/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Build a Water Well - Earn Deeds For Years!

waleed.wa03
06-30-2016, 01:19 AM
As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters. I wanted to share a great opportunity with you guys and I hope this does not come off as spam. I thought General Discussion might me the most correct place to start this thread.

My not for profit company, Solar Funds is starting a water well initiative that will build various types of water wells in Muslim countries around the world depending on the residents' needs. Since we are a solar energy company, our prefered well to build is one that uses solar power to run the pump. We have started a campaign on LaunchGood and need the help of Muslims around the world.

Brothers and sisters, the amount of benefit that comes from building just one water well is enormous. A well can provide clean water, which not only saves time but also improves health. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah(ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased)."

One well can provides upwards of 10,000 litres of clean water per day! Enough for at least 300 people. If you have a share in just one well, each day someone drinks for that well you will be gathering huge amounts of deeds InshAllah. Having access to clean water cuts the child death rate by half SubhanAllah.

We have decided to use LaunchGood because it is run by Muslims, and we wanted to enable and help grow Muslim businesses, especially in the West. The cost of building a solar powered well is approximately $5000, of which the campaign is aiming for. If we don't reach the goal, we will either put in the rest of funds ourselves, or install several hand pump water wells (cost about $500 to install).

InshAllah you can find the campaign here, and remember brothers and sister even $1 will go a long way if it's given with the right intentions.

launchgood.com/project/build_a_water_well

We our starting off with a village in Pakistan, but Alhamdulillah we are in the process of selecting locations in other Muslim countries such as Egypt, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Mali and more and will do future projects there.

Our goal is to see how much money we can raise by the end of Ramadan, but will continue the campaign if need be.

Please do contact us if you have any questions.

Jazāk Allāhu Khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
waleed.wa03
07-05-2016, 01:51 PM
UPDATE: The campaign page was down for a few days, but Alhamdulillah we have it up and running now. The contributions have started to come in with the grace of God. Donate with your heart brothers and sisters and we'll be able to provide water to thirsty Muslims as soon as possible.

waleed.wa03
07-08-2016, 01:20 PM
We have added some new rewards based on the contribution. Please do check it out!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.