/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Purification and Protection: Defense Against the Darkness

'abd al-hakeem
07-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Bismillah, walhamdulillah, wa salaatu wa salaam ala Rasulillah;

Salaamu aleykum

I'm in a bind; I moved back, for personal reasons, to an un-islamic home shortly before Ramadan.

Masha'allah I have found some quality posts, deeper in the forum, on combating waswaas (How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship) But I want to look at the peripheral reasons, and proclivities of waswaas within the confines of a home that is not mine.
i.e.

- Presence of statues, ornaments, trinkets of any form of i) animal ii) other creation of Allah (malaika/angel)
- Combination bathroom/toilets. No washrooms without toilet.
- General tidyness and propensity for laziness in cleaning

Also - any advice for evil eye or jinn issues?

Jazakallahu khair, wabaraakallahu feekum
akhi Challenged

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'abd al-hakeem
07-02-2016, 06:10 PM

noraina
07-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I think no-one has replied because we don't have enough knowledge to advise you. The scholars of course cannot be online all the time, once they are I'm sure they will answer inshaAllah, or someone who does have the knowledge will.

Perhaps you could just keep your own room free of anything questionable if you can't 'clean' the whole house?

May Allah swt turn every hardship you may face into ease and reward you for your commitment to the deen. Ameen.

muslimah_B
07-02-2016, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Challenged
Bismillah, walhamdulillah, wa salaatu wa salaam ala Rasulillah;

Salaamu aleykum brothers and sisters, and warm greetings to other my brothers and sister in humanity.

I'm in a bind; I moved back, for personal reasons, to a rather un-islamic home shortly before Ramadan. In fact, it's rather polytheistic. This being said, I'm the only Muslim in the house, which does not belong to me [talk about epic challenge].

I'm hoping for clarification on what can be done to combat the waswaas, purity and shirk issues that are likely to be faced. Not only for me but other revert Muslims who might be in similar situations.

Masha'allah I have found some quality posts, deeper in the forum, on combating waswaas (How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship) But I want to look at the peripheral reasons, and proclivities of waswaas within the confines of a home that is not mine, and what I can reasonably expect to do without being guilty of shirk...

i.e.

- Presence of statues, ornaments, trinkets of any form of i) animal ii) other creation of Allah (malaika/angel)
- Combination bathroom/toilets. No washrooms without toilet.
- General tidyness and propensity for laziness in cleaning (clearly vigilance is the key but still...)

It's my family home and, despite having destroyed a number of the above ornaments and trinkets in a (:facepalm:) bit of a noob-rage, have found that the resulting sin caused by oppressing my family could be equally bad, if not worse. Truth be told, I would "cleanse" [rather delicate choice of word, honestly] the house from top to bottom within a week but have found limitations that have prevented, reduced, delayed and almost stopped any form of cleaning progress. Some of this has eventuated from family member that I'm living with. (does catering to their sensitivities amount to shirk? How to proceed Islamically given ownership is not mine?)

The truth is that Allah subhano wa Ta'ala is always a witness but given that I have been struggling, under my own fault or otherwise; without committing further shirk by asking my brothers and sisters, I want to find out what can be reasonably done in this situation to account for, solve, neutralise, limit (etc ad nauseum) the challenges faced by being in a situation and, indeed, an environment of this nature.

Also - apologies for really packing value into this post - can you please advise what is to be commonly accepted, Islamically, regarding the potential for, and relevance of, possession/exorcism and their diagnoses/solutions?

I suspect many of these answers already exist in my head but given my propensity be wrong, on many counts, I would appreciate clarification.

Jazakallahu khair, wabaraakallahu feekum
akhi Challenged
Walaykum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatahu

Im in the same situation just different circumstances less shirk more haram, though these harams had a majour impact on my emaan and i thus ended up nearly falling off deen again Astagfirllah, so i myself find myself torn between two different places to stay each of them with their high stakes of being surround by haram & shirk & harm.

I have to share a room (parents), as when i got kicked out i ended up moving from place to place then ended up in a hostel (homeless shelter- honestly disgusting place) and with so many other circumstances led to me loosing my faith, then Allah bringing me someone who helped me gain my faith back, which then led me to then talk to my parents (after 2 years of not speaking) who one of which is very ill.
Now im back & forth between hostel and parents house both have their very bad downsides and well the upside would be my parents house is clean & not surrounded by 100s of "silly people" & recently found out that the hostel is going to be demolished to build a renovated version, so unless my nikkah hurries up and happens i will be stuck at my parents house that is still full of problems.

The best thing i can suggest is if you have your own room i.e bedroom, make that as halal as possible i.e no pictures, Quran played every 3days (surah Baqara), kept clean, if that is not a option as you like me, are sharing a room then do the best you can with what you have i.e slowly move out pictures or when you go to pray face the pictures down if your not able to remove them,
have a area that is for praying where you can keep it as clean as possible.

For the bathroom there is not really anything you can do, so when doing wudu or ghusl dont mention Allahs name out loud, do it in your heart or head as a form of reminding yourself instead of saying it out loud.

Honestly with your family, if they are forcing you to partake in their actions of worshipping other than Allah, then it is upon you to deny any advancements of this & to explain your stance with Islam in the most polite and kindest way possible, these are still your family and should be respected if they are your parents then even more respect & kindness should be shown towards them (yes ofcouse easier said harder done, but this is what ks commanded of us) (maybe they dont understand or are in the kindest way ignorant and by the grace of Allah you are what can turn their heart towards Islam so, show them what islam is and what it means to be a muslim with your actions & kindness towards them)

Ofcourse best case scenario for all of us would be to have our own houses, but it wont be the case for over half of us due to rising costs of living & expenses.

Id honestly tell you from my experience that no matter how "dirty" you feel the place is (trust me any place that doesn't feel islamic will feel dirty) just find a clean area and pray, dont do what I done and let go of your prayer it will destroy you and everything will feel like its 1000 times worse than what it really is, when i started to pray again & make dua & go back to my classes my heart started to feel at ease, i began to feel happy that even though i didnt like where i was, i had somewehere, i had a small place to pray & make dua, i became so gratefull for the small things that i overlooked & my problems although still there became less "big"

(Ofcourse im no scholar just a student so these are all things i done to make it better for me personally)

As for the possession & exorcism & jinn stuff, i will reply after im just eating sorry :)

Keep your head up brother im sure your doing better than you think in sha Allah,
Keep making dua to Allah & keep your prayers up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah_B
07-02-2016, 07:18 PM
I cant actually find all the websites i had on possession & jinns my phone broke and i lost alot of my saved websites
So forgive me as il be adding them slowly as i find them, i also had some books which i have to find (i will keep editing this post to add them)

Starting with these :-

https://islamqa.info/en/125543

https://shaikhsohail.wordpress.com/2...session-magic/

http://ruqyatreatment.com/symptoms/

http://www.central-mosque.com/index....on-a-cure.html

http://www.islamreligion.com/article...world-of-jinn/

https://islamqa.info/en/1819

As for the cure it would be rukiya by somebody Qualified in that area as specific ayats of the Quran are recited over the person afflicted,
Also there is a difference between being afflicted with evil eye & jinn possession so depending on the actual symptoms determines which the person is suffering from & how to deal with it.

'abd al-hakeem
07-03-2016, 05:32 AM
@muslimah_B Jazakallahu khair for sharing this - I wish I could appropriately convey what it means to me.

muslimah_B
07-03-2016, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Challenged
@muslimah_B Jazakallahu khair for sharing this - I wish I could appropriately convey what it means to me.
BarakAllahu feek

Your welcome brother

There are also lots of self- rukiya videos on YouTube that you could listen to on repeat il post once i find them in sha Allah,

There is one thing you can do to check for jinn possession, you lay down or sit up in a comfortable position & someone would recite the adhan over you & most of the time the jinn would put you to sleep, if you have no-one to recite over you then use headfones that go right into your ear & you cant hear anything else & play the adhan if your still awake at the end then in sha Allah your fine, it would also put you to sleep on hearing Quran & you would have difficulty saying your shahada ( these are just what i remember from someone who attended a course on rukiya)

muslimah_B
07-03-2016, 11:18 AM
http://www.quranichealing.net/chp5_p.php?id=67

Serinity
07-03-2016, 11:48 AM
:salam:

I've come to realise this:

knowledge is light, ignorance is darkness. Knowledge without understanding is blindness.

May Allah :swt: forgive me if I erred. Ameen.

Remember: nothing is like Allah, and seek Allah :swt: by doing dhikr and seek Islamic Knowledge and have a teacher to support you, In shaa' Allah.

T L
07-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Salaam Challenged Akhi

It's unfortunate to hear that you are affected by your recent situation. We are afflicted by many unpredictable things throughout our life but God has blessed us with Islam as an anchor to rise above our challenges and find comfort in all our trials. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alamin!

Let me first say that you can only control what you can akhi.

In your current situation you will have to accept it for what it is and work on what is within your control. There is absolutely no use in worrying about things that you cannot physically help. I understand it's extremely easy to fall into that line of thought but it's just as easy to throw it all behind over your shoulders, say Allahu Akbar! and leave it up to Him.

Please provide your heart with some ease by reciting this daily

“Hasbunallahu wa ni`mal Wakil’: حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).”
آل عمران‎ : Surah Al ‘Imran (3:173)

and

Hasbi-allahu la ilaha illa Huwa 'alaihi tawakkaltu
wa Huwa Rab-bal 'arshil 'atheem

حَسْبِ اللهُ لا إله إلا هو، عليه توكلت
و هو ربَ العرش العظيم.

Allah is sufficient for me. There is no God but He.
I have placed my trust in Him, He is Lord of the Majestic Throne

Whoever says this 7 times in the morning, and 7 times in the evening, Allah will take care of whatever worries him/her of the matter of this world and the hereafter.

(Narrated Abu Dawood)
[Reported by Sahih Muslim]

Again akhi let me advise you on something which has helped me alot. The more you worry about it and give it thought, the more it will overpower you. Those thoughts of helplessness only lead back to the same pit which you do not want to be in, courtesy of Satan.

Rise above it and feel confident in what you can do, and believe that what you do will be sufficient enough for you, by God's Will of course.
AND don't underestimate the Power of God and the love He has for His Servants.

You really think He's not going to protect you because you're unable to meet a prescribed standard of living, because it is totally out of your control despite how hard you try? He is the Most Merciful! He knows what is within your heart!

Do not underestimate the power of intention. Subhan'Allah.

If you feel you're affected by sihr, jinn or magic, then please watch the following video. It is extremely beneficial, and from my experience it has been very effective. Alhamdulillah.

I really hope this post has helped you in some way akhi.
Be easy on yourself. May He protect you from all harm, Ameen.

~LV

muslimah_B
07-05-2016, 01:33 AM
https://youtu.be/5pyZkY93B2A

muslimah_B
07-05-2016, 02:02 AM
https://youtu.be/APj0fOzNxFU

'abd al-hakeem
07-14-2016, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:
I've come to realise this:
knowledge is light, ignorance is darkness. Knowledge without understanding is blindness.
May Allah :swt: forgive me if I erred. Ameen.
Remember: nothing is like Allah, and seek Allah :swt: by doing dhikr and seek Islamic Knowledge and have a teacher to support you, In shaa' Allah.
Bismillah;
Salaamu aleykum

Thank you for sharing. Your reminder is quite poignant. Jazakallahu khair

Ya Allah, surely you are ar-Rachid al-Hakim, please grant me a teacher from your servants with taqwa, that I might learn more of your deen al-Islam. Please grant me humility that I might learn. Amin ya Rabb.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.