/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anger Management

Bittersteel
07-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Lately, I have been violent due to loss of control out of anger. It is something that has bothered me for many years. On and off. I was wondering how it is viewed in Islam, the remedy to this, and can such sins be forgiven.

Regards

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
07-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Eat less meat bro :nervous:

The hormones in meat can drive a person to get angry very easily.

A veggie enhanced diet can work wonders for your state.

Scimi

AabiruSabeel
07-08-2016, 02:44 PM
:sl:

Please see http://www.sunnah.com/adab/57

Abu Hurayra :ra: reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The person who is strong is not strong because he can knock people down. The person who is strong is the one who controls himself when he is angry."

Ibn 'Umar :ra: said, "There is nothing that is swallowed greater with Allah in reward than a slave of Allah who swallows and contains his rancour out of desire for the pleasure of Allah."

Ibn 'Abbas :ra: said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ' Teach and make it easy. Teach and make it easy.' three times. He went on, 'When you are angry, be silent' twice."

Narrated Sulaiman bin Surad:

A man from the companions of the Prophet :saws: said, "Two men abused each other in front of the Prophet :saws: and one of them became angry and his anger became so intense that his face became swollen and changed. The Prophet :saws: said, "I know a word the saying of which will cause him to relax if he does say it." Then a man went to him and informed him of the statement of the Prophet :saws: and said, "Seek refuge with Allah from Satan." On that, angry man said, 'Do you find anything wrong with me? Am I insane? Go away!" [Bukhari]

Arfa
07-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Anger Management can be a serious issue if not controlled in the long run as it not only causes you harm healthwise but also others.Recite Durood e Ibrahimi.Drink water when ever you start getting angry.Be still and sit down if you are in a standing position.In other words change your posture from angry bird warrior posture to calm and sane person lol.In shaa Allah keep trying as control is within your power.

As pointed out above rightfully that The strong person is one who controls his anger.SubhanAllah may Allah guide all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
07-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Thank you all for your responses. It felt good to speak about this and getting some really good advice. :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.