PDA

View Full Version : Taqiyya



cuvir
06-28-2016, 06:12 PM
Can you explain what Taqiyya is and how a non-muslim can know if the information on this board can be trusted.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
06-28-2016, 07:48 PM
can you trust the internet? :D
Reply

Futuwwa
06-28-2016, 08:41 PM
If I were to explain it to you, what difference would it make? How would you determine whether I'm engaging in "taqiyya" as the term is understood by various bigots?
Reply

cuvir
06-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Well. I ran across the term in the article. Rather than go to non-Islamic sources I came to you. You obviously do not care to speak for yourself, and so leave the wiki article referred to in another thread as the authority. Sorry to have bothered you. Just consider that when you are taught by your religious leaders to lie, you can never tell if what they told you was the truth. Good-bye.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Scimitar
06-28-2016, 09:42 PM
See, there is a saying in Arabic:

Follow a liar to his doorstep, don't go inside his house.

Originally Posted by cuvir
Well. I ran across the term in the article.
Show me.

Originally Posted by cuvir
Rather than go to non-Islamic sources I came to you.
And we're not "islamic sources" ???

Originally Posted by cuvir
You obviously do not care to speak for yourself,
You obviously have no problem with pointing fingers - why not point them to yourself? After all, you are the one who made this "bait n switch" like a fool from last decades internet.

Originally Posted by cuvir
and so leave the wiki article referred to in another thread as the authority.
Using the words "wiki" and "authority" in the same sentence show how stupid and uninformed you really are. Is that your source? wiki? editable any donkey with a keyboard? Gosh, seems you really have embarrassed yourself here.

Originally Posted by cuvir
Sorry to have bothered you.
No need to apologise, this has been "fun". :D

Originally Posted by cuvir
Just consider that when you are taught by your religious leaders to lie, you can never tell if what they told you was the truth.
I've yet to experience this "lying" you claim they attempt to teach, and I'm almost 41. Yet here you are - the one spewing lies from WIKI of all places, waddaphonk :D

Originally Posted by cuvir
Good-bye.
oooh exit strategy this quick? Where is your spine? Stick around, you might actually get to the bottom of this mystery called "taqiyyah" :D

Or run away, like the exposed coward that you are. Your choice, ho hum.7

Nothing to see here folks, run alone :D

Scimi
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Taqiyya only exists in the satanic cult known as Shi'ism. This is because Shi`as are - by their very nature - cowards. A Muslim, on the other hand, is never afraid to speak the Haqq (Truth), regardless of the consequences, regardless of the blame of the blamers, and regardless of who will like or dislike it.
Reply

Search
06-28-2016, 09:53 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

I apologize that you were not explained the term earlier in the thread.

The term taqiyaa is a Shia concept that allowed the Shia Muslims to lie in certain situations. However, Sunni Muslims, which are the majority of Muslims in the world, do not have any concept called taqiyaa in the religion. As far as I know, this is a majority Sunni site.

The reason you can trust the information on this board because this board is ultimately a zone of friendly interaction between Muslims and while non-Muslims are also welcomed here, I do not think the target audience is non-Muslims: And the reason I say this is because when I joined this board, I noticed that while there were non-Muslims on this board, majority of the people here are Muslims and topics often have to do with specific matters that concern Muslims and are geared with discussion between Muslims though non-Muslim input is also many times welcomed unless it is some specific scholarly Islamic matter which can only be answered with religious Islamic knowledge. And we do have some students of knowledge and Islamic scholars on the board, though they are not as active as regular members (at least from my personal observation).

At the end of the day, you have to make your own decision and judgment about matters.

Welcome to IB, btw.

Originally Posted by cuvir
Can you explain what Taqiyya is and how a non-muslim can know if the information on this board can be trusted.
Reply

Search
06-28-2016, 10:10 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

@cuvir

I wanted to add one more thing as sort of a friendly advice and hope that it is well-received. I don't know if this is your first experience of dealing with Muslims, but consider that Muslims in today's times unfairly face a lot of flak for many things wrong as if they are the problem. I don't know your race or your religion. But since you did list your gender as a female, consider what if you were discriminated for simply being a female? How would that make you feel? In that same way, Muslims are many times are a target of bigotry and malice and hatred for no good reason other than the fact that they have a different set of beliefs and are therefore considered different and also treated differently. It obviously is not something that makes Muslims feel good, and I think that is why your question set off a negative reaction in some members that initially responded to you.

For what it's worth, I don't think that reaction was a positive one or even necessary to your question, but I'm asking you to consider the bigger context and picture in which Muslims feel the bite of distrust and don't like it just as you wouldn't. What if you had a male boss who told you that because women had PMS they couldn't be able to handle the job? What if you had a boyfriend who told you that just because you are a female you couldn't be trusted to not lie? I'm sure those things would upset you, and that is why your question is also an upsetting one even though I am sure you asked it with good intentions. But the start in itself as you may imagine is on the wrong foot.

Even though you might not have meant it, your message came across as "I don't trust you Muslims. Do you Muslims lie? I think you lie. How can I know you're not lying?" and that communication puts someone in a place of disadvantage and already in a place of inferiority to you because it is as if you're the better person and a truth-teller whereas we are the ones who have to convince you we're co-equals and truth-tellers. I'm sorry, but that's not the right kind of attitude. A seeker or learner comes with humility and asks to learn, not to see whether preconceived notions are to be justified. If a scientist came with a conclusion already drawn and then sought to see if the results matched it, it would be called scientific bias; this kind of thing is not liked in science, and the reason is because it is a faulty approach and an obstacle to true experimentation and learning.
Reply

Futuwwa
06-29-2016, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by cuvir
Well. I ran across the term in the article. Rather than go to non-Islamic sources I came to you. You obviously do not care to speak for yourself, and so leave the wiki article referred to in another thread as the authority. Sorry to have bothered you. Just consider that when you are taught by your religious leaders to lie, you can never tell if what they told you was the truth. Good-bye.
The only one who has been lied to is you. I care to "speak for myself" when you make a show of good faith, which you haven't, by accusing us of being liars and tried to make us take up the burden of proof in the matter. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 07:34 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 02:50 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!