/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried I will never get married....I'm stuck with Turks

Mustafa16
07-10-2016, 03:52 AM
I am Turkish, and I want to marry a Turk, or at least a girl from one of the Turkic peoples (like kazakhs, uzbeks, Kyrgyz, Turkmen, etc.) because I realize cultural differences could cause problems in marriage if I married a non-Turkic person....in other words, if I, a turkish man, married, say a desi woman or arab woman, there would be a huge culture clash.....problem is, there are 3 camps of Turkic peoples here in America from whom I can marry, and none of them are compatible either.....camp 1) akp supporters. I can't marry them because my family is part of the gulen movement, which is being persecuted by akp supporters.....problems is, the vast majority of religious Turks are akp members or supporters......the rest are nationalists and gulenists....camp 2) secular turks....im worried this will not be good islamically because then the girl is not pious enough camp 3) gulenists......I have burned bridges with so many people in the gulen movement community, that I don't want to associate with these people anymore......I've gotten into trouble for talking to younger kids, for talking to teenage girls around my age (violating rules of gender segregation), for saying mean things online, for calling people too much, etc. a lot of this stems from my autism.....I even got banned from religious camps.......what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
07-10-2016, 09:57 AM
You are suffering from obsession my bro. You just need to relax. When you do this you will see that everything will be fine.

Marina-Aisha
07-10-2016, 10:53 AM
have thought maybe someone who isnt turkish maybe greek? arab? I'm greek cypriot my husband african nigerian at first there were differences but alhamdulillah everything fine nw..maybe u should think outside the box Allah made us all different why not dip in different cuisines u may just like it hahaha.

anatolian
07-10-2016, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marina-Aisha
have thought maybe someone who isnt turkish maybe greek? arab? I'm greek cypriot my husband african nigerian at first there were differences but alhamdulillah everything fine nw..maybe u should think outside the box Allah made us all different why not dip in different cuisines u may just like it hahaha.
Salam..

A Turkish and Greek marriage would be a little strange.. :D

Did you convert to Islam? Greeks are Christian predominantly..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
07-10-2016, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam..

A Turkish and Greek marriage would be a little strange.. :D

Did you convert to Islam? Greeks are Christian predominantly..
yes i did alhamdulillah, yes they are usually but greek and turkish be strange together? i dont think so there bit similar(dont tell me parents that hahaha) anyways what trying say to brother is u should look outside box maybe his soul mate from different culture who knows!

muslimah_B
07-10-2016, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I am Turkish, and I want to marry a Turk, or at least a girl from one of the Turkic peoples (like kazakhs, uzbeks, Kyrgyz, Turkmen, etc.) because I realize cultural differences could cause problems in marriage if I married a non-Turkic person....in other words, if I, a turkish man, married, say a desi woman or arab woman, there would be a huge culture clash.....problem is, there are 3 camps of Turkic peoples here in America from whom I can marry, and none of them are compatible either.....camp 1) akp supporters. I can't marry them because my family is part of the gulen movement, which is being persecuted by akp supporters.....problems is, the vast majority of religious Turks are akp members or supporters......the rest are nationalists and gulenists....camp 2) secular turks....im worried this will not be good islamically because then the girl is not pious enough camp 3) gulenists......I have burned bridges with so many people in the gulen movement community, that I don't want to associate with these people anymore......I've gotten into trouble for talking to younger kids, for talking to teenage girls around my age (violating rules of gender segregation), for saying mean things online, for calling people too much, etc. a lot of this stems from my autism.....I even got banned from religious camps.......what should I do?
I wouldnt let culture get in the way of getting married... Islam should be the only thing you focus on for looking for a wife, i mean if you was to throw away culture, is she pious, will she bring up your kids correctly, will she look after the home properly, when people start putting culture as a must for marriage the islamic principles get put 2nd place and thrown out the window.

I mean look at the world, Islam has reached all corners of the globe Alhamdulilah, why would you limit yourself to just one culture, there are so many beautiful pious sisters out there from all over, what exactly puts a turkish sister above others ?

And for food wise if she is willing she can learn to cook your home food, and a bonus when you get bored you can have her home food LOL.

I dont mean to be harsh but when people start putting limitations due to culture it boils my blood, people nowdays, culture takes precedence over Islamic principles, and even marriages are stopped or not allowed due to the cultural differences and different country heritages (which is actually a kind way of pulling the racism card)

Islam is meant to bring people together from all walks of life, all backgrounds, cultures, heritages and when people start putting barriers due to these things its extremely sad.

Scimitar
07-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Prophet Abraham pbuh was a Chaldean, whose second wife Hajar was an Egyptian. Their son, Ishmael was mixed race, Chaldean and Egyptian - who married an Arab woman.

Moses pbuh was an Israelite, who married a Midianite Arab woman.

Culture is a parental requirement, not a religious one. And strictly speaking, your marriage is your responsibility, not theirs.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.