/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-salamu Alaikum

Abu_Hurairah
07-02-2016, 05:21 AM
As-salamu Alaikum, I go by Abu Huraira. I took my shahada in 2014 and I'm trying to get my life on track in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah. Due to a less than desirable personal issue I have an intermediary who is running the forum for me for our email exchanges, so I'll only likely get a post or two at most in a day. I'm also looking for some good brothers to email with. A bit of a warning, I'm socially awkward, but I'm honestly not very used to being very open with people. Over the past 2 years I've been learning to change that, but it' slow going.. In anycase, I just want to get to know some muslims, and have some conversations about the religion from creed to fiqh, from fiqh to Hadith, and even the Quran and the attributes of Allah. It's going to be nice to meet as many people as possible. Oh, I'm also married, and my wife will hopefully follow my lead in joining the forum, she became Muslim after me. She'll be looking for some good sisters to talk with! As-salamu Alaikum!"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Good that you are trying. And even better that your wife will also join. Alhamdulillah that you have already found her.

Wishing you a great stay and may it be really soon that you will be able to be here without intermediary..

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

sister herb
07-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum. Hopely you will find this beneficial to you.

But one thing; you inform you are a brother but you have chosen you gender as female? That will cause some problems in here. Here is section for Ladies and for Gentlemen. Now you can enter to the Ladies section bot not to the Gentlemen one (brothers only talk). Also, members might not know they are talking with male and think you are female.

^o)

greenhill
07-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Well spotted sister herb.. I guess then it was the intermediary's mistake?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'abd al-hakeem
07-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Will certainly make potential email correspondence a bit difficult considering the forum rules, no?

Abu_Hurairah
07-03-2016, 07:30 AM
It was a mistake that has now been fixed. Many thanks for your concern.

Abu_Hurairah
07-03-2016, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Challenged
Will certainly make potential email correspondence a bit difficult considering the forum rules, no?
What are the forum rules that would make correspondence difficult?

Abu_Hurairah
07-03-2016, 07:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Well spotted sister herb.. I guess then it was the intermediary's mistake?

Yes, unfortunately it was the mistake of the intermediary. A better effort will be made so that mistakes do not happen again. My apologies.

Also, may I ask what "Sister herb" means?

greenhill
07-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Best if she answers. . .

sister herb
07-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Sister herb: Well, it means I am a sister who grows herbs in my herb garden.

Here we go:

'abd al-hakeem
07-03-2016, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu_Hurairah
What are the forum rules that would make correspondence difficult?
That the sharing of personal contact information, via PM, between male and female members is prohibited

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post2914515

sister herb
07-03-2016, 02:07 PM
But he told he is looking for other brothers to contact, not sisters (as he too is a brother). I donĀ“t know if changing email addresses with same gender is prohibited too.

Umm Abed
07-04-2016, 09:17 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum, nice name:)

Snow
07-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Is that going on?

Abu_Hurairah
07-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Exchanging of emails for any brother who would like to, will be speaking directly to me and not the intermediary. The intermediary would give the instructions on how to email me and from there that is it. Also, the intermediary does not make any posts without my direct words. I tell them what to post and they tell me the replies and so on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.