/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this a form of Shirk ?

anonymous
07-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Today was my first day at work and I was very excited and I thanked my manager for giving me an opportunity to serve the organisation.

Here , thanking implies being grateful. So does being grateful to manager equals associating partners with Allah, because it is Allah who gives rizq and not the manager.

I need only quranic or authentic hadith references to confirm whether this is shirk or not ?

THIS IS VERY SERIOUS QUESTION AS SHIRK IS MOST MAJOR SIN AND I NEED AN ANSWERS FROM DIVINE SOURCES AND NOT SOME RANDOM TROLL'S OPINION

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-03-2016, 05:28 PM
:salam:

"Ungrateful to Allah, who is not grateful to human"
(HR: Abu Daud)

Every rizq (sustenance) comes from Allah. But Allah always give it through someone or some people. In example, if you are job seeker, you get job through a company. If you are trader, you get money through buyers. That's why when you get rizq you must thank someone who convey this rizq to you as gratefulness to Allah, like referred in the hadith above.

So, thanking someone who do kindness to you is not shirk, but obligated.

greenhill
07-03-2016, 05:31 PM
That is an honest question. Specific too. Seeing as you did put preconditions, (I am not a random troll but neither do I have divine sources at hand) so I will refrain from saying anything on the subject, but something else picked my interest.. why the need to go anonymous for this?

By the way, congratulations on your new job. May it be fulfilling..

:peace:

anonymous
07-03-2016, 05:51 PM
"Ungrateful to Allah, who is not grateful to human"
(HR: Abu Daud)
Googling it does not give me any results .Where did you get that from ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-03-2016, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Of course you could not find when googling in English because all sources that I used are in Indonesian language. That hadith is HR Abu Dawud no 4811 and HR Tirmidzi no 1954.

Alpha Dude
07-03-2016, 11:32 PM
THIS IS VERY SERIOUS QUESTION AS SHIRK IS MOST MAJOR SIN AND I NEED AN ANSWERS FROM DIVINE SOURCES AND NOT SOME RANDOM TROLL'S OPINION
Adab is a serious matter in Islam too. If you ask a question, don't make a foolish statement calling sincere providers of advice as being trolls. It's rude.

Scimitar
07-04-2016, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
"Those who do not thank people, they do not thank Allah." (Al-Tirmidhi 1878).

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: He who does not thank Allah does not thank people. (Abu Dawud Book 36, Number 4793)

The hadeeth was classified as authentic by Imams Tirmidhi and ibn Hibbaan.

Whoever does not give thanks to the people does not give thanks to Allaah (a saheeh hadeeth narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 2/258).

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. (Islam-QA.com - nr. 1476)

Ps; it's also found in Saheeh al-Jaamie'.

Saheeh: Related by Abu Daawud (no. 4177) and Tirmidhi (no. 1877). It was declared authentic by Imaam al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 417):

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.