/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problems

Aaqib
07-15-2016, 04:02 PM
So, you can't sleep with your chest on the bed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 05:44 PM
:sl:

By sleeping with "your chest on the bed" I believe you mean sleeping on ones stomach? If so then:

Ya’eesh ibn Tihfah al-Ghifaari reported that his father said: “I stayed as a guest with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with those of the poor whom he hosted. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out in the night to check up on his guests, and saw me lying on my stomach. He prodded me with his foot and said, ‘Do not lie in this manner, for it is a way of lying that Allaah hates.’” According to another report, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prodded him with his foot and woke him up, and said, “Do not lie like this, for this is how the people of Hell lie.”
(Reported by Ahmad, al-Fath al-Rabbaani, 14/244-245; by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2798, Shaakir edn.; and by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Adab, no. 5040, al-Da’aas edn. Also reported in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2270-2271).

Ya'ish bin Tikhfah Al-Ghifari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
My father said: I was lying down on my belly in the mosque when someone shook me with his foot and said, "Lying down this way is disapproved by Allah." I looked up and saw that it was Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).

[Abu Dawud].

The Sunnah is to lie down on ones right side when sleeping:

Al-Bara' bin 'Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
Whenever Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) went to bed, he would lie down on his right side and recite: "Allahumma aslamtu nafsi ilaika, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilaika, wa fawwadtu amri ilaika, wa 'alja'tu zahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika, la malja'a wa la manja illa ilaika. Amantu bikitabikal-ladhi anzalta, wa nabiyyikal-ladhi arsalta [O Allah! I have submitted myself to You, I have turned my face to You, committed my affairs to You, and depend on You for protection out of desire for You and out of fear of You (expecting Your reward and fearing Your punishment). There is no refuge and no place of safety from You but with You. I believed in the Book You have revealed, and in the Prophet You have sent (i.e., Muhammad (ﷺ)).]"

[Al-Bukhari].

'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) used to offer eleven Rak'ah of optional Salat (prayers) in the latter part of night. When it was about dawn, he would offer two short Rak'ah and then would lie down on his right side till the Mu'adhdhin (one who calls for prayer) would come to inform him that the congregation had gathered (for prayer).

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Allah knows best.

aynina
07-15-2016, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
So, you can't sleep with your chest on the bed?
me too i prefer to sleep on my belly, but no you cant, see post 1

aynina
07-15-2016, 07:37 PM
i mean post 2

there is no edit button omg :cry: i'm going to write soo many spelling mistakes now, and just plain dumb mistakes too
or am i unable to edit cus im new? :unsure:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aynina
i mean post 2

there is no edit button omg :cry: i'm going to write soo many spelling mistakes now, and just plain dumb mistakes too
or am i unable to edit cus im new? :unsure:
I'm new as well,( From UF. )

aynina
07-15-2016, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
I'm new as well,( From UF. )
Whats ur uf name :shade:

Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aynina
Whats ur uf name :shade:
~Umar~

Aaqib
07-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Thank you so much for informing me :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.