/* */

PDA

View Full Version : App development

Bhabha
06-25-2016, 02:32 AM
Hi guys,

I have a question about app development. I'm fiddling with adobe experience design... I want to know whether you need a server to store user information. I'm a little confused, so let's say I make a website and I develop an app to go along with the website, like ordering food, etc. do I need to link the app with the server that the website is running in? :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
06-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Yes, you need a way to communicate with the server from the app.

API based approach is best. Create an API that contains all your business logic and hooks up to your database. This API runs on a server.

Then you can create any number of mobile or web apps (websites) that hook into this API. Benefit being that your business logic is in one central place and not repeated in multiple places.

strivingobserver98
06-25-2016, 05:27 PM
:sl:

I have a team that can handle that all for you :). We handle the technical things, you do the exterior.

Scimitar
06-25-2016, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Hi guys,

I have a question about app development. I'm fiddling with adobe experience design... I want to know whether you need a server to store user information. I'm a little confused, so let's say I make a website and I develop an app to go along with the website, like ordering food, etc. do I need to link the app with the server that the website is running in? :heated:
No, you can quite simply have the option to order and have the ordering system on the web - it's pretty straight forward.

Check this app I made back in the day: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jerk...816459888?mt=8 you dont need farhans team lol

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kritikvernunft
07-03-2016, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
I'm a little confused, so let's say I make a website and I develop an app to go along with the website, like ordering food, etc. do I need to link the app with the server that the website is running in?
It is a financially extremely risky proposition to invest for yourself or for your customers in a server platform, if you do not have a good idea of what exactly it is.

Hiring and spending on hired help for building the server platform is several orders of magnitude cheaper for someone who knows how to program by himself. Therefore, if you fail to learn even the very basics of software development, the odds will be stacked against you. You will not just be unable to do the work by yourself, worse, you will also not be reasonably able to outsource the work to other people.

My recommendation is that you spend at least a few months (3-6) learning the basics before proceeding carefully.
Possible starting point are places like codeacademy and coursera.
You could also not do it, but that will guarantee that you will certainly waste most of your or your customers' money.
It would be utterly irresponsible.

Bhabha
07-15-2016, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
It is a financially extremely risky proposition to invest for yourself or for your customers in a server platform, if you do not have a good idea of what exactly it is.

Hiring and spending on hired help for building the server platform is several orders of magnitude cheaper for someone who knows how to program by himself. Therefore, if you fail to learn even the very basics of software development, the odds will be stacked against you. You will not just be unable to do the work by yourself, worse, you will also not be reasonably able to outsource the work to other people.

My recommendation is that you spend at least a few months (3-6) learning the basics before proceeding carefully.
Possible starting point are places like codeacademy and coursera.
You could also not do it, but that will guarantee that you will certainly waste most of your or your customers' money.
It would be utterly irresponsible.
Yes, I am doing that ^_^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.