/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jamat

S.Ali786
06-22-2016, 01:36 AM
Salams, Any tips and advice for someone who may go to Jamat to stay in mosque for a few days? Jazak'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
06-22-2016, 01:49 AM
Beware of the thieves.

I used to be on this effort, until I found it totally useless and contradictory. But that's me... now when the Jamaat saathi's come knocking on my door, I invite them in and make tea - just to keep them there for twenty minutes so I can ask them if anything has changed.

Nothing has changed.

But if it's escape from reality you want, enter their fantasy.

Scimi

EDIT: having said this, I'm considering going back to Merkez in Dewsbury, Yorks, simply to quiz the ulema that sit in that room... I have sooo many issues I want to raise.

Scimi

syed_z
06-22-2016, 03:29 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

Surah Imran Verse 104
And from among you there should be a party who invite to good and enjoin the right and forbid the wrong. And these are they who are successful.

I believe that Tableegh Jamaat to some extent can be defined under the light of the above verse. Many people have found their way to Allah (swt) through their efforts such as Junaid Jamshed, and many showbiz people have left the misguided path and went on towards guidance.

This is a very good video in Urdu, Moin Akhtar, a pakistani TV actor and his comments on Tableegh Jamaat in the words of Maulana Tariq Jameel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Wyr5alAAM

We in Pakistan do accept, regardless of whichever religious affiliation, that Maulana Tariq Jameel from Tableegh Jamaat is spreading love among the people very actively.

Honestly I have never been active with them. But one thing is a fact I noticed, there is no other Jamaat as vibrant as Tableegh Jamaat that is attracting many among the youth and helping them connect with Allah (swt) in this age of misguidance. My 2 cents, I know that if you may not benefit greatly, but it is going to make a positive impact on you somehow, spiritually.

Scimitar
06-22-2016, 03:34 AM
Bro Syed, it's not really tabligh though is it?

I mean, they do not propagate Islam to non Muslims, and only ever knock on Muslim doors during gasht - inviting them to hear the same six points like a broken record.

Nothing has changed, and it's NOT tabligh, just a jamaat.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
06-23-2016, 05:46 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum Bro Timi, :)

I once heard from Sheikh Hamza Yusuf mention in his lectures that Dawah is not done amongst Muslims. What we do among Muslims is the work of 'Enjoin what is Good and forbid what is wrong' ...Ya muroona b'il maroof Wa Ya anhau anil munkar...it is this phrase in the above Surah Imran Verse 104 which can be related to the work of Tableegh.

Dawah is something which is done towards non-muslims, invitation towards Islam.

The reason why I consider them to be of importance is because atleast there is someone who is doing that job. We should be thankful to Allah (swt) for their efforts. Their knocking on the door has made the hearts of many turn towards Allah (swt) and the masjid, especially in this age of misguidance.

Scimitar
06-23-2016, 08:23 AM
I partly agree (because I happen to know that most Muslims go there to "escape" instead of integrate and educate) but I still don't understand why they call themselves Tabligh which in the literal sense translates to "propagation" which is done to non Muslims.

"Dawah" simply means invitation, and we had a dawah round ours last week when we had guests for Iftar.

The center for Islamic learning in the UK is merkez, the tabligh Jamat's HQ - yet no propagtion arm - it's half baked mate and that's what I have an issue with.

Let's not forget, the tabligh Jamaat do little if nothing to educate their neighbours about Islam and from experience I know that these neighbors oft view the Tabligh jamaat movement to be suspect. This, because there is little if no interaction with the community at large.

Like I said, half baked, badly in need of revision - this may have been ok in 1983 but we now in 2016 and the Muslim populations in Dewsbury has more than quintupled yet they remain in last century states of mind. They need revision. Badly. What makes it worse is the fact that the Merkez serves as the standard model for the rest of the UK, and the world - it's ridiculous bro.

They need to fix it.

Scimi

darullemon
06-23-2016, 11:16 PM
yo is this true? Is this how people feel about Jamat?

photophp?fbid1075402682507397&ampsetp1075402682507397&amptype3 -

syed_z
06-26-2016, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
Let's not forget, the tabligh Jamaat do little if nothing to educate their neighbours about Islam and from experience I know that these neighbors oft view the Tabligh jamaat movement to be suspect. This, because there is little if no interaction with the community at large.
Salaam bro..

I don't know much about the Markaz in UK.

I know that this Jamaat was formed to basically reform who are already Muslims. From what I know they are not equipped to do Dawah towards non-muslims, who might come up with several twisted and complicated questions. They are more of a reformatory group within Muslims.

There are different paths through which Allah (swt) makes us comes towards Him, many people got guided towards ALlah (swt) through them.

abs
07-15-2016, 12:18 AM
Assalamualaykum.. The way I see it is that it is a path to bring those Muslims who have strayed away from deen back on to it (if Allah wills for it to happen), let's not forget that the definition of a Muslim is a person who submits himself solely and entirely to Allah without compromise (at least this is from what I have read and learnt). Can any among us really make tall claims of being the above mentioned person? Anyway there are many Muslims who today can be referred to as none practicing Muslims but can the two terms really coincide? The point I'm trying to get across is that the ummah on a whole has really strayed away from deen (myself included) and has in a sense attempted to change the definition of what is halaal and haraam. The purpose of why a person goes out in jamaat is to reform himself and not others and the most effective way to do this is to give dawat to others whether they are Muslim or non-Muslim. Whether this person heeds the message should be of no concern to us as our duty has been fulfilled, surely hidaayah is only in Allah's hands. One thing to keep in mind though is that when a person makes effort on others, then Allah will surely spread hidaayah in some part of the world whether we see the fruits of our efforts or not. We are not preachers but merely ordinary people trying to raise our own imaan, we are in no position to force religion down anybodys throat and in no way do we try to spread hidaayah ourselves as this is out of our control. If I have offended anybody then please forgive me, I am just trying to clarify some things. If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask, jazakallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.