/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Question

ALIve
07-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Salam Alaikum,

Sorry in advance for the arrogant question.

How come I wasn't chosen to be a Sahabah? It seems unfair that certain people automatically have a higher rank and more good deeds than me from the beginning. How can I even compete for a high rank in Jannah when my good deeds are also rewarded to them? I can ask the same for non-Muslims, they are pretty unlucky for being born non-Muslim and having a harder chance to get a good rank.

Thanks.

Also, I'm looking for answers with hadiths and quran to back it up, not theory or people criticizing my question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-08-2016, 11:15 PM
:wa:

You were not chosen because Allah :swt: knew you were unfit to be among the Sahabah. Do you think you would be able to bear the hardships and the responsibilities that they had to bear?

Do you think you'd be able to be firm on Imaan when you are dragged in the sun with bare back on hot sand in Arabian desert, and say Ahad Ahad?

Do you think you'd bear the pain of being regularly tortured, whipped, and a boulder placed on your chest while you are tied down in the sun on hot sand?

Do you think you'd bear the loss of getting all your life's earnings snatched away just for being able to migrate to another city?

Do you think you can manage to have your limbs cut off? Are you willing to lay down your life while having nothing to eat except for a single date for a whole day?

It is easier said than done. See where you stand now while fulfilling your Islamic obligations then talk about competing with others.

AabiruSabeel
07-08-2016, 11:47 PM
You don't really have to compete with them to get higher ranks. It says in a Hadith, that the later generation of the Ummah gets fifty times reward for being firm on the Deen during the times of tribulation.

Narrated Abu Umayah Ash-Sha'bani:
"I went to Abu Tha'balah Al-Khushani and said to him: 'How do you deal with this Ayah?' He said: 'Which Ayah?' I said: 'Allah's saying: Take care of yourselves! If you follow the guidance no harm shall come to you (5:105).' He said: 'Well, by Allah! I asked one well-informed about it, I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) about it. [So] he said: "Rather, comply with (and order) the good, and stay away from (and prohibit) the evil, until you see avarice obeyed, desires followed, and the world preferred, and everyone is amazed with his view. Then you should be worried about yourself in particular, and worry of the common folk. Ahead of you are the days in which patience is like holding onto an ember, for the doer (of righteous deeds) during them is the like of the reward of fifty of those who do the like of what you do." 'Abdullah bin Al-Mubarak said: "It was added for me, by other than 'Utbah, that it was said: 'O Messenger of Allah! The reward of fifty men among us, or them?' He said: 'No! Rather the reward of fifty men among you.'" [Tirmidhi]

Allah :swt: is not unjust. He rewards everyone appropriately for their efforts. Even the last man to enter Jannah gets 10 times the size of this whole world in Jannah. Everyone in Jannah will be completely satisfied with the rewards and bounties that would be given to them. Allah :swt: says :

[For them are] gardens of perpetual residence which they will enter. They will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls, and their garments therein will be silk.
And they will say, "Praise to Allah , who has removed from us [all] sorrow. Indeed, our Lord is Forgiving and Appreciative -
He who has settled us in the home of duration out of His bounty. There touches us not in it any fatigue, and there touches us not in it weariness [of mind]."
[Fatir: 33-35]

It comes in a Hadith:

Suhaib reported the Apostle (ﷺ) saying:

When those deserving of Paradise would enter Paradise, the Blessed and the Exalted :swt: would ask: Do you wish Me to give you anything more? They would say: Hast Thou not brightened our faces? Hast Thou not made us enter Paradise and saved us from Fire? He (the narrator) said: He (Allah :swt:) would lift the veil, and of things given to them nothing would he dearer to them than the sight of their Lord, the Mighty and the Glorious. [Muslim]

Aaqib
07-08-2016, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
:wa:

You were not chosen because Allah :swt: knew you were unfit to be among the Sahabah. Do you think you would be able to bear the hardships and the responsibilities that they had to bear?

Do you think you'd be able to be firm on Imaan when you are dragged in the sun with bare back on hot sand in Arabian desert, and say Ahad Ahad?

Do you think you'd bear the pain of being regularly tortured, whipped, and a boulder placed on your chest while you are tied down in the sun on hot sand?

Do you think you'd bear the loss of getting all your life's earnings snatched away just for being able to migrate to another city?

Do you think you can manage to have your limbs cut off? Are you willing to lay down your life while having nothing to eat except for a single date for a whole day?

It is easier said than done. See where you stand now while fulfilling your Islamic obligations then talk about competing with others.
I wouldn't be able to manage that. SubhanAllah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
07-09-2016, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ALIve
Read the Quran about arrogance.

ALIve
07-09-2016, 04:05 AM
@Ibn Adam

At least give me the opportunity to try! Their ranks are automatically better than any generation after them. The hadith you state about us getting 50 times the reward of a sahabah is great, but that reward is still given to the Sahabah, because every good thing we do goes to them, due to their hard work in bringing Islam up, see what I mean? It doesn't matter how much reward I am getting, since the Sahabah will grab it, plus their own good deeds. Also, how can you say we are unfit to be a Sahabah? Obviously, if I'm surrounded by people trying to bring the deen up, and there is an actual prophet living, then it will be easier than it is today. All of them struggled together, so of course it will be easy. The deen is supposed to be easy when you have a solid team of Muslims around you no doubt about it. The struggle is there, but if I'm surrounded by those people, it will be easy.

With regards to your 2nd hadith from Suhaib, I already understand that, but there is another hadith I remember reading stating many people in paradise will regret not having as immense trials as the people with higher ranks above them in paradise. They would wish they had the worse trials on Earth to get that ranking. I don't want to be those people who are regretting in paradise, looking up at those above. I already know everyone will get anything they want, but the people with the highest ranks will get the most and the best glory and honor from Allah. They are truly the lucky ones, and right now sitting here in 2016, there's basically no chance to compete, so I still feel unfairness here with regards to the ranking system. Even in 2016, people who can become scholars easily are automatically better than common people. I mean, if you're not given a good opportunity for that, then how can you compete with someone who is growing up in a Muslim country who is becoming a scholar? Right now, this ranking system is looking unfair, unless you can provide more evidence otherwise.

greenhill
07-09-2016, 04:24 AM
When you ask these questions it is never ending. Why is a destructive question if not curtailed.

It is a totally different situation back then.

But back to your statement about putting yourself in a better chance by being there during the times to make your decision.. but there is also a saying by the prophet about the ummah at the end of times, where they will be placed very high indeed, as we believe and strive to uphold our beliefs DESPITE never meeting rasulullah ... don't we wish to be amongst these people? This is a real possibility.. wishing on the past will never happen, perhaps only to despair.

:peace:

ALIve
07-09-2016, 05:05 AM
@greenhill

No why would you want to be among those, when being among the Sahabah is the best? Of course, I am not wishing about the past, I am asking how is it fair that the Sahabah automatically get the best chance for the highest ranks, and we don't? It's definitely not fair, no matter how hard we work, we will always be 2nd to them. There's no way to compete, see what I am saying?

greenhill
07-09-2016, 07:11 AM
It is very easy today to think things on hindsight..

Now we have established communities just a matter of deciding which teachings to follow.

Those days the believers had to go through serious trials.

I will relate a story about when Rasulullah was pelted by stones whilst being chased out and was battered and bruised... Jibrail asked if the prophet wished he would destroy that village and the Prophet declined.. that village only subsequently converted the next generation...

We could of those who pelted the prophet saw. ..

I will try to find that narration..

:peace:

Scimitar
07-09-2016, 08:16 AM

At least give me the opportunity to try!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
07-09-2016, 12:17 PM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

1) Allaah Ta`aalaa looked at the hearts of all of His Makhlooqaat (creation), and chose only the very best to be the Sahaabah (companions) of His most beloved Rasool صلى الله عليه وسلم.

2) Allaah Ta`aalaa knew you would never have been able to undergo the difficulties they had undergone. You might have ended up from among those who rejected Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, because when Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم came with the message of Islaam, the entire world was Kaafir. There was no Muslim on the face of the earth. A person accepting Islaam had to go against his parents, his wife and children, his friends, his society, his country, and the entire world at large. He had to become an outcast. A "stranger". Such a person would be boycotted by everyone and would undergo continuous hardships, trials, tribulations, torture, insults, and had to make Sabr over all of that. Thereafter, Allaah Ta`aalaa revealed the Aayaat of Jihaad, and Sahaabah-e-Kiraam had to fight in Jihaad, one battle after another, killing and being killed for the sake of Allaah. Giving up their loved ones, wealth, homes and even their lives to raise the Deen of Allaah Ta`aalaa and let the earth be ruled by the Sharee`ah of Islaam which Allaah Ta`aalaa has chosen. Allaah Ta`aalaa knew that you would not have been able to bear all of that.

Let me ask you a question: If you are arrested and thrown in jail for being Muslim, and get tortured - will you be able to bear it with Sabr? Will you be able to remain firm on your Deen, and the correct Manhaj (methodology) and `Aqeedah, regardless of the torture you are undergoing, the difficult prison conditions and being separated from all of your family and friends? If not, what makes you think you would have been able to bear the hardships the Sahaabah went through? My advice is that you study the lives of the Sahaabah. Read the Kitaab "Hayaat-us-Sahaabah" (The Lives of the Sahaabah) by Maulana Yusuf Kandhlawi. Read about the difficulties Sahaabah went through. They did not have some kind of glamorous, bed-of-roses lifestyle. Most of the time they did not even have food to eat for the day. How many days and nights have you gone hungry, in your life? A month would go by without a fire being lit in the house of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم. He - and the Sahaabah - would tie stones to their stomachs out of hunger. Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه would fall unconscious out of hunger at times, and people would think he suffers from epilepsy, but it was a result of hunger. Sahaabah fought in battle and some lost their eyes, some lost their limbs, some, their friends all became Shuhadaa (martyrs) in the battle and they were the only ones left. Sahaabah-e-Kiraam lived lives which none of the people today are able to bear. In these times, a person undergoes some small, minor hardship on account of their Deen and already their Imaan shakes and they want to become Kaafir. Wallaahul Musta`aan.

3) No one in these times can reach the Fadheelah (virtue) of any Sahaabi. They were the best of people after the Ambiyaa. However, we try our hardest to follow in their footsteps. Allaah Ta`aalaa has given Fadheelah (preference) to some people over others, to some Sahaabah over others, to some Ambiyaa over others. When Allaah Ta`aalaa had even given some Sahaabah - like Hadhrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه - Fadheelah over all of the other Sahaabah, what makes you think they should not have Fadheelah over you? In this Dunyaa, too, some people have been given more than others. Some people are naturally stronger than other people; some are naturally more intelligent; some are naturally (without Haraam plastic surgeries, etc) better looking than others; some are wealthier than others; some are healthy and others are sick. All of this is in the Hikmah (Divine Wisdom) of Allaah Ta`aalaa. What you are expecting is for someone to explain the Divine Wisdom of Allaah Ta`aalaa to you. Don't expect that. No human being can encompass any of the Wisdom of Allaah Ta`aalaa. Allaah Ta`aalaa created all of us, and knows what is best for us. You don't know what is best for you. You may think that you do, but you don't. It's like a child who, while young, thinks certain things is good for him and wants them, but his parents and guardians prevent him from it. Only when that child himself grows up does he realise the benefit and the wisdom of his parents preventing him from it. If children had it their way, they would play all day and never study. The parents force them to study, knowing that it is essential. Therefore, the people in this Dunyaa are like children; their minds are small and stupid. Just because they cannot fathom the Divine Wisdom does not mean that the Wisdom is not there. One day In Shaa Allaah - perhaps only in the Aakhirah - they will understand it (like how the child understands when he grows up).

والله تعالى أعلم

والسلام

M.I.A.
07-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Salam Alaikum,

How come I wasn't chosen to be a Sahabah? It seems unfair that certain people automatically have a higher rank and more good deeds than me from the beginning. How can I even compete for a high rank in Jannah when my good deeds are also rewarded to them? I can ask the same for non-Muslims, they are pretty unlucky for being born non-Muslim and having a harder chance to get a good rank.

Thanks.

Also, I'm looking for answers with hadiths and quran to back it up, not theory or people criticizing my question.
O_o

I'm friends with a homeless man.. or more likely he is friends with me.

:/

piXie
07-09-2016, 09:12 PM
It seems unfair that certain people automatically have a higher rank
No one "automatically" gets a higher rank. Are you ready to go through what they did?

At least give me the opportunity to try!
My brother, our life is our opportunity but if we are already questioning Allahs distribution and calling it unfair, then what can we say after that.

Serinity
07-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Strive for Allah :swt:

don't you want to be of those whom the Prophet Muhammad :saw: calls his :saw: brothers?!

Allah :swt: is fair so never question His wisdom. But you can ask to gain understanding.
Be the one to guide hearts to Islam (by the help of Allah :swt: - only Allah can guide )

i with my hands on my heart would on the surface want to be A sahabi BUT I know that is just my nafs speaking. If I COULD be a sahabi then Allah would have made me one. But Allah didn't. Why? Because in His Wisdom knew I could not handle it and deep down I know myself I could not. I want to, but I can't. This is not the words of one who gives up - don't think like that. Rather acknowledging what you CAN and what you CAN NOT do, only then can you succeed. Thereby you see reality.

with this acknowledgment, you help yourself by forging YOUR unique path TO ALLAH. Allah has a unique plan for you - please don't thorw it away - the opportunity to live in Eternity in Jannah with Allah.

May Allah guide us, protect us and forgive me and us for whatever error we made. Ameen.

And Allah :swt: knows best

Huzaifah ibn Adam
07-09-2016, 09:58 PM
https://archive.org/details/HayatUsS...ufKandhelvir.a

"Hayat-us-Sahabah", by Maulana Yusuf Kandhlawi.

A very good Kitaab on the lives of the Sahaabah. I suggest it be read, In Shaa Allaah.

Umm Malik
07-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Brother .. let this things until you meet Allah and you will know a lot of thing
There are people from non Muslim country didn't practice them religion and some of them they just travel to a non Muslim country to disobey Allah and lose them Deen
There are a lot of people from non Muslim country and they began from nothing and became a shyoukh like albukhari
Like Shaykh yousef Estes he wasn't even Muslim but he understood Islam then he invite to home
Think just for your love of Allah and you may get alfirdaws ala'la is better than keep think of thing like this and lost your Iman by thing you don't know it
Every one of us have a things and graces which we can't count it and also have a test or difficulty
And the giving from Allah is test and the taking is also test
If you were in time of sahabah you might be a sahabi or may be Abu jahl or Abu lahab they also see the prophet and they was his enemy

( 214 ) Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said, "When is the help of Allah?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near.

ALIve
07-10-2016, 02:06 AM
Ok, so from what I've read so far, the correct way to think is to let Allah's will take precedent over my own will and just hope for Firdaus and work for it however I can. Is this correct or not? Despite living in 2016, we still have an opportunity to get it, right?

If so, then what all do we need to do or go through to obtain this position?

ALIve
07-10-2016, 02:13 AM
I found this link which summarizes what I was looking for:

http://productivemuslim.com/your-jannah-todo-list/

It doesn't mention anything about what happens to your chances if you mess up on one of these things. I'm assuming if you repent and Allah forgives you for your sins, it's like you never committed the sin, but even after Allah forgives you, is there still a chance of obtaining Al-Firdaus? Surely, there will be some people out there who can do this list perfectly.

ALIve
07-11-2016, 03:57 AM
Bump, can someone answer the last question I posted please? Thanks! I'm eagerly waiting for the answer, please provide hadith / quranic evidence!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.