/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Moroccan Powder for Rammadan

Matias
06-30-2016, 06:07 AM
I used to work with thus woman from Morocco and when I told her I had trouble with hunger while fasting, she gave me this strange brown powder that was dense and smelled like gingerbread. She said it is very popular in Morocco during Ramadan and I didn't get the name of it so if anyone has an idea what it is, please let me know. Thank you so much.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Matias
06-30-2016, 06:07 AM
This woman*

*charisma*
06-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi Matias,

Welcome to the forum. Are you Muslim??

format_quote Originally Posted by Matias
I used to work with thus woman from Morocco and when I told her I had trouble with hunger while fasting, she gave me this strange brown powder that was dense and smelled like gingerbread. She said it is very popular in Morocco during Ramadan and I didn't get the name of it so if anyone has an idea what it is, please let me know. Thank you so much.
I think I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same dessert in Morocco. I think it's called sellou, and it's basically made out of different types of grains, sugar, and spices pulsed together. Sometimes they add water to it to make it more dense/compact for presentation or other desserts. The first time I had it, it tasted both savory and sweet :D and it was odd eating it as is. I felt it should have been sprinkled on something lol.

noraina
06-30-2016, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Hi Matias,

Welcome to the forum. Are you Muslim??

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same dessert in Morocco. I think it's called sellou, and it's basically made out of different types of grains, sugar, and spices pulsed together. Sometimes they add water to it to make it more dense/compact for presentation or other desserts. The first time I had it, it tasted both savory and sweet :D and it was odd eating it as is. I felt it should have been sprinkled on something lol.

I've eaten that, it was so......strange but not in a horrible way, lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
06-30-2016, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I've eaten that, it was so......strange but not in a horrible way, lol.
Yes exactly how I felt loool. It was confusing. I liked it and didn't like it at the same time ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.