/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I pay for medical school without using riba?

Mustafa16
07-11-2016, 11:37 PM
could I get financial aid to live off of? should I save money to live off of and get a scholarship, or should I get an interest free loan, or should I ditch the medical school idea?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reader
07-20-2016, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
could I get financial aid to live off of? should I save money to live off of and get a scholarship, or should I get an interest free loan, or should I ditch the medical school idea?
There's a special financial scholarship in the US for those planning to enter in demand primary medical professions- family medicine, pediatrics, OBGYN, psychiatry, psychologist, dentist.

They give you a stipend and pay for your tuition for as many years as you're on the course but then you have to get work at a need based area for as long as they helped you financially (four years if your aim is med school). You don't need to pay them back.

I hope this helps.

Mustafa16
07-21-2016, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reader
There's a special financial scholarship in the US for those planning to enter in demand primary medical professions- family medicine, pediatrics, OBGYN, psychiatry, psychologist, dentist.

They give you a stipend and pay for your tuition for as many years as you're on the course but then you have to get work at a need based area for as long as they helped you financially (four years if your aim is med school). You don't need to pay them back.

I hope this helps.
what's the name of the scholarship? is it in the state of Georgia? and isn't that only in in-demand areas, like rural areas or native American reservations?

Search
07-21-2016, 04:05 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

I hope you have great success in this InshaAllah and are able to find something that would allow you to not take a riba-based loan. I'd say that you should look into programs that would allow you to be able to move from college to medical school with ease such as UF-based 7-year BS/MD program or other programs like it and see if they are a viable option?

Also, make duas that Allah allows you to fulfill your dream without a riba-based loan and believe that Allah will answer your sincere dua or give you something better than that.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

what's the name of the scholarship? is it in the state of Georgia? and isn't that only in in-demand areas, like rural areas or native American reservations?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Reader
07-25-2016, 02:48 AM
I don't remember the full name, I think it was called the HSPS or something like that, allahu a'lam. I'll try to look it up for you insha allah.

It's actually in clinics and even neighborhoods in urban cities that have less medical facilities so I'm sure there are clinics in Atlanta that could fulfill the in demand area requirement insha allah.

But you have to already be accepted to the medical school beforehand I think which is the most important requirement for the scholarship. And always have a backup plan in case you don't win it.

Reader
07-25-2016, 02:51 AM
yup I found it, google National Health Service Corps Scholarship (NHSC) scholarship for health professions and you'll find it insha allah.

Mustafa16
07-25-2016, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Reader
yup I found it, google National Health Service Corps Scholarship (NHSC) scholarship for health professions and you'll find it insha allah.
I know, I already found out about it on my own several days ago....but thank you.....and ALHAMDULILLAH!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.