Originally Posted by Lisa921
1. When did you start to learn Quran?
11 years old
2. Besides Al Fatiha, what was the first Surah of Quran you learned?
3. How many Surahs of Quran have you memorized?
19 short verses plus ayyatul Kursi. I struggle to memorise..
4. What is your favourite surah of Quran?
For now amongst the short verses I know it is At takkatur and Watini wazaitoon.
5. What languages of Quran translation do you read in addition to Arabic?
English and Malay
6. Who is your favourite Quran recitor?
Don't know. Hear a lot often coming from everywhere, masjids that I don't need to specifically listen.
7. Do you teach Quran to anyone (ie. friends, strangers, your children, other peoples children, etc)?
Not qualified to. But do discuss with people.
8. Where do you learn Quran (ie. online, in the masjid, from a trusted friend, etc)?
However the means. Quite a lot going around as I live in a muslim country. But sometimes seminars, kutbahs, taskirah, books, online etc
9. How many Qurans and/or translations of Quran do you own?
More than 5. Pure Arabic. With English translations 3 copies and Malay 2 copies.
10. How old were you when you bought or recieved your first Quran?