/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why did Allah grant Satan to continue tempting mankind untill judgement day ?

shifah
06-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Asalam alikum,

I got this question from a sister who wants to know more about satan, man and the Angels.

Why did Allah grant Satan to continue tempting mankind untill judgement day ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
06-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Wa alaykum assalam

To test us and our obedience to Allah swt. When Satan rebelled, he was told he'd be punished and he asked for respite for some time which was granted, and because of his rebellion against Allah swt he wants all of mankind to go astray. It's important to note that Allah swt could destroy him in a second if He willed, the only reason He didn't was because Satan is a test for mankind.

As humans we have been created pure, but also weak, and we were given free will. We have the ability to choose between and good and bad and this is the purpose of life, to worship Allah swt, and do good and refrain from evil. Satan is there as 'evil', he wants to take us away from worship like he did, and we have the choice to listen to him or not. And if we don't listen to him, there will be great reward in the hereafter.

And Allah swt knows best.

T L
06-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Salaam, I really love this story. Much of my studies on this have been from Ibn Kathir's Stories of the Prophets (pbut)

God told the Angels that He will be creating a viceregent on the earth, khalifah, successor, ruler, generations after generations. Jinn had existed for a long time well before the creation of man, they caused much bloodshed on the earth. Which led to the angels to question God out of curiousity, why would you create a being that will cause bloodshed and corruption on the earth? And the answer God gives to them "I know which you do not know."
God fashions Adam as using His own hands, using clay/earth from the four corners of the earth and spirit was not blown into him for around 40 years. During this time iblis examines adam and so quickly realises that it is a creation of both imaan and free-will.
When his spirit was blown into him, it reached his head, then his eyes, and carried on through. He saw the fruits of paradise, and when it reached his stomach he felt hunger, and then tried to get the fruit before the spirit had even reached his legs. Which why God says "man was created of haste."

When God commanded the Angels to prostrate before Adam as, Iblis rebelled and refused out of pure jealousy and arrogance.
Iblis was of the jinn (a creation of free-will). Before the creation of Adam as, Iblis had earned his rank to be amongst the high ranking Angels. There wasn't a place on earth where he hadn't prostrated before His Creator. We have to understand that imaan does not come naturally for jinn, so for Iblis to have been amongst the high ranking angels, this gives us an idea of his status before God.

"And He taught Adam the names of all things". He was a learning creation, which he then proved and surprised the Angels after greeting them with Assalaamualaikum, and then told them the names of what they did not know i.e He told them their names. To which they proclaimed to God "They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise""

The moment which set the trajectory of Iblis/satan's path was when he refused to prostrate before Adam as. He rebelled and thus became man's sworn enemy. As we can understand from the rest of the story, he led adam as and his wife to sin. God also taught Adam as the words to ask for forgiveness, for He is the Most Merciful. At this point it became clear to Adam as that their time in the Garden was merely a test, and preparation for the true purpose of what God in His infinite Wisdom had decreed, and he understood that himself and his progeny will spend their time on earth for a set period to be tested before being returned to Him for the Ultimate Judgement.

God had also brought out all the souls of Adam as's progeny, and took a covenant from us, that we will not worship anything other than Him. This should also be an indication of what God was preparing us for even before we were born.

God has stressed enough in the Qur'an that Satan is our sworn enemy, and he understands that he will be spending eternity in Hell for what he has chosen to do. He could repent, but considering how long he has existed, he is now incapable of even being able to form the words to ask for forgiveness, and when man prostrates in prayer, satan cries, saying Woe to me! I did not prostrate when my Lord commanded me to!

We have to also understand that God had written ALL of this before any of us, angels, jinn, man, existed. He says Be and it IS! He is the Perfect Planner, and all knowledge is with Him and Him Alone.
The Qur'an is the Ultimate guide to help save us from the Hellfire, we are only told as much as we need to know to get us through this life, and prepare ourselves for the Akhira.

May Allah keep us steadfast on this path and help us prepare ourselves for our graves and the approaching Hour. Ameen.

greenhill
06-22-2016, 01:56 PM
It was part of the Grand Plan.

A related story from this was that way, way, way before Adam was created, Iblees (then Azazil) came across a group of weeping angels and stopped to ask them why. They showed him a verse they read of a creation so high in status who was, in a blink of an eye, stripped of his station and bwcame the lowliest of the low. Seeing as Azazil was then most favoured by Allah, the angels asked him to intercede on their behalf asking Allah to exempt them from the one mentioned.

Azazil did as requested and made a prayer to Allah as what the angels sought. So confident he was that it was not him that the story was told, he did not himself in that prayer and Allah granted that dua. Lo and behold, it was him that the story was referring to, only to be revealed when it was time for Adam pbuh to be created. He even lost his name and became Iblees.

I found that a very interesting story..

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zamtsa
07-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Because satan is the loser , its always got losses .

1Omar
07-16-2016, 04:05 PM
(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Truly I am going to create man from clay. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him." So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them: except Iblis, he was proud and was one of the disbelievers.
(Allah) said: "0 Iblis! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with Both My Hands. Are you too proud (to fall prostrate to Adam) or are you one of the high exalted?" (Iblis) said "I am better than he, You created me from fire, and You created him from clay."
(Allah) said: "Then get you from here, for verily, you are outcast. And verily!, My Curse is on you till the Day of Recompense." (Iblis) said: 'My Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are resurrected." Allah said: "Verily! You are of those allowed respite - till the Day of the time appointed." Iblis said: "By Your Might, then I will surely mislead them all, - except Your chosen slaves amongst them (faithful, obedient, true believers of Islamic Monotheism)."
(Allah) said: "The truth is, and the truth I say, - that I will fill Hell with you (Iblis) and those of them (mankind) that follow you, together." Surah 38: 71-85

kritikvernunft
07-26-2016, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shifah
Why did Allah grant Satan to continue tempting mankind untill judgement day ?
The first universal conservation law is that every single thing in existence is allowed to resist its own disappearance.

The original Nothing that existed before the universe appeared, however, immediately requested his right under the first law to also resist its own disappearance. It was only justice that this right was granted to him. For the original Nothing to reappear, however, the entire universe has to disappear again. This obviously gave rise to the second universal law: There is a phenomenon that will attack the entire universe and everything within it: the original Nothing, Satan.

Therefore, for as long as the universe exists, the original Nothing will have the right to viciously attack it.
Humans, being part of the universe, are obviously also valid targets.
The original Nothing, however, is not doing anything unlawful by attacking us or the universe.

In thermodynamics (physics), the first law is known as the conservation of energy-mass and the second law of thermodynamics is an expression of the universal principle of decay observable in nature.

Watch out for people who say: I believe in Nothing.
It may not mean what you may think that it means.
There is something very deceptive about Nothing.
Nothing is also something -- this is indeed very deceptive -- and therefore insanely dangerous.

But then again, the universe prevents the void from reappearing. There is no void anywhere in the universe.
If the original Nothing manages to puncture the universe with one single element of pure void, it will be game over for the universe.
I wonder how he will manage to do that. But then again, we know that he will, because that will trigger the Last Day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.