian
06-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Yes, there are many other things you need to abstain from in Ramadhan...

anatolian
06-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Abstaining from food and water can only be a remembrance of all other things...

tooba ch
06-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Qurbani

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.