/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims vs Christians : Forefrontery in Worldly Affairs

Abu General
07-03-2016, 01:00 PM
I was just skimming through some articles and fatwas online and I came across this important quote:

'The Muslims are not like anyone else. When they adhere to their religion, they are at the forefront in worldly affairs too, but when they forsake their religion and neglect it, they end up tailing behind others.

When the Christians adhered to their deviant religion, they were backward in worldly affairs, but when they burned their churches, killed their monks and separated church from state, they advanced in worldly affairs and in science.

The Muslims’ religion motivates them to advance, and they fall behind when they fall away from their religion. The Christians became backward when they adhered to their deviant religion, because a religion that has been distorted by people cannot lead to advancement. They advanced when they left their religion behind. Which method calls for development of this world and strives to make scientific progress and help people in this world and in the Hereafter? https://islamqa.info/en/69747

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
popsthebuilder
07-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Respectfully; this sounds like conjecture and assumption. Are both not stemmed from the faith of Abraham. Why must one be against the other? Why must we divide out of pride and fear?

Does our GOD tell us to have pride or fear in man?

Humbly, peace

LaSorcia
07-03-2016, 01:47 PM
I pray that all the children of Abraham can get along and not criticize each other. There is so much evil in the rest of the world, let's join together.

Abu General
07-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Everybody calm down and discuss the topic at hand. It's more of increasing awareness of the current ground realities rather than pitting the religions against each other.

1.We are discussing two of the largest population groups of mankind who identify themselves as distinct and on the side of right.

2. The greatest conflicts in recent decades has been between the Christian West and Islam and I want to look at the deep underlying issues fueling it.

3. The Christian West today seems to ahead of Muslims in the political, tech,scientific and social scenes. So obviously, as a Muslim, i'd be interested in the reason behind the successes and failure of both communtities in the current world stage.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu General
07-03-2016, 02:16 PM
And the quote was not mine . It was from an outside link. It could've been worded more diplomatically. But I didn't want to risk copyright issues stealing someone else's quote and modifying it. Hence I left it as it is.

I hope , you kind of now understand the underlying subject I wish to pursue here, regardless of the tone of the quote.

popsthebuilder
07-03-2016, 02:51 PM
The underlying issues seem to be greed, pride, fear, and hypocrisy.

I don't personally see how science or politics has much to do with it.

Politics are so very corrupt in general, it could be seen as a good thing to keep it seperate from Faith in some places.

Peace

anatolian
07-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Salam to all.

The second half of the article is totally true. Muslim nations lived the most advanced period during the middle and early new ages where christian europe was living it's dark age. It was because they were following Islam. All those muslim nations had so much ignorance before they converted to Islam. This mostly applies to Arabs and Turks. Persians had some civilization before Islam though. But after we started to remove Islam from our life we ended up this third world position.

However, the first statement is questionable for sure. Europeans had some advancement after converting to Christianity though. But they had more advancement after removing Christianity from their life...this is also interesting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.