/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cruelty-Free Consumerism

noraina
07-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Assalamu alaykum

I just thought I'd put this information here inshaAllah. Allah swt has give mankind stewardship, or khilafah, over this earth - obviously we have been created a degree above the rest of creation but it also our duty to treat all creatures with love and respect and dignity.

I could give so many hadiths concerning the rights Islam has given animals - and subhanAllah it really softens my heart when I read how our Prophet (saw) was merciful to even the most smallest of creatures. And especially as Muslims I think we need to be leading the way ethically and morally and that includes respecting animals :).

I'm posting this link, which lists brands which unfortunately do test on animals and should, well, be avoided like hell.

There's the saying which goes, ' If you can't help them at least don't harm them'. So the least we can do is at least not buy products which have been tested on innocent creatures and blind or maim or kill them. :( As a Muslim I feel really strongly it's my duty. I was shocked at how many brands I had which tested on animals - and if you read about it is so upsetting how they just treat these rabbits or rats or hamsters like they have no soul or aren't worth anything, subhanAllah it is just so selfish and horrible.

And when you know you are doing something for a cause worth it, even if it is just switching brands, you feel so good alhamdulillah. There is reward from Allah swt in the smallest act of kindness done to a living creature, even if they are animals.

It's kind of late so I'll build on this tomorrow inshaAllah, for now here is the link:

http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/comp...st-on-animals/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
07-12-2016, 10:58 PM
Wa alaykum salam

SubhanAllah! I didn't know there were so many. :o

Insha Allah, I will change my deodorant.

muslimah_B
07-13-2016, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum

I just thought I'd put this information here inshaAllah. Allah swt has give mankind stewardship, or khilafah, over this earth - obviously we have been created a degree above the rest of creation but it also our duty to treat all creatures with love and respect and dignity.

I could give so many hadiths concerning the rights Islam has given animals - and subhanAllah it really softens my heart when I read how our Prophet (saw) was merciful to even the most smallest of creatures. And especially as Muslims I think we need to be leading the way ethically and morally and that includes respecting animals :).

I'm posting this link, which lists brands which unfortunately do test on animals and should, well, be avoided like hell.

There's the saying which goes, ' If you can't help them at least don't harm them'. So the least we can do is at least not buy products which have been tested on innocent creatures and blind or maim or kill them. :( As a Muslim I feel really strongly it's my duty. I was shocked at how many brands I had which tested on animals - and if you read about it is so upsetting how they just treat these rabbits or rats or hamsters like they have no soul or aren't worth anything, subhanAllah it is just so selfish and horrible.

And when you know you are doing something for a cause worth it, even if it is just switching brands, you feel so good alhamdulillah. There is reward from Allah swt in the smallest act of kindness done to a living creature, even if they are animals.

It's kind of late so I'll build on this tomorrow inshaAllah, for now here is the link:

Walaykum asalam

SubhanAllah sis iv been using that same website to find stuff LOL

You know iv been searching for ages lol and i came across this website also it has all the brands that are leaping bunny certified

https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/LeapingBunny

On my other post about that stupid turd who threw the dog off the roof i quoted all the hadeeths i could find on animals if you ever want to use them to make your life easier :)

If your interested here is a petition to get korea to ban the dog meat trade which i spoke a lil bit about on the other post aswell

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/120702

noraina
07-13-2016, 04:56 PM
JazakAllah khayr for the additional links - I'm so grateful for the internet when it comes to things like this. ;)

Generally, in the UK if you're not sure you can look for the Leaping Bunny logo on any products, that means it is cruelty-free and isn't tested on animals - not all cruelty-free companies have this logo tho, as it's expensive to sign up..

And most of us obviously can't just throw out everything, what I did last year was use up all the products I owned and slowly transitioned to ones which I was 100% certain were cruelty-free - whether that be cosmetics or deodorants or toothpastes or cleaning detergents. This is such a small thing to do but it's something with a positive impact.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
07-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Assalamu alaykum

How bad do you imagine these things are before they allow you to put them on your bodies?

:/

...and it's not like most of them are new products?

...so do they still have to test them on animals for quality control?

Do they instantly forget what not to do the next time they make stuff?

To be fair your against animal experimentation.. which probably means no medication for you...

Don't worry, human trials are already a thing.

Boycott primark!! ...free range workers are the best tasting!

noraina
07-13-2016, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
How bad do you imagine these things are before they allow you to put them on your bodies?

...and it's not like most of them are new products?

...so do they still have to test them on animals for quality control?

Do they instantly forget what not to do the next time they make stuff?

To be fair your against animal experimentation.. which probably means no medication for you...

Don't worry, human trials are already a thing.

Boycott primark!! ...free range workers are the best tasting!
Fair points, I agree there is a limitation. I mean to test on animals for something as fickle as cosmetics or cleaning detergents is wrong, I think for medications there could be justifications if it can save human life.

But then again....many researchers claim that testing on animals isn't at all accurate for even medications- genetically, physically we're too different. Take for example, chocolate - something I can eat in huge quantities but which could prove fatal for a cat or dog or chicken in even small amounts.

And I have heard, although I haven't read about it too much, that some say modern science can now stimulate say human skin or blood or whatever and measure the effects from there - much more accurate than animal testing.

I agree with your second point - it sounds sad but we have done so much animal testing we probably know a huge amount of safe ingredients, so why the need to continue testing?

It's a complex issue tbh - all I will say is that animal testing for something like perfume or makeup is just plainly wrong, and where ever I possibly can I'll avoid it, which I'm doing.

As for Primark - haven't been there for years ;)

M.I.A.
07-13-2016, 07:06 PM

Chocolate flavour chocolate free chocolate substitute.. sugar free..pet treats.

Why is this not a thing yet?

I will buy a pool filled with chocolate coins!

...I would be...

Chocolate minted.

Scimitar
07-14-2016, 01:09 AM
I was watching "The Muslim Pound" documentary on bbc iplayer, and was shocked when it was shown how "Lipstick" contains animal fats, which when worn, are ingested... HARAAM.

Oh and that woman who is Muslim by name only and totally against hijaab, yet has hair like ironed carpet... was too funny :D

Scimi

muslimah_B
07-14-2016, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I was watching "The Muslim Pound" documentary on bbc iplayer, and was shocked when it was shown how "Lipstick" contains animal fats, which when worn, are ingested... HARAAM.

Oh and that woman who is Muslim by name only and totally against hijaab, yet has hair like ironed carpet... was too funny :D

Scimi
Yeaaa they put animal fats in alot of our stuff nowdays, why im trying to use vegan/ vegetarian only products as i would know then there is no animals by product in there and not tested on animals
If your in the uk i remember reading sainsburys, superdrug & marks n Spencers own brand are leaping bunny certified (i think morisons was but not 100% sure)

"Muslim pound" i have never heard it of it, but your hair description makes me want to watch it and laugh... lol thanks

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 12:18 AM
Fair points, I agree there is a limitation. I mean to test on animals for something as fickle as cosmetics or cleaning detergents is wrong, I think for medications there could be justifications if it can save human life.

But then again....many researchers claim that testing on animals isn't at all accurate for even medications- genetically, physically we're too different. Take for example, chocolate - something I can eat in huge quantities but which could prove fatal for a cat or dog or chicken in even small amounts.

And I have heard, although I haven't read about it too much, that some say modern science can now stimulate say human skin or blood or whatever and measure the effects from there - much more accurate than animal testing.

I agree with your second point - it sounds sad but we have done so much animal testing we probably know a huge amount of safe ingredients, so why the need to continue testing?

It's a complex issue tbh - all I will say is that animal testing for something like perfume or makeup is just plainly wrong, and where ever I possibly can I'll avoid it, which I'm doing.

As for Primark - haven't been there for years ;)
Well tbh with every disease there is a fruit, herb, plant & vegetable that cures it, the pharmaceutical companies make billions, possibly every month/ year yet every single cure available is right here growing in the earth available, there have been stories of people totally defeating cancer with a complete change of diet and certain foods with the ability to kill cancer cells, these stories arent mainstream as well if everyone done it the natural way then they would loose millions.. and even now they have the capabilities to "grow" these cells and use them, but due to costs they would rather use animals as its cheaper and they can easily breed more and dispose of them like a cheap coat.
Even in the uk there are warehouses which specificly breed a type of dog called a "beagle" which are used for experiments the moment they are born till the moment they die, they are someones test doll, no rights, no life all for something that have no effect on people, rashes, irritation, allergic reactions, harmfull to your skin/eyes (how do you think they found that out, by injecting, pouring it onto helpless animal on their skin/eyes while being strapped down to a table like a prisoner)

We are totally different to animals, and comparing our reaction/acceptance to that of an animal is just "whats the point" as there is none, its a cheap ploy to save money not lives.
If they want someone to test on, there are plenty of people deserving of it, rapists, seriel killers, peodophiles, government officials, especially those on death row, why should tax payers waste their money giving a comfortable life to scumbags of the earth when they can do something benificial to mankind for once in their lives

Abu Hurayrah narrates that The Prophet pbuh said:
“There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its remedy.”
Bukhari 7.582

Usamah ibn Shuraik narrated:
“… ‘O Allah’s Messenger! Should we seek medical treatment for our illnesses?’ He replied: ‘Yes, you should seek medical treatment, because Allah, the Exalted, has let no disease exist without providing for its cure, except for one ailment, namely, old age’.”
Tirmidhi

Scimitar
07-15-2016, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B

"Muslim pound" i have never heard it of it, but your hair description makes me want to watch it and laugh... lol thanks
13668998 101229626984314 7945661575049118448 n?oh162a45f47cbe63098c720d83436149bf&ampoe57F01674 -

:D

I've seen horses with better hair... that hair is sooo meh, the mehteron meter exploded. And, if that is a wig - she uber failed coz wigs aint exactly lighter on the head are they? she'd be better off with an hijaab.

Seeing mariam the presenter trying to keep a straight face while interviewing this compromise of compromises was too funny.

Scimi

Scimitar
07-15-2016, 02:11 PM

hopefully it stays on youtube :D skip to 00:00:58 seconds to see the carpet... uh, i mean the thing on her head she calls hair. :D

Scimi

Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 02:28 PM
:wa:

SubhanAllah, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

May Allah swt keep us on the straight path, Ameen.

:jz:

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

hopefully it stays on youtube :D skip to 00:00:58 seconds to see the carpet... uh, i mean the thing on her head she calls hair. :D

Scimi
OH MY DEARY DAYS

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i just watched it and i couldnt stop laughing, how did the presenter keep a straight face, i would have been on the floor crying LOL.

No but seriously why would anyone let her go out like that, her "friends" dont love her at all

Nice lil "fun" documentry thanks :D

Scimitar
07-17-2016, 11:43 AM
I remember watching presenter Mariam trying to keep a straight face :D i had to pause while i tried to figure out how to pick myself up off the floor ;D

Scimi

noraina
07-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Oh yes, I watched the Muslim Pound....it was really interesting to watch.

Going to go slightly off-topic here about those Muslim women who seem to have an issue with hijab....what winds me up (and that's hard to do lol) is when they try to use Islam and its teachings to justify their decision, 'hijab isn't mentioned in the Qur'an', 'it's remnants of a patriarchial culture', 'times have changed'. Like omd, if you don't want to wear the hijab then that's up to you, but don't try to use Islam to justify that or try to defend yourself when it is so obviously something which is fardh. It's just annoying when they try to trivialise the hijab or make out it's not really important....

Okay, rant over :D

muslimah_B
07-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Going to go slightly off-topic here about those Muslim women who seem to have an issue with hijab....what winds me up (and that's hard to do lol) is when they try to use Islam and its teachings to justify their decision, 'hijab isn't mentioned in the Qur'an', 'it's remnants of a patriarchial culture', 'times have changed'. Like omd, if you don't want to wear the hijab then that's up to you, but don't try to use Islam to justify that or try to defend yourself when it is so obviously something which is fardh. It's just annoying when they try to trivialise the hijab or make out it's not really important....

Yea i found it interesting aswell, just suprised that it wasnt on tv to show a positive light of muslims especially on economical growth and putting money back into the country with our shopping habits, i was actually really suprised that marks and spencers started the burkini as they dont actually sell any halal food YET lol (and their food is really niceee, so i would be happy if they did)
maybe trump could learn a thing or 2 watching this, oh and maybe him and that girl could swap hair ideas HAHAHAHAHA (SORRY I HAD TO)
But you know anything postive about muslims is not allowed, good lord imagine if people actually think were human beings and actually nice people oh the horror [emoji15]

Yea that really boils my blood aswell, the whole "hijab isnt in the Quran, it objectifies women, its cultural, it doesnt have to cover my neck, ears, ALL MY HAIR, my chest"
And this is from "muslim women" it really irritates me, this whole feminist rubbish, like they dont know Islam gave them their rights before this western feminist movement campaigned for them, tbh i cant stand them LOL, they argue when you show them the hadeeths & ayats and claim its down to "interpretation" [emoji19] [emoji15], those who genuinely didnt know they take the advice on board and try to change and do things properly :)

i dont really get down with the whole "fashionista" vibes or clothing but hey as long as theyre covering properly i dont really care but when i see these "turbans" "tight clothes" "colourfull" "so much makeup you need a whole pack of baby wipes to get it off" i dont like that stuff and never will then i get called extreme Alhamdulilah :)

(Sorry now my rant is over LOL)

Scimitar
07-17-2016, 12:34 PM

two words: Carpet Hair

:D

M.I.A.
07-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Maybe having hairstyles similar to the vid would make for a viable deterrent..

To wrong thoughts from men.

Ironic protest statements for the masses.

(Because it makes everybody lol rather than any other reason)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.