/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with my faith.

InventorX
06-29-2016, 11:24 PM
Salam, I am very young (teen) and lately I have been having trouble with my faith. A lot of the time I feel as if I am only religious because of the fear of Allah's punishment. Subconsciously, I

think Allah is being unfair to punish someone under excruciating conditions because they didn't believe in him. In modern day I feel it is even harder. There is no prophets or miracles taking

place in front of our eyes. I have also started to think about many things. What if Islam is wrong and we are heading to hell because Isa was the son of god but we didn't believe. What makes

Muhammad's (PBUH) word better than Buddhas? Even if they are headed for something better, why do evil greedy people get to enjoy this lifetime while innocent children suffer in war-torn

countries?. Why dosnt Allah do any of the things he used to do in the prophets time like sending down angels to destroy countries? Recently I have stumbled on a website that has made me

even more unstable, called ******* where they have pages of contradictions in the Quran. If Allah sent down these revelations shouldn't they be perfect? Why would Allah allow other

religions to flourish? It makes me feel like hes trying to deceive us (astagfirillah). I feel like there is a devil whispering in my ear, more and more reasons to doubt Islam. This question is kind

of what i feel: ********

I really want to become a firm Muslim but my mind cant let go of all the doubts and questions. I try to go to the mousque more and listen to lectures and closer to allah, but I still feel the same

way. I feel ashamed to go to my sheikh with this. I need advice on what to do. Thank you and Ramadan Mubarak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
06-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Bro you won't be guided unless Allah wills it, and this only happens if you are sincere - well the good news is, you're here so a door is open. You opened it.

But will you step through or go to erroneuous websites that have been debunked more times than FOX/CNN?

Scimi

MidnightRose
06-30-2016, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by InventorX
I need advice on what to do.
:wa:

As brother Scimi has mentioned: Stay away from those websites. They employ misinformation to confuse people about Islam.

We have good people here that can help clear up the issues you are having.

*charisma*
06-30-2016, 12:16 AM
hink Allah is being unfair to punish someone under excruciating conditions because they didn't believe in him. In modern day I feel it is even harder. There is no prophets or miracles taking place in front of our eyes.
Even with miracles happening, people who don't have faith or don't want to believe, just won't believe. They will make any excuse. They'll call it magic, or technology, or even twist it to fit their own agenda..whatever. In Surah Maryam, Allah describes how Maryam told the people that Isa (as) can talk and they thought she was crazy for saying that since Isa (as) was just a baby. But when Isa (as) talked from the cradle and told the people that Allah is His Lord and their Lord, they STILL differed in opinion even though they heard him talking with their own ears. Allah describes them as dividing into differing sects.

What if Islam is wrong and we are heading to hell because Isa was the son of god but we didn't believe. What makes Muhammad's (PBUH) word better than Buddhas?
Well, that's what knowledge is for. Read, inquire, research, and use your logic. It's really not that difficult.

Even if they are headed for something better, why do evil greedy people get to enjoy this lifetime while innocent children suffer in war-torn countries?
Why do the children and people that suffer still believe in God til their last breath yet you have doubts and are well and alive??

Why would Allah allow other religions to flourish? It makes me feel like hes trying to deceive us (astagfirillah). I feel like there is a devil whispering in my ear, more and more reasons to doubt Islam. This question is kind
The reasons other religions flourish is because we have the freedom of choice. If you want jannah you work hard for it and you overcome the obstacles of this dunyaa. And if you want to follow your desires and use this earth for that, then that's your choice, but you know the consequences of that. This world is a test for the believers. This life is temporary..every person that's died would have wished to have more time or another chance because as the saying goes "life is short." There will be so many people who put in the work (such as creating websites) to make you doubt your beliefs and turn you away from the straight path. And what good does that do anyone but make you turn towards a life of sin?? And why go to such websites when you're not even firm in the knowledge of your own faith?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
InventorX
06-30-2016, 12:31 AM
Thank you for all the replies. I apologize if I sounded ignorant. After Ramadan im planning on joining a halaqa. Maybe if I learn more it will help me.

muslimah_B
06-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Salam, I am very young (teen) and lately I have been having trouble with my faith. A lot of the time I feel as if I am only religious because of the fear of Allah's punishment. Subconsciously, I

think Allah is being unfair to punish someone under excruciating conditions because they didn't believe in him. In modern day I feel it is even harder. There is no prophets or miracles taking

place in front of our eyes. I have also started to think about many things. What if Islam is wrong and we are heading to hell because Isa was the son of god but we didn't believe. What makes

Muhammad's (PBUH) word better than Buddhas? Even if they are headed for something better, why do evil greedy people get to enjoy this lifetime while innocent children suffer in war-torn

countries?. Why dosnt Allah do any of the things he used to do in the prophets time like sending down angels to destroy countries? Recently I have stumbled on a website that has made me

even more unstable, called ******* where they have pages of contradictions in the Quran. If Allah sent down these revelations shouldn't they be perfect? Why would Allah allow other

religions to flourish? It makes me feel like hes trying to deceive us (astagfirillah). I feel like there is a devil whispering in my ear, more and more reasons to doubt Islam. This question is kind

of what i feel: ********

I really want to become a firm Muslim but my mind cant let go of all the doubts and questions. I try to go to the mousque more and listen to lectures and closer to allah, but I still feel the same

way. I feel ashamed to go to my sheikh with this. I need advice on what to do. Thank you and Ramadan Mubarak.
Having fear of Allah is a very good thing, it stops you from commiting sins, some people live their life with absolutely no fear of Allah and even go so far as to insulting Allah
Astagfirllah.
We should fear Allah to stay away from sins but we should also love Allah to do the things that are pleasing to him, whilst being happy doing them as this is pleasing to Allah.
Kinda like you love and fear your mum right lol
You love your mum so youll do things that will make her happy and stay away from doing naughty things to not get her angry or upset, well Allah loves you soooo much more than your mum does and knows you inside and out as He is the one who created you.

Allah never punishes anyone unjustly, for those who never got the message of islam & those very disabled/mentally ill, they will be tested on the day of judgement to see if they do believe in Allah, from what i remember of the lecture, they will be told by Allah to jump into jahhanumm (there will be a pit next to them with the fire there) if they trust/believe in Allah, those who jump, jump into jannah :) and those who dont go to jahhanumm for not trusting Allah.

No there isnt any miricles or prophets infront of our eyes per-se, BUT the Quran is a miricle of Allah, there are signs, miricles of Allah all around us, such as nature these are beautiful creations of Allah to remind us of how powerful Allah is, the sun, the moon, the stars all have their specific jobs to do by the will of Allah. So we dont need to physically see anything, we just have to believe that Allah is our one and only creator, and prophet mohammed s.a.w is his last and finall messenger, why ? Because Allah told us this and we undoubtedly believe everything Allah has told us, there are signs all around us of Allah, that there is a creator of everything, nothing works without something happening, everything was created, nothing just suddenly appeared. Being a muslim is about believing in Allah without ever seeing him, that is true faith, if we was to see "miricles" of Allah, everyone would just believe and there would be no test of faith, hence our test is to believe(have faith & hope in Allah)

Ok lets put it this way Allah is God creator of everything not a human, no human/ animal attributes astagfirllah, and to say Allah needs/has a son would be putting human attributes to Allah Astagfirllah, Allah is above everything above needing children to carry on his "lineage" Astagfirllah, humans/animals have children to carry on their lines to carry on their names to carry on the species.
Allah is beyond anything and everything that we can possibly think of, beyond our capability of knowledge or understanding, we cannot attribute any form of human attributes to Allah, as He is beyond the needs/capabilities of humans, humans get tired, lazy, hungry, we die, we are born, we get ill, etc etc Allah is above and beyond any of these things. He is All powerfull and self sustaining.

Well this life is temporary and basically a testing ground for us, so you may see people who live marvellous lives, they have everything they could ever want or dream of, but still they feel empty inside as they dont have Allah, they have no faith, they worship money, power and status and they will be punished in the next life for eternity, we may suffer here greatly, unimaginable things may happen, but every single person will be judged and their affairs set straight, every wrong will be put right, Allah is the best of all judges, Allah knows every single one of our cries for help, our pain, By Allah it will never be in vain, as Allah will never treat anyone unjust on the day of judgement, the believers will have anything they ever wanted in jannah for eternity :) for their reward of being steadfast, having patience through their trials
While those who chose to act currupt, who choose to oppress, torture, murder, rape, steal, associate partners with Allah, tur away from Allah, they will be thrown into jahhanumm as that is their punishment.
Remember we have free will, you can choose what you do, how you act etc BUT however Allah wills it thats how it will happen

And honestly stay away from those websites, they are full of people who like to cause dis-unity & fearmongering, talking on matters they have absolutely 0 knowledge about and write dribble.

Are there any more doubts or questions you have that we can help to clear up in sha Allah

Hamza Asadullah
06-30-2016, 03:55 AM
Salam, I am very young (teen) and lately I have been having trouble with my faith. A lot of the time I feel as if I am only religious because of the fear of Allah's punishment. Subconsciously, I think Allah is being unfair to punish someone under excruciating conditions because they didn't believe in him.
:wa:

The very fact you are here proves you have imaan (faith) and have concern for your imaan.

My brother Allah is the most just and fair. He will judge between all people and he knows best regarding every aspect of every single human that he ever created. So he will judge every human in accordance with the way they lived their life and choices and path they decided to take etc. Therefore we do not have any knowledge to judge a persons life or the way their fate and destiny will be.

In modern day I feel it is even harder. There is no prophets or miracles taking place in front of our eyes. I have also started to think about many things.
There have been much more harder times and periods from the Prophets time until now like poverty, uncivilised societies and many wars etc which most of us have not seen or experienced. So were very lucky.

We have a miracle in every Muslim home - The Qur'an. It is without a doubt a truly miraculous book if only we made the effort to read and learn it. We also have the Sunnah (The life, sayings and actions of the Prophet). All of this is available in readily available books, online and in courses. So it is much easier for us now to learn and understand our deen - if we really want to - than it has been throughout history.

What if Islam is wrong and we are heading to hell because Isa was the son of god but we didn't believe.
No where in the Bible does it explicitly state that Jesus was the son of God. Actually the total opposite as many verses state that God the father is one and is the highest. Just like the Qur'an the foundations of every revelation from the first Prophet until the last has been the oneness of God (true monotheism). In fact there is far more explicit verses in the Bible confirming Jesus was a Prophet than God or the son of God. The same goes for thr trinity it is mentioned no where in the Bible. None of the paganistic fundamentals of Christianity are proven explicitly in the Bible.

What makes Muhammad's (PBUH) word better than Buddhas? Even if they are headed for something better,
The Buddah was a sage who is worshipped today by "Buddhas". But no where does he state that he must be worshipped nor is there any mention of God nor do Buddahs have a proper structured religion. Much of it is influenced by Hinduism.

There is no religion like Islam. In fact Islam is more than just a religion - it is a complete way of life covering every aspect of our lives.

why do evil greedy people get to enjoy this lifetime while innocent children suffer in war-torn countries?. Why doesnt Allah do any of the things he used to do in the prophets time like sending down angels to destroy countries?
Many people in this world will only have the temporary enjoyment of this life for they will have no share of the next world. For the Muslims as long as we obey Allah then by the mercy and will of Allah we will be successful in the next life and ours is the eternal abode (Jannah). For the poor and oppressed Muslims as long as they are patient then they will have a great reward in the Hereafter.

Also Allah allows many bad sinful people and disbelievers to continue to sin so that he can punish them more. Remember we do not know everything in a persons life. We only see snippets so we should not make judgements based on our limited knowledge. Allahs knowledge is vast and all encompassing so he knows best with regards to every aspect of the life of every single human he has created. So he will judge perfectly, fairly and justly.

Recently I have stumbled on a website that has made me even more unstable, called ******* where they have pages of contradictions in the Quran. If Allah sent down these revelations shouldn't they be perfect?
Brother you can find website "trying to debunk everything". But many of them are full of lies and deciet. If the Qur'an had any contradictions the disbelievers would have taken advantage of it to the fullest extent. But from revelation until now not a single verse of the Qur'an has been proven to be contradictory and erroneous. That is a miracle in itself as Allah says in the Qur'an that if this book was not from him then you would have found many contradictions. But the Qur'an is without a doubt the most unique book in the Universe for it is word for word the word of God the creator of the Universe and everything it contains.

Why would Allah allow other religions to flourish? It makes me feel like hes trying to deceive us (astagfirillah). I feel like there is a devil whispering in my ear, more and more reasons to doubt Islam. This question is kind of what i feel: ********
Allah says in the Qur'an that most of mankind do not believe and he also says that if he wanted to he would have made everyone believers but he does what he wants and has given us all free will to choose and research the truth for ourselves and it is we wo choose which path we are going to take in life. So the answer is they chose themselves to disbelieve. Allah says many disbelievers know Islam is the truth but many do not become Muslims because they are not guided. They chose to worship other than God or not to believe in God. They are the most hated in the sight of God because they refuse to acknowledge the creator and create lies about him attributing other dieties and divinity to created beings.

Allah guides whom he wants and he knows best why certain people are guided and certain people arent simply because there is something in their heart that prevents them from recievingt guidance. Again Allah is fair and just to all so he will judge between every human he has ever created fairly in accordance with the signs they recieved in their lives.

Shaythans job is to decieve as he was given respite from Allah and he proclaimed he will take a number of the creation with him to Jahannam. He is and always will try to decieve us and deter us from the straight path. Hence why we must learn as much knowledge of our deen as we can so that we can stand firm. We must do our best to get closer to Allah and do everything to please him and refrain from anything that may anger and displease him so that he may forgive us our sins and guide us towards the truth.

I really want to become a firm Muslim but my mind cant let go of all the doubts and questions. I try to go to the mousque more and listen to lectures and closer to allah, but I still feel the same way. I feel ashamed to go to my sheikh with this. I need advice on what to do. Thank you and Ramadan Mubarak.
There is no shame in approaching learned men to get answers to your questions. Again it is shaythan trying to decieve you so that your questions turn into doubts in your mind. I recommend you spend as much time as you can with learned and practicing Muslims so that you may gain knowledge, wisdom and guidance. You must also disconnect from non Muslim and non practicing "friends" as anyone who is leading you towards destruction is not a true friend. Such "friends" will stab us in the back on the day of Judgement. So keep away from them and connect to the Masjid. If you keep connected with the Masjid then you are safe just as sheep are safe together. But if you venture out alone then the lone sheep is likely to get captured by the wolf (shaythan).

I also recommend you join Islamic courses urgently and sit with the learned and practicing. These are the best and most blessed days and nights of the year and there is no better time than to make a firm conviction to Allah that you will try your best to get closer to him and learn about your deen so as to satisfy any gaps of knowledge that you have on Islam.

Allah waits for us to approach him so make much Dua to him. Ask of him for guidance and to give you the ability to learn about deen and not have doubts. Ask of him to forgive you and bring you closer to him. There is no better time than now. Do not let the shaythan take you. Walk towards Allah so he runs towards you. Seek refuge in Allah from the evil of mans enemy shaythan.

If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.