/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Repenting and repeating.. need advice :(

elya
07-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Hi,
I need advice. I am a muslim but I sin in many ways, as we all know it is not good to tell people how you sin.. as this is a private matter. All i want to say is i do not sin in a sexual manner. It is very difficult to ask for advice when i cannot explain myself properly, regardless sinning is sinning, right? Since the age of 9-10 i remember having a rather active conscious, more so than those my age. I would feel guilt and worry for petty things, that most kids will probably not dwell on.. constantly re-evaluating the situation and trying to make things better. Asking Allah for his forgiveness very frequently. This can be seen as a blessing, but the older one gets the worse the sins, and its no longer petty things. I don't know what to do, i sin and repent.. sin and repent.. it has been an ugly cycle my whole life. I have periods where my faith is so strong then my faith weakens so rapidly. I wish i could be like those people that have a big realisation, and alhamdulillah they change for the better.. permanently! Sometimes i wonder why Allah keeps reminding me that he exists even while im 'acting against islam'. I love Allah, but i dont often show it through prayer ect.. so technically in Islam i don't love Allah.. so why does he still help me? This may sound like i'm being ungrateful but i'm just confused because i see so many of my friends/ acquaintances whose hearts have hardened so much they do not display any remorse or guilt (in private they may).. so while i take part in the same forbidden acts.. why does Allah still remain in my conscious. I feel guilty, like i do not deserve it and Allah should abandon me. Sorry to drag this out, and thank you for reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
07-07-2016, 09:56 AM
and alhamdulillah they change for the better.. permanently!
That's an illusion. Nobody is 100% perfect and everybody will sin, in one way or another. Allah has made us this way. We'd be angels if we didn't sin.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.” [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]

Umm Malik
07-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Sister all of us has sin but the best thing is to do our best to worship Allah as he comande us and try to avoid what he forbid us
In the beginning of letting a sin it will be hard .. but after a time it will be very easy and you will see how Allah want good for us by his low
I told you my experience of repentance .. I was like this .. repent and return .. but with every repentance I promise my self to be good for the sake of Allah ... i cried I ask him a lot I complain to him my weakness and my intention to obey him and subhanallah he help me and I get more better and I now I know why Allah tell us do and not to do this ... just for ourselves

( 26 ) Allah wants to make clear to you [the lawful from the unlawful] and guide you to the [good] practices of those before you and to accept your repentance. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.
( 27 ) Allah wants to accept your repentance, but those who follow [their] passions want you to digress [into] a great deviation.
( 28 ) And Allah wants to lighten for you [your difficulties]; and mankind was created weak.

Look at this hadith

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth."'
[At-Tirmidhi].

And Allah tells us : ( 53 ) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." 39:53

Say a lot of istighfar when you do a sin and try to flow every sin with good deed ,Indeed, good deeds do away with misdeeds. That is a reminder for those who remember.

And remember in our life we are in a test .. and Allah ask us to do our best to do what he comande us to do and this is what make us doing for jannah

( 1 ) Alif, Lam, Meem
( 2 ) Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?
( 3 ) But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.
Surah alankabut

Allah is merciful sister
( 54 ) And when those come to you who believe in Our verses, say, "Peace be upon you. Your Lord has decreed upon Himself mercy: that any of you who does wrong out of ignorance and then repents after that and corrects himself - indeed, He is Forgiving and Merciful." 6:54

( 17 ) The repentance accepted by Allah is only for those who do wrong in ignorance [or carelessness] and then repent soon after. It is those to whom Allah will turn in forgiveness, and Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.
The most important thing is to repent directly and soon after the sin and Allah I'd forgiving subhanah

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle salallahu alaihi wasallam said, “Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: “Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?”
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 21 Hadith 246

Narrated Shaddad bin Aus: The Prophet salallahu alahi wasallam said “The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is:

للَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَمَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

‘Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana ‘ala ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’tu, A’udhu bika min Sharri ma sana’tu, abu’u Laka bini’matika ‘alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli fainnahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta.”

(O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

The Prophet added. “If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.”
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 75 Hadith 318

Let us take time every day to reflect on ourselves and seek Allah’s forgiveness with utmost sincerity and earnestly. May Allah help us stay on the right path, forgive us and help us repent when we falter.
Ameen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fpZtEJb8nY

talibilm
07-08-2016, 01:49 AM
:sl:

Even if you sin and repent sincerely and sin again (out of control ) again repent and you keep doing it all your life still you should never loose the hope of the mercy of Allah. LOOSING HOPE ON THE MERCY OF ALLAH IS THE TRAIT OF A MUSHRIK (noble Quran) But you must know every time you sinned you wronged Nobody but yourselves and you are moving far away from Allah IF YOU REALLY LOVE YOUR CREATOR ,so try NOT to sin , try your best . This statement from the Greatest Scholar of the ummah

From Ibn 'Abbâs (radiyAllâhu 'anhumaa) who said that Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) said:"There is no believing servant except that he has a sin which he commits from time to time, or a sin in which he persists in and does not abandon until he leaves this world. Indeed the Believer was created as one who is frequently tried and tested, who often repents (then) forgets. When he is admonished he accepts the admonition."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
drac16
07-08-2016, 02:21 AM
You have to be convinced that sin is wrong. You have to want to be set free before the Lord will set you free. Keep fighting and keep repenting. Our life is a battle with sin; if you don't fight it, you'll go to Hell. People who live lives of sin don't make it to Paradise. You're not hopeless, though. When you repent, you commit a good deed, so the more you repent, the more good deeds you'll do.

That doesn't mean we should continue on in sin and say "I'll repent later". No, we have been commanded to obey Allah azza wa jal. His desire to forgive is greater than your desire to sin; never forget that. Even on your worst day, you have an opportunity to turn from it and perform a good deed in doing so.

talibilm
07-09-2016, 01:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
You have to be convinced that sin is wrong. You have to want to be set free before the Lord will set you free. Keep fighting and keep repenting. Our life is a battle with sin; if you don't fight it, you'll go to Hell. People who live lives of sin don't make it to Paradise. You're not hopeless, though. When you repent, you commit a good deed, so the more you repent, the more good deeds you'll do.

That doesn't mean we should continue on in sin and say "I'll repent later". No, we have been commanded to obey Allah azza wa jal. His desire to forgive is greater than your desire to sin; never forget that. Even on your worst day, you have an opportunity to turn from it and perform a good deed in doing so.
:sl:

Yes we have to agree with this because true believers will feel the PINCH if they had sinned and they will TRY to come out ASAP with a Sincere repentance or Taubatun Nasuha which normally Allah accepts necessitates that the sinner leaves his or hers sins first and vows not to do it again and regrets too much with tears on it through out their life .

Those who regret their past sins through out their life with tears may see their bad deeds changed into good deeds is what some of the Scholars say as seen in a verse of the Noble Quran.

greenhill
07-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Quite a few go through this.

It is a very tough road to travel, life. Know that Allah is Most Forgiving and Most Merciful. And we have to keep striving ahead for good. .

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.