/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suicide bombers attack sites in Saudi Arabia including mosque in Medina

سيف الله
07-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Salaam

Shocking news imsad

Attackers kill four at Medina mosque housing Muhammad’s tomb and also strike outside the US consulate in Jeddah and in Shia-majority Qatif

Suicide bombers killed four Saudi security forces on Monday in an attack outside the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina, one of the two holiest sites in Islam, in an escalation not seen for decades.

The bombings, which hit a car park near the sprawling mosque complex, were the latest in a run of attacks in the kingdom on Monday. They took place a day before the Eid al-Fitr festival marking the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

In the early hours of the day, Saudi officers foiled an attempted bombing near the US consulate in Jeddah, while a suicide bomber struck a mosque in the Shia-majority province of Qatif shortly before sunset.

Images circulated online showed smoke near the mosque, while a video showed two police officers lying near a car park with flames billowing nearby. Five people were wounded.

Every year millions of Muslim pilgrims from around the world visit the mosque, which was founded by Muhammad in the 7th century and contains his tomb as well as those of the first two caliphs, Abu Bakr and Omar. The adjacent grounds of al-Baqi’ contain the remains of many of the prophet’s companions, who were buried in Medina. The mosque complex is second only to the Grand Mosque in Mecca in its reverence by Sunnis and Shias.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, but the bombings in Qatif and Jeddah were consistent with the modus operandi of Islamic State (Isis) in its targeting of Shia Muslims and US representatives, as well as Saudi interests.

Saudi authorities said on Tuesday a Pakistani man who came to the kingdom 12 years ago to work as a driver had carried out the Medina attack. An interior ministry statement identified the man as Abdullah Qalzar Khan, 34, from the Red Sea port city of Jeddah.

Isis’s leaders had urged its followers to carry out attacks during Ramadan. During the last ten days of the holy month, Muslims flock to Mecca and Medina for the minor pilgrimage (umrah).

Altayeb Osama, a 25-year old Sudanese visitor to Medina and resident of Abu Dhabi, said he heard two large booms about a minute apart as he was heading toward the mosque for sunset prayers. “It was very shocking that such a thing happens in such a holy place for Muslims, the second holiest place in the world. That’s not an act that represents Islam.”

Local media say the attacker was intending to strike the mosque when it was crowded with thousands of worshippers gathered for the sunset prayer.

Over the past week, Isis has claimed responsibility for significant attacks in Baghdad, Istanbul and Dhaka, apparently looking beyond its strongholds in northern Iraq and Syria following repeated defeats on the battlefield. The group has urged attacks against the Saudi government on many occasions.

But the attack near one of the holiest sites in Islam is a major escalation in its campaign.

Iran on Tuesday condemned three suicide bombings that rocked its regional rival. “There are no more red lines left for terrorists to cross. Sunnis, Shias will both remain victims unless we stand united as one,” its foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, said on Twitter.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/04/saudi-arabia-bombings-jeddah-medina-prophets-mosque-qatif

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
07-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon

It was unbelievable...Turkey, Iraq and now Saudi Arabia? :(

I just can't understand the twisted mentality of people behind things like this.

keiv
07-05-2016, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon

Altayeb Osama, a 25-year old Sudanese visitor to Medina and resident of Abu Dhabi, said he heard two large booms about a minute apart as he was heading toward the mosque for sunset prayers. “It was very shocking that such a thing happens in such a holy place for Muslims, the second holiest place in the world. That’s not an act that represents Islam.”
You don't say!? Honestly, is it necessary to point that out everytime there is some kind of attack? Muslims are almost always the victims in these stories whether directly or indirectly. There comes a point where we need to stop referring the israeli secret intelligence service, erm.. I mean, the "Islamic State" as Muslims altogether. How can people insist they are Muslim when they've killed every kind of Muslim out there?

Ineed Umar
07-05-2016, 03:41 PM
My God the shame has died in this world. Daesh or whoever the attacker was, did not realise the fact that in Ramadan and near eid holidays a killing spree was made.
But not only
On Al jazeera I have read so many arguments.like of factions against each other.
"Wahabbis made terrorism"
"Shia heretics!"
"They deserved it!"
"Eid: Explosive Islamic destruction!" (Trigger Warning)
"I hope mecca is next!"
"Hindu filthy!"

I'm such situations we shall cooperate not fight and argue like dumb people. I a apologise from my heart for ruining your day but this must be dealt with! We show syphathy when there is an attack on Non Muslims but for us, we deserve it? Okay maybe certain minority does it but for non Muslims no one has sympathy.

To defeat this bigoted group of murderers we must stand together and Fight to prove them wrong not create more extremists by aggravating current Muslims.

As I said you cannot expect to provoke a bull and not get bashed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
07-05-2016, 05:22 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

There's also a thread that was created on this topic yesterday that some of you might be interested in reading: http://www.islamicboard.com/haramain...ml#post2915127.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Bhabha
07-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I heard from people IN MEDINA that it was a gas cylinder that exploded -___-;

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.