/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Five Types Of Darkness.

Abu Fauzi
07-03-2016, 08:35 PM
"Darkness is of 5 types and its lamps are 5- Love of the Dunya is a darkness and its lamp is God-Consciousness;
Sins are a darkness and their lamp is repentance; the grave is a darkness and its lamp is "La Ilaha illallah, Muhammadur-Rasullullah';
the Hereafter is a darkness and its lamp is Righteous actions; and the Path is a darkness and its lamp is Certitude." - Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, may Allah be pleased with him.

"There are 4 gems in the body of the son of Adam that are removed by 4 things: as for gems they are Intellect, Religion,
Shame and Good deeds. Anger removes the intellect, envy removes religion, desire removes shame and backbiting
removes good deeds."- Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam.

Culled from: "PREPARING FOR THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT", by
Imam Ibn Hajjar al-Asqalani.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LaSorcia
07-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Can you translate this for me please: "La Ilaha illallah, Muhammadur-Rasullullah"?

greenhill
07-03-2016, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
Can you translate this for me please: "La Ilaha illallah, Muhammadur-Rasullullah"?
Means "there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger".

:peace:

LaSorcia
07-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Thankee:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
07-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Impressive text but I don´t quite understand all of it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Fauzi
"the Hereafter is a darkness and its lamp is Righteous actions; and the Path is a darkness and its lamp is Certitude."
How "Hereafter" can be a darkness (doesn´t it mean same as Jannah or in general as "life after death"?)? Also, what in this text "Path" means as it´s been labeled as darkness? Has it some special meaning?

Arfa
07-07-2016, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Impressive text but I don´t quite understand all of it.

How "Hereafter" can be a darkness (doesn´t it mean same as Jannah or in general as "life after death"?)? Also, what in this text "Path" means as it´s been labeled as darkness? Has it some special meaning?

Hereafter can be referred to as darkness mainly because it's permanent and inescapable.Only way through to Jannah is our good deeds and actions.The heavier are our good deeds on the scale,the better position we shall be in getting our ticket to Jannah.Therefore,Hereafter depends upon the measures of good deeds,I think this is what is being implied here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.