/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al I’tikaf in the Last Ten Days of Ramadan

islamkingdom
06-26-2016, 11:29 AM
This is the best period to perform Al I’tikaf. This is in accordance with the hadith reported by ‘Aishah, who said: “The Prophet ﷺ used to seclude himself for worship in the last ten days of Ramadan until Allah Almighty took his soul.” [ Source: Bukhari.]

Anyone who intended to perform Al I’tikaf would observe Salatus-Subhi on the 21st of the month in the mosque where he intended to perform Al I’tikaf and would subsequently enter into his seclusion. ‘Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) reported: “The Prophet used to perform Al I’tikaf every year in the month of Ramadan; when he prayed Salatus-Subhi, he would enter the place of his Al I’tikaf.” [ Source: Bukhari.]

Al I’tikaf ends with the sunset of the last day of Ramadan. However, it is recommended to delay leaving the mosque until the early morning of ‘Eid day, because this is what was recorded as being practiced by many of our pious predecessors.
source: islamkingdom

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lila_18x
06-26-2016, 12:03 PM
I am currently doing Al I'thikaf and I feel amazing I have never felt so close to Allah before and thus has really helped me. However, I would just like to know if I can use my phone to text my mum to ask her to bring me tasbeeh or not?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.