/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Date Guide!

noraina
06-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Look, a date guide! Khodry are by far my *most* favourite dates (they taste just like toffee!), and I can't believe I've never tried ajwa dates :( they don't seem to be that easily available. Although I really like sukkari dates too.

But khodry all the way :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-19-2016, 08:30 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

My favorites are sukkary and medjool dates. Ive had ajwa dates and theyre not as sweet but they do have a unique taste.

darullemon
06-19-2016, 08:51 AM
I cant tell difference from one to another...lol :embarrass

Aisha
06-19-2016, 09:10 AM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

The dates in this guide have been airbrushed. ^o) They don't taste as good unless they're wrinkly. I see no wrinkles.

Ajwa dates are obviously the very best.

The Messenger ﷺ said, “Whoever has seven Ajwa dates every morning will not be harmed on that day by poison or magic.
(Saheeh al-Bukhari)
The Messenger ﷺ said, “Ajwa dates are from paradise.
(Tirmidhi)

After Ajwa, it's Palestinian medjool dates all the way. They have a lovely caramel taste.
Always remember to check the label.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
06-19-2016, 06:17 PM
What the heck. There are yellow dates?

I'm so new to the date field.

noraina
06-19-2016, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
The dates in this guide have been airbrushed. They don't taste as good unless they're wrinkly. I see no wrinkles.
;D I know, the khodry dates I eat are actually much darker and much more wrinkly than they are shown in the picture - the guide doesn't make them look particularly appetizing.

Bro @Aaqib , I only discovered yellow dates last year lol. They are actually quite nice, especially the ones from Egypt.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.