/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yawning - Haram?!

Reminder
06-24-2016, 08:51 AM
Is it Halal to yawn?

I read it is makrooh to yawn in public.

:anyone: care to share their knowledge on this subject?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
06-24-2016, 10:02 AM
It's best to pushing it down as much as possible

Hadith
Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah loves sneezing and hates yawning. When one of you sneezes and praises Allah Almighty, it is a duty for every Muslim who hears him to say to him, 'May Allah have mercy on you.' Yawning comes from Shaytan. When one of you yawns, he should control it as much as possible. When a man says, 'Aawh!,' Shaytan laughs at him."

حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ، قَالَ‏:‏ حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدٌ الْمَقْبُرِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏:‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْعُطَاسَ، وَيَكْرَهُ التَّثَاؤُبَ، فَإِذَا عَطَسَ فَحَمِدَ اللَّهَ فَحَقٌّ عَلَى كُلِّ مُسْلِمٍ سَمِعَهُ أَنْ يُشَمِّتَهُ، وَأَمَّا التَّثَاؤُبُ فَإِنَّمَا هُوَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، فَلْيَرُدَّهُ مَا اسْتَطَاعَ، فَإِذَا قَالَ‏:‏ هَاهْ، ضَحِكَ مِنْهُ الشَّيْطَانُ‏.‏

Reminder
06-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Is it only in public or also alone?

darullemon
06-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Imam of our Masjid made an announcement about this yesterday before Tarawee. People Burping and Yawning during Salath. We should try to control and push it down.

Also, Yawning is infectious and sign of Laziness.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
06-24-2016, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darullemon
sign of Laziness.
^o)

I haven´t knowledge what Islam says about yawning but it is not due to a boring companion, laziness, fatigue, or the need for oxygen, as is often believed.

According to a recent report shows that yawning cools the brain and sinuses act like bellows in the process. The function helps regulate the temperature of brain. Yawning increases when temperature rises above +20 C.

Muezzin
06-24-2016, 07:07 PM
No, of course it's not haram to yawn.

darullemon
06-24-2016, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
^o)

I haven´t knowledge what Islam says about yawning but it is not due to a boring companion, laziness, fatigue, or the need for oxygen, as is often believed.

According to a recent report shows that yawning cools the brain and sinuses act like bellows in the process. The function helps regulate the temperature of brain. Yawning increases when temperature rises above +20 C.
I just yawned reading all of that.

Samiun
06-24-2016, 09:51 PM
:sl: try your best to resist yawning as the Shaytan would try to go in so we close our mouth when we yawn. Admittedly I do yawn from time to time without closing my mouth :\. We're told here since we're little to cover our mouths when we yawn as children.

keiv
06-24-2016, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
^o)

Interesting. I yawn when I'm relaxing at home in my ac. I never yawn when I'm at work on a 140*F roof

sister herb
06-25-2016, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Interesting. I yawn when I'm relaxing at home in my ac. I never yawn when I'm at work on a 140*F roof
Interesting. And I yawm when I have to travel in the hot bus.

Obiviously the body has also other technics to cool the brain.

noraina
06-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Clearly actually yawning wouldn't be haraam (it's not exactly something you can help doing)...however in many cultures, particularly here in the UK, to just completely let go whilst yawning would be *really* bad manners and considered a sign of laziness. It just isn't a flattering thing to do, lol.

The hadith above says 'control it as much as possible' - I try to supress my yawns as much as I can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.