/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Fasting 6 days of Shawwal is like fasting for a lifetime!

Hamza Asadullah
07-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Fasting 6 days of Shawwal is like fasting for a lifetime!

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with 6 days of Shawaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” [Muslim]

Allahu Akbar how can any of us miss out on such huge rewards?

It is even more reward to fasts these on the Sunnah days of fasting such as Monday & Thursdays & the White days (13th, 14th & 15th of each Islamic month). Which for this Shawwal are: *13th Shawwal - Wed 27th July; 14th Shawwal - Thurs 28th July; 15th Shawwal - Fri 29th July.*

These 6 fasts can be spread out throughout the month of Shawwal.

*NOTE:* Month of Shawwal ends on Fri 13th July

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
07-12-2016, 09:28 PM
I always thought it was a whole year, not a lifetime. Either way, if you fasted a whole month, another 6 days won't hurt :) I try to do them back to back since my stomach is already used to the fast.

syed_z
07-13-2016, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
I always thought it was a whole year, not a lifetime. Either way, if you fasted a whole month, another 6 days won't hurt :) I try to do them back to back since my stomach is already used to the fast.
I believe you're right...

Hazrat Abu Ayub (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah ?ui2&ampik0359a61e86&ampviewfimg&ampth155bcc6e801831cc&ampattid005&ampdispemb&amprealattid7aaf6f621edec0d5 003&ampattbidANGjdJ9mtGtVL1udZeKz4l5fTDCAncflJOhms Yo8mciJrdHuWSZITv1jZ99turHFAA132rI0SpJch148tH tumJeSUeh22wVv5 NaOk110sGjx662vxSrJ7pv7rvX8&ampszw50 h48&ampats1468381221469&amprm155bcc6e801831cc&ampzw&ampatsh1 - [SAWW](PBUH) said,

"He who observes As-Saum (the fasts) in the month of Ramadan, and also observes As-Saum for six days in the month of Shawwal, it is as if he has observed As-Saum for the whole year.''

[Muslim Book 06, Chapter 36, Hadith # 2614].

According to the formula that there is at least ten-fold reward for every virtue in Islam. The Saum of one month (Ramadan) are equivalent to Saum of ten months. If one also observes six days of Saum of Shawwal, they will be equal to Saum of two months. Thus, one becomes eligible for the reward of one full years' Saum. He who makes it a permanent feature is like one who observes Saum throughout his life. He will be considered by Allah as one who observes Saum permanently. Although voluntary in nature, they are highly important.

Hamza Asadullah
06-28-2017, 02:32 AM
6 Fasts of Shawwal & Explanation of Its Amazing Reward

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
07-10-2017, 08:58 PM
REMINDER: 2 weeks left to keep the 6 fasts of Shawwal which ends on Monday 24th July.

Fasting 6 days of Shawwal like fasting for a lifetime: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with 6 days of Shawaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” [Muslim]

SubhanAllah How can any of us miss out on such huge rewards?

happymuslim
07-10-2017, 10:05 PM
If you do this does it makeup for all your past fasts?

Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2017, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by happymuslim
If you do this does it makeup for all your past fasts?
:sl:

According to Hanafi fiqh:

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

The fasts of Shawwal are mustahab. They mayt be kept at any time during the month of Shawwal. A woman who missed her fasts of Ramadan may make up (qaza) for them in Shawwal or anytime during the year besides the two Eids and the 11th, 12th and 13th of Zilhajj. She may keep the six fasts and then make up (qaza) for the fasts of Ramadan.

And Allah knows best

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/1308

Please note: To delay qadha fast due to menses in order to fast the 6 fasts of shawwal first is the position of the Hanafi, Maliki and Shafi'i Madhab but not Hanbali.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hamza Asadullah
07-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Final reminder: 8 days to go until the end of Shawwal. The last day of Shawwal will be Monday 24th July.

Do not miss out on gaining rewards of a lifetime! As we may not get this opportunity again!

Hamza Asadullah
06-17-2018, 08:48 PM
Bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.