/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What´s going on in Turkey?

sister herb
07-15-2016, 08:34 PM
News talk about trying of military coup. What´s going on in there? Real coup or Erdogan´s campaing against the political opposition?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 08:39 PM
:sl:

I think it's a real coup

There's conflicting reports. Some are saying the military have succesfully taken over, where as others say they haven't.

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 09:12 PM
I just heard about it literally now..

Is there anyone here from turkey who can tell us whats happening :/

Search
07-15-2016, 09:30 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

There seems to be no rest or peace in the world, especially the Muslim world. I was glad that Turkey at least was relatively turmoil-free in the Muslim world, despite Daesh's attacks, but now it seems it isn't.

I honestly don't know what's happening in the world. It's like one bad news hits and a person is still trying to digest that bad news when a second worse news comes in and you're still left processing the first and now also having to deal with the second.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have a website or a link to follow this news or anything?

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

There seems to be no rest or peace in the world, especially the Muslim world. I was glad that Turkey at least was relatively turmoil-free in the Muslim world, despite Daesh's attacks, but now it seems it isn't.

I honestly don't know what's happening in the world. It's like one bad news hits and a person is still trying to digest that bad news when a second worse news comes in and you're still left processing the first and now also having to deal with the second.

:wa:
I dont think we are ever going to be able to digest anything that's happening in the world.

So much is happening across the globe with wars, poverty, famine, oppression, terror, i dont think there is one place actually free of any of this its becoming that bad.

Actually maybe antartica :) (north or south pole)

Mustafa16
07-15-2016, 09:46 PM
My parents are from Turkey, but I'm from the USA...it's a real coup....read here...https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 09:49 PM
So if this happens and follows through, is this a good thing or a bad thing (honestly dont know what to think )

Mustafa16
07-15-2016, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
So if this happens and follows through, is this a good thing or a bad thing (honestly dont know what to think )
it's a good thing......while Erdogan has done great things for the country like turning Turkey into an economic power and lifting the ban on headscarves, he has, over the years, turned into a tyrant, despot, and dictator. Trust me, I'm Turkish, I would know.

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
it's a good thing......while Erdogan has done great things for the country like turning Turkey into an economic power and lifting the ban on headscarves, he has, over the years, turned into a tyrant, despot, and dictator. Trust me, I'm Turkish, I would know.
There was a ban on headscarves [emoji15]

In sha Allah no one gets hurt, too much destruction & deaths are happening

Mustafa16
07-15-2016, 10:28 PM
There was a ban on headscarves [emoji15]

In sha Allah no one gets hurt, too much destruction & deaths are happening
yes, indeed, insha Allah no one gets hurt....

Search
07-15-2016, 10:37 PM

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Too late - too many people in Istanbul are dying already. And the military is driving its tanks throughout the streets.

I used to live in Turkey myself when I was a little child due to my father's job. So, I have sympathies for this country as well, though I'm not Turkish. This is not good news - Erdogan was a strong Muslim leader in a Muslim world full of ineffectual and weak Muslim leaders. There had been lots of propaganda against him and he'd held his own and actually Turkey had become a stronger nation under his leadership.

Turkey is now going to flail under military leadership and if you actually think the government was turning into a dictatorship under Erdogan, then you have no idea of what true dictatorship is and now you're about to find out the difference.

yes, indeed, insha Allah no one gets hurt....
:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 10:44 PM
It's on periscope live from istanbul. I can't post the link, But Pro-Erdogan supporters are standing on tanks and chanting Allahu Akbar.

Search
07-15-2016, 10:45 PM

God-willing, this coup fails; and law and order is restored with Erdogan back in power.

Akhi_Umar
07-15-2016, 10:48 PM

God-willing, this coup fails; and law and order is restored with Erdogan back in power.

Insha'Allah

piXie
07-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Im afraid you don't know at all, especially if you think this coup is a good thing. May Allah make their attempts unsuccessful. Aameeen!

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 11:25 PM
So is there any reasoning behind why this coup happened,
Did something happen to cause this

(Sorry i dont know any tukish politics so im honestly clueless)

Mustafa16
07-15-2016, 11:31 PM
So is there any reasoning behind why this coup happened,
Did something happen to cause this

(Sorry i dont know any tukish politics so im honestly clueless)
Erdogan has an Islamist-orientated politics, while Turkey's constitution says it is to be a secular state, with complete separation of Church and State, and also, Erdogan has cracked down on free speech and shut down media companies and sent hundreds to prison for "insulting" him (including a thirteen year old child) and turned Turkey into an authoritarian police state with few civil liberties......historically, the military has staged coups to ensure that Turkey does not turn Islamist......this goes back to when Mustafa Kemal (known as "Ataturk" or father of the Turks) got Turkey's independence and abolished the khilafa and turned Turkey into a western-style democracy.

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Erdogan has an Islamist-orientated politics, while Turkey's constitution says it is to be a secular state, with complete separation of Church and State, and also, Erdogan has cracked down on free speech and shut down media companies and sent hundreds to prison for "insulting" him (including a thirteen year old child) and turned Turkey into an authoritarian police state with few civil liberties......historically, the military has staged coups to ensure that Turkey does not turn Islamist......this goes back to when Mustafa Kemal (known as "Ataturk" or father of the Turks) got Turkey's independence and abolished the khilafa and turned Turkey into a western-style democracy.
What exactly do you mean by "islamist"

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akhi_Umar
It's on periscope live from istanbul. I can't post the link, But Pro-Erdogan supporters are standing on tanks and chanting Allahu Akbar.
Why do people feel the need to say that when they're in possession of deadly weapons, are in the process of killing someone, or are preparing to potentially kill someone? It almost seems like it's a violent person's "inshallah," in that it can have real religious meaning but it can also be something that people say just so they're saying something. It seems like it might be a bit of a careless habit sometimes.

I've got CNN streaming live on my computer, they were talking about Turkey but after running through their contacts they basically don't know anything yet. So now they're back to profiling the Nice attacker.

I'm mighty curios to know what this will mean for the Kurds in Turkey. But that is a story for a different day, maybe for next week. I have a feeling they're just waiting for an opportunity, if there is an opportunity to be had.

CNN is back to Turkey now- CNN's sister station in Turkey stopped broadcasting, the whole media situation on the ground is going to be very interesting in the next few days. Loud noises are being heard, it's hard to even figure out if it's explosions or sonic booms, and lines of communication are pretty inconsistent.

There seems to be some sort of gathering at the airport, and the people gathering there seem to be supporting the coup. No soldiers at the airport, just security (with guns). Seems to be a calm gathering, without precisely defined leadership or purpose.

Why is there so many low flying aircraft? Are they trying to scare people, is this a way of enforcing martial law?

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 01:14 AM
The police force seems to be aligned with Erdogan, there is some slightly older (non-live) footage of police officers arresting soldiers, the men in blue taking the men in fatigues on a perp walk. Quite an odd scene. These particular soldiers are presumed to be part of the coup. I'm not sure if everyone in the military is locked into this, or if the entire police force everywhere is united, but that is one thing that's been happening.

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 01:19 AM
Fareed Zakaria is saying this is an unusual coup. Usually military coups are top-down, straightforward and united. Zakaria is saying this is a more chaotic coup involving people who aren't in senior positions of leadership, and the military is split on this, it's not the whole military doing this. This is somewhat unprecedented, for this kind of coup in Turkey at least, nobody could have anticipated this, no one was prepared for anything like this, and that could be pretty bad in the medium term.

The coup-supporting military people are telling everyone stay inside, there's a curfew. Erdogan is saying everyone come outside, support your president. And some people are. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 01:27 AM
Erdogan is addressing the nation live, but CNN doesn't have a translator on it yet. In the meantime, the CNN Turk people are describing being forced out of their place of work at gunpoint. It's an empty studio there right now.

But then....after the pro-coup soldiers did this, some concerned citizens got some police involved in the situation, a helicopter landed nearby and the cops and soldiers are in a standoff. The soldiers have the building. The police are still outside.

Anyone watching what Erdogan is saying?

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 01:29 AM
Im watching the news now, but i havent heard him speak

Im just hoping nobody has been hurt, its just too much now, around the world

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 01:33 AM
Al Jazeerah English seems to be more on top of what Erdogan is saying.

http://www.abcnewsweb.com/al-jazeera-english-america/

kritikvernunft
07-16-2016, 01:47 AM
It is way too early to start reconstructing the truth from the lies in the media reports. You can only do that by making use of the fact that it is insanely hard to keep a set of lies consistent. So, you need to wait until they have been contradicting themselves for a longer period of time.

One thing is for sure. Turkey has become impossibly unstable now.

The Kurdish autonomous area in Iraq is a safe haven for all sorts of PKK-like militarized groups. With the US supporting the autonomous area, the American weapons and money are increasingly getting used against the Turkish army. The price tag associated to American help is that the Kurds are supposed to carry out military operations against particular tribal insurgencies that have been re-labeled by the Americans as "Al-Qaeda" and "Islamic State". Note that the re-labeling is very fluid. They are being re-labeled dynamically to something else, as it suits the guys doing the re-labeling.

The point is, that the Kurdish club are not much interested in taking on the tribal insurgents, though. They'd rather support the Kurdish militia that take on the Turkish army instead. This puts pressure onto Turkey to effectively assist the tribal insurgencies in Syria and Iraq (some of the re-labeled guys), if only they promise to attack the Kurdish autonomous region, which they actually sometimes do.

What the media are not reporting -- but which must undoubtedly be the case -- is that the Turkish state has lost control over entire areas in Turkey, which are now also effectively controlled by tribal insurgencies. The Turkish army must have suffered several military defeats in these areas, about which nobody has been reporting. There must be a relatively quiet but nonetheless bloody war going on there. I also suspect that the Turkish army also has enough of the politics that render their military operations very costly and utterly ineffective. On paper, the Americans are their allies but in practice the Americans happily support their worst enemies. There must also incessantly be shootouts between the Turkish secret services and the CIA, with the Turks trying to prevent the CIA from helping the Kurds and the CIA trying to prevent the Turks from helping the re-labeled tribal insurgents in Syria and Iraq.

With both the CIA (Americans) and the FSB (Russians) deeply infiltrated in the Turkish state -and security apparatus, it is not even clear who exactly instructed those Turkish military under their control, to attempt a coup against Erdogan. We all also knew that Putin was going to get even some day, with Erdogan, and we also know very well what his most potent weapon is: the FSB. Someone has managed to overrule Turkish intelligence, but we do not know who exactly. We can reasonably assume, however, that a relevant part of the Turkish intelligence services have turned the tables on Erdogan.

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 02:17 AM
In Erdogan's speech, he blames this on cleric-in-exile Fethullah Gulen, although his group denies it so who knows. He's talking about cleaning up the armed forces, he's called the coup-supporters armed terrorists, he says the tanks they're driving don't belong to them, many arrests have been/are being made, and apparently he is open to potentially shooting down the rogue military aircraft.

The TRT reporter who announced the military had taken over was forced to do so at gunpoint. Some of this is becoming a little more clear, and I'm feeling more comfortable with saying this is a failed coup attempt, although it remains to be seen if there will be ongoing violence. Let's hope not too much.

All the main political parties with representation in parliament have denounced the coup attempt.

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 02:24 AM
Oops, didn't mean to post that twice. I will add this, along with cleaning things up this may wind up being an opportunity to crack down on some things.

And as a little bump, I am one other person who's curious to know what is meant by Islamist.

cooterhein
07-16-2016, 03:46 AM
Tanks are parked on the Bosphorus Bridge in Istanbul and military guys just started walking away from their positions with their hands raised. Seems to be a movement toward reconciliation and de-escalation.

kritikvernunft
07-16-2016, 03:58 AM
> cleric-in-exile Fethullah Gulen, although his group denies it so who knows ...

It sounds so unlikely, indeed.

You see, the autonomous (Heremi) Kurds have successfully and firmly taken over Jazira in Syria. It is obviously of strategic importance for them to keep Kobane too. The Kurds pretty much control the entire Rojava now (Syrian Kurdistan). This is of strategic importance to them. At the same time, the relabeled guys have spent way too much effort on Kobane than can be explained by their own interests. The whole case only matters to Turkey. Therefore, I reasonably assume that Erdogan has been funding and exhorting some of the relabeled guys to "do something" about Kobane.

The autonomous (Heremi) Kurds grabbing control over Rojava is something that must abhor the Turks, as you clearly see that the autonomous (Heremi) Kurds must in fact be after the Bakure region in Turkey (Turkish Kurdistan).

In May 2016, a Turkish Bell AH-1 SuperCobra helicopter was documented shot down by a PKK-fired Russian made MANPAD.

I therefore conclude that both the CIA and FSB (Russians) are now resolutely funding and arming the autonomous (Heremi) Kurds, whose local militia are now successfully knocking out the presence of the Turkish army in Bakure (Turkish Kurdistan).

This coup is a tremendous success for them.

The purpose of this coup is to get the Turks shooting at each other, so that they distrust each other too much to keep fighting effectively in Bakure. Ultimately, it is the autonomous (Heremi) Kurds who benefit the most from all of this. I am putting my money on the idea that they are somehow behind all of this.

All of this looks like being part of a strategic initiative to unite Heremi, Rojava and Bakure into some kind of one Kurdish "autonomous entity". They are clearly outclassing the Turks now, both politically and militarily, as they are firmly backed by both the Americans and the Russians. I expect them to further keep pushing Erdogan against the wall, prior to commencing a general advance on Bakure. If the Turks do not invent something quickly, to stem their losses, as they have even lost control over a relevant part of their own secret services, they will end up retreating from Bakure in disarray.

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 04:33 AM
the coup attempting soldiers have just surrendered in Istanbul, with one of the arrested leaders of the coup having called for them to surrender.... :(

AabiruSabeel
07-16-2016, 05:55 AM
May Allah :swt: restore peace and security everywhere, specially in Turkey which is one of the strongest Muslim nations.

Coups and revolutions are never good. Remember what happened in Pakistan, Egypt, the Mustafa Kamal coup earlier in Turkey, and others in rest of the Muslim world? What follows them is chaos, insecurity, huge loss of lives, and usually mixed with attempts to eradicate Islamic values. May Allah :swt: protect us all.

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 10:31 AM

My friend sent me this, this was beautiful to wake up to, no matter what happens, prayer will always come first no matter where.... Allahu Akbar [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

piXie
07-16-2016, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cooterhein
Al Jazeerah English seems to be more on top of what Erdogan is saying.

http://www.abcnewsweb.com/al-jazeera-english-america/
Al Jazeerah have done a good job. Been hearing lies from other news channels.

talibilm
07-16-2016, 02:33 PM

I do not know much about Turkey's internal politics but let me say AFAIK .

If Erdogan was the main leader to remove the ban on Hijab so such a leader must be fully supported by Sincere Muslims and i did see some videos in which Erdogan came out of the masjid after Fajar salah and met mainly groups of women wearing Hijab and were waiting to meet him. though some said it was just a Propaganda but my view is EVEN if it was a Propaganda but it was the right thing (propaganda) for a sincere Muslim ruler to do that he Prayed Fajar salah with jamat SO THAT OTHERS FOLLOW HIM . About some claims that he is a tyrant , If he could apply Islam in a Muslim Majority country were Hijab was detested Naturally those who supported The Hijab Ban will consequently call him a Tyrant since he has forced Hijab on them ..

So such Islam applying Tyrants are welcome provided they do not behave like ISIS going against the Noble Quran & hadith and killing its dhimmis & Muslims alike in the name of islam. The Need of the hour for the Muslim Ummah is such Leaders like Erdogan though the method to Power was not 100 % Islamic but still its better than the worst like those leaders who supported shaitan and a Hijab ban & filthy westernization.

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

I do not know much about Turkey's internal politics but let me say AFAIK .

If Erdogan was the main leader to remove the ban on Hijab so such a leader must be fully supported by Sincere Muslims and i did see some videos in which Erdogan came out of the masjid after Fajar salah and met mainly groups of women wearing Hijab and were waiting to meet him. though some said it was just a Propaganda but my view is EVEN if it was a Propaganda but it was the right thing (propaganda) for a sincere Muslim ruler to do that he Prayed Fajar salah with jamat SO THAT OTHERS FOLLOW HIM . About some claims that he is a tyrant , If he could apply Islam in a Muslim Majority country were Hijab was detested Naturally those who supported The Hijab Ban will consequently call him a Tyrant since he has forced Hijab on them ..

So such Islam applying Tyrants are welcome provided they do not behave like ISIS going against the Noble Quran & hadith and killing its dhimmis & Muslims alike in the name of islam. The Need of the hour for the Muslim Ummah is such Leaders like Erdogan though the method to Power was not 100 % Islamic but still its better than the worst like those leaders who supported shaitan and a Hijab ban & filthy westernization.
i totally agree with you, i also don't know anything about turkish politics, but if he is promoting Islam in the best of ways, giving rights and freedoms to muslims and everyone else (as should be per our sharia) then we should be happy that he is in power and hope that he promotes Islam in the best of ways, and doesn't take away their rights like what the west is doing to us here slowly and slowly

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 04:43 PM
i totally agree with you, i also don't know anything about turkish politics, but if he is promoting Islam in the best of ways, giving rights and freedoms to muslims and everyone else (as should be per our sharia) then we should be happy that he is in power and hope that he promotes Islam in the best of ways, and doesn't take away their rights like what the west is doing to us here slowly and slowly
HE is NOT promoting freedoms for people....he is seizing media outlets left and right, censoring the media heavily, sending people to prison for insulting him or criticizing him, and persecuting the Gulen movement on false pretenses........how can you people support a crook like him?

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 04:54 PM
also, Erdogan is turning turkey into a police state, committing war crimes in southeastern turkey, is a crony capitalist, is wasting taxpayer's money, and has just made peace with Israel, Russia, Egypt, and SYRIA.

piXie
07-16-2016, 04:54 PM
how can you people support a crook like him?
How can you support a coup? :ermm:

noraina
07-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Assalamu alaykum

What is happening to this world?....Everyone I think is really taken aback by this because of all the Muslim nations Turkey came across as the most secure and peaceful, and now that is changing.

Coups, I agree, are never, ever a good thing. The most glaring example I can think of is Pakistan and its periods of martial law - it just resulted in chaos and deterioration and tbh Pakistan is yet to recover decades later...Erdogan wasn't a perfect leader (and honestly there's no good leader in any nation), but this isn't the way to take power. So many civilians were killed.

News reports of it are really mixed up and throwing conflicting reports around, apparently the coup is under control but everyone is saying it is a fluid situation, anything could happen.

May Allah swt bring peace and stability to the world and to the Muslim Ummah :( Of all times now we really need peace and unity.

sister herb
07-16-2016, 06:09 PM
HE is NOT promoting freedoms for people....he is seizing media outlets left and right, censoring the media heavily, sending people to prison for insulting him or criticizing him, and persecuting the Gulen movement on false pretenses........how can you people support a crook like him?
He also has started co-operating with Israel again. How a honest Muslim leader can do such things while Israel violates rights of brothers and sisters in Palestine every day?

:facepalm:

I don´t support coups but I don´t support kind of leaders neither.

anatolian
07-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Yes there was a military coup attempt last night in Turkey. It has totally failed within half a day. Most probably that was planned and supported by Fethullah Gulen movement (an Islamist movement) who were in hand with AKP before but is being persecuted by Erdogan currently. 161 people died so far and may injured. they even attacked the Parliament in Ankara.

I am politically against Erdogan with the similar reasons of Mustafa16. He popped up as if a Muslim leader which Turkey has been waiting for a long time but He and many other AKP politicians turned into tyrants easily.. but the worst elected government is better than a military coup. So I am happy that it couldnt succeed

*Yasmin*
07-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Mustafa16, are you a PKK supporter or Gulen follower?
if yes, maybe that explains your support for the military coup against Erdogan goverment...

Search
07-16-2016, 06:47 PM

Yeah, I understand what you mean, sis. But the honest truth is that if any leadership in a Muslim nation wants to stay in power, they're going to have to cooperate and be friendly with Israel. If they don't, the Western powers and Israel won't let them stay in power - it's as simple as that. That's just how geopolitics currently work; it's been proven time and again that to go against Israel for any Muslim nation means that Israel will plan to destabilize you from within and Iraq and Syria are examples that have lived out this truth before our eyes.

For example, Saddam Hussein was pro-nuclear weapons for the Arab world because he wanted to be able to attack Israel. Guess what? He's now gone and died a humiliating death. Read Saddam Hussein's Dreams of an End to the Zionist Nightmare. Btw, I'm not saying Saddam Hussein was a great leader, because obviously he was a dictator and someone who couldn't in the end understand the manipulations of the Western powers that were happy to dethrone him at the earliest opportunity due to the unholy alliance that exists between Israel and America; to his credit though, he understood that Israel was a major duplicitous and cancerous player in the Middle East but in the end he underestimated both Israel and America to his fatal detriment.

Syria's relations with Israel have been "bad" for a long time and had historically even resulted in wars. Israel wanted Assad gone and this is proven from statements of Israel and other documents that show that Israel wanted the country of Syria to be destabilized, and it was the United States as proven in the book The WikiLeaks Files: The World According to US Empire that furthered this ambition of Israel.

Tbh, it is a very deadly and stupid move for any Muslim nation to currently challenge Israel in any way; I think the vernacular "don't hate the player hate the game" is apt here because Israel is many ways the nerve center of how U.S. foreign politics is shaped (with clueless American public not realizing the extent to which we're held hostage to Israel's desires because in the modern-day context Muslims are easily scapegoated as villains while the American public largely remains ignorant of what the true cause of the problem is and right under their noses too!) and also influences many Western countries' foreign policies.

Muslims, for example, wonder why Saudi Arabia is friendly with Israel; well, the reason Saudi Arabia is able to "stand" today because it is friendly with Israel; the day KSA decides to change the rules is the day that Saudi kingship won't last and chaos will occur in the country.

Currently, the Muslim world is weak, and to challenge Israel means suicide for that Muslim nation. So, better not. Erdogan is smart and realizes that.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
He also has started co-operating with Israel again. How a honest Muslim leader can do such things while Israel violates rights of brothers and sisters in Palestine every day?

:facepalm:

I don´t support coups but I don´t support kind of leaders neither.

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Can someone please tell me who this "gulen" guy is and what exactly he follows (google is not helping me right now)

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 06:56 PM
I said before that i dont know anything about turkish politics and only really pay attention to uk politics and America as these will effect me directly.

And i said that i would support someone who gives rights to muslims, puts us in the best of light, and does not allow the media to constantly bash our religion and make us out to be dirty barbaric terrorists, which the west practically shoves down our throat everyday. There is no muslim country who stands up for their religion even those overseas, eg look at saudi oil rich still trading with the west while on a daily it bashes our beloved religion, now if they stopped all of that, the west would be at their mercy not the other way around.
So like i said anyone who promotes Islam and will not allow anyone to insult our beliefs or take away our rights to practice, i will support

I would never support a coup like this where innocent people are injured or harmed or killed which ended up happening, and for reasons which tbh arent exactly clear as to why
the only coup i would ever support would be in America if that turd trump becomes president i would 100% fully support the takedown of his government

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Can someone please tell me who this "gulen" guy is and what exactly he follows (google is not helping me right now)
he is a religious (Islamic) cleric who lives in self-imposed exile in the USA. He helped Erdogan get into power and to curb the power of the military, since Turkey used to be a secular repressive society, restricting religious freedoms. However, in 2012, the Erdogan government decided to shut down the Gulen run "cram schools" which prepare students for college, and Gulen criticized the response to Gezi park protests in Istanbul (which was violent). The protests were over the building of a mosque in a nature park area. Finally, things got REAL bad in 2013 when Judiciary officials accused senior AKP officials and their affiliates of smuggling gold for oil from Iran, thus violating sanctions on Iran.......Erdogan's two sons, and many AKP officials were arrested, and a tape was found of Erdogan telling his son to "nullify" the cash due to ongoing investigations. Shoeboxes were found with millions of dollars in them, presumably bribes. Erdogan called the tapes a "nasty, shameless, and dastardly montage," and accused Gulen's supporters of using their influence within the police and judiciary to launch a "judiciary coup", thus, Erdogan demoted and fired many judges and police officers, and replaced them with those loyal to him. Later, he accused Gulen supporters of "wiretapping" his phone, and he accused the Gulen movement of being a "parallel government" and declared them a terrorist organization, and anyone who made donations to them or had links to them would be arrested, even if it was money for zakat....read about it here....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkis...ement_conflict

sister herb
07-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Currently, the Muslim world is weak, and to challenge Israel means suicide for that Muslim nation. So, better not. Erdogan is smart and realizes that.
It is better to die standing than to live crawling.

Search
07-16-2016, 08:33 PM

It is better to die standing than to live crawling.
Lol, one would think so, but the reality is so different: Don't worry - in the end - Israel will fail, because in the end-time prophecies it is clear that the fate of the nation is a bad one and it is primarily because God records injustices even if the world turns the other way.

If a Muslim person in real life is starving, he's even allowed to eat the meat of a pig even though pork is forbidden to us generally at any other time. In that same way, I think survival of a nation and security of its people is paramount and the bigger priority than feel-good principles that will result in destruction of a nation and its peoples.

See, you and I can afford principles, because the survival of peoples and a nation doesn't rest on us.

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Yasmin*
Mustafa16, are you a PKK supporter or Gulen follower?
if yes, maybe that explains your support for the military coup against Erdogan goverment...
gulen follower.....or at least my family is, I don't feel one way or another about the movement

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Yes there was a military coup attempt last night in Turkey. It has totally failed within half a day. Most probably that was planned and supported by Fethullah Gulen movement (an Islamist movement) who were in hand with AKP before but is being persecuted by Erdogan currently. 161 people died so far and may injured. they even attacked the Parliament in Ankara.
A baseless accusation......

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Turkey has just shut down Incirlik air base, which is used in the fight against ISIS/Daesh.
http://www.samaa.tv/international/20...-us-consulate/

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 08:40 PM

I am politically against Erdogan with the similar reasons of Mustafa16. He popped up as if a Muslim leader which Turkey has been waiting for a long time but He and many other AKP politicians turned into tyrants easily.. but the worst elected government is better than a military coup. So I am happy that it couldnt succeed
In fact, I'd say Erdogan orchestrated the coup as a false flag attack in order to seize more control over the judiciary and military.

sister herb
07-16-2016, 08:53 PM
Salam alaykum

Lol, one would think so, but the reality is so different
Reality is, in fact, that if we stay passive and be friend with our enemy, we remain weak.

Serinity
07-16-2016, 09:14 PM
With the help of Allah we can come back to power and resist israel. In the name of Allah and to bring Islam to mankind.

We have to ask "who are we fighting for? What are we fighting for? Why are we fighting?" We fight for Allah and that means, afaik, bringing good to humanity and doing self-sacrifice in the name of Islam and for humanity's good.

with every step in the right direction and with right intentions, one will face opposition.

sister herb
07-16-2016, 10:01 PM
And what will happens in Turkey next? Any opinions? I can see that in there were a lot of internal problems already before this trying of coup.

Mustafa16
07-16-2016, 10:46 PM
And what will happens in Turkey next? Any opinions? I can see that in there were a lot of internal problems already before this trying of coup.
now Erdogan will seize the opportunity to purge the judiciary and army of all people not loyal to him, and replace them with those loyal to him. he will also use this to rally support for a presidential system of government, much like the us, rather than a parliamentary democracy

Search
07-16-2016, 11:03 PM

I understand, sis herb, what you're saying but perhaps in this instance I cannot agree. I'd say wisdom is part of how we should ideally operate as Muslims (as Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Wisdom is the lost property of the believer; so wherever he finds it then he has a right to it" and we also learn from the story relayed of Prophet Solomon (peace be upon him) the importance of using wisdom in judgment when both mothers claimed the child as her own), and it would be most unwise at this moment in time for any Muslim nation to challenge Israel and the one who would do it does it to his own and his nation's detriment. Considering the enemy's power, it is wiser and safer to play nice and remain on friendly terms so as to prevent their harm from further befalling us in the Muslim world.

Salam alaykum

Reality is, in fact, that if we stay passive and be friend with our enemy, we remain weak.

Search
07-16-2016, 11:16 PM

Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "If Sham became corrupt, then the whole world is corrupted."

Well, that saying 1400 years ago has become true as Sham has been corrupted.

Now there is no power on earth that can help set things aright until heavenly intervention of Allah bringing in relief with Mahdi alayhis salaam (peace be upon him) arriving on the world scene and the Return of Jesus alayhis salaam (peace be upon him).

Until then, we must be patient.

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
With the help of Allah we can come back to power and resist israel. In the name of Allah and to bring Islam to mankind.

We have to ask "who are we fighting for? What are we fighting for? Why are we fighting?" We fight for Allah and that means, afaik, bringing good to humanity and doing self-sacrifice in the name of Islam and for humanity's good.

with every step in the right direction and with right intentions, one will face opposition.

muslimah_B
07-16-2016, 11:16 PM

I understand, sis herb, what you're saying but perhaps in this instance I cannot agree. I'd say wisdom is part of how we should ideally operate as Muslims (as Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Wisdom is the lost property of the believer; so wherever he finds it then he has a right to it" and we also learn from the story relayed of Prophet Solomon (peace be upon him) the importance of using wisdom in judgment when both mothers claimed the child as her own), and it would be most unwise at this moment in time for any Muslim nation to challenge Israel and the one who would do it does it to his own and his nation's detriment. Considering the enemy's power, it is wiser and safer to play nice and remain on friendly terms so as to prevent their harm from further befalling us in the Muslim world.

Its definitely a hard situation to be in, being friendly with your enemy to keep your country at peace and protect your countrymen/women
Or go to war with them and probally have the wrath of the usa & uk on their backs aswell 3 against one (i mean who is going to come to rhe aid of turkey? Or even anyone who goes against isreal

And just completely flattening them with a devistating attack is out of the question, waaay too many innocent lives will be lost, but i just cant help but think why in the heck do they just not "get rid" of these stupid government buildings and done, nobody innocent will be lost there, keep it small and contained... end of....then after that syria needs saving, then after that we say bye to turdalot (trumpalot) and that french clown and whoever else...

(Im highly sarcastic but i honestly wouldnt feel the least bit sad if this is what actually happens, maybe id even be happy)

(Maybe these "isis/daesh/isl" could take a page out of my book and stop terrorizing innocent people and actually do something to the dimwits who started this :/)

talibilm
07-17-2016, 12:29 AM

Kindly read this link and decide who is the best for the Muslim Ummah now in times of Fitna of isis and Bombings at Sacred Medina when western media is trying to create more confusion with Erdogan's Photos that he was seeking asylum and fleeing turkey

10 Shameful Examples of Western Media “Reporting” On Turkey Coup

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/07/16/...n-turkey-coup/

Mustafa16
07-17-2016, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
Kindly read this link and decide who is the best for the Muslim Ummah now in times of Fitna of isis and Bombings at Sacred Medina when western media is trying to create more confusion with Erdogan's Photos that he was seeking asylum and fleeing turkey

10 Shameful Examples of Western Media “Reporting” On Turkey Coup

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/07/16/...n-turkey-coup/
it doesn't change the fact that Erdogan is a dictator........hopefully they'll put him in prison.

sister herb
07-17-2016, 07:19 AM
We have here two media sources to choose, which we are ready to "believe": the western one and the Erdogan one. We know surely that both of them write partly truth and partly propaganda. I wish I could hear also the third one (or more if possible) which means the opposition parts in Turkey, so those whose disagree the rule of Erdogan and whose aren´t too much westernize. But is there kind of sources or has Erdogan already silences all of them?

As I see this situation, this "coup" gives to him more opportunities to silence his opponents and critics and calling them as terrorists. Some news have claimed that all this coup was actually Erdogan´s own plan to strengthen his own power and few hundred victims was quite small price for it.

But this too might be only a propaganda against the rule of Erdogan.

Yahya.
07-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Someone who is supporting the coup is not aware of turkish history. If they would succeed they would arrest and execute many muslims, like it happened in the past. All turkish scholars, whether they are sufi or salafi, pro government or anti-govermnent agree that muslims should be against the coup, not for democracy, but to defend their rights, which will be violated if the coup succeeds. It's not the matter of Erdogan but of all muslims living in turkey.

There were even some people who deleted their accounts, because they thought that a successful coup took place and didn't want to get in danger...

sister herb
07-17-2016, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YahyaIbnSelam
If they would succeed they would arrest and execute many muslims, like it happened in the past.
I am against the coups and as well against the democraticly elected leaders whose use their power wrongly but how come this your sentence might be true? After the coup failed, government too have arrested many Muslims and they also plan to start using the death penalty - so execute their political opponents as well - the fellow Muslims.

I see it´s very danger if we ever at least to imply that people behind that coup wouldn´t be as Muslims as the supporters of the government are. If we do it, we are using the religion as a weapon against other Muslims and for our own political perchants.

^ Focusing: I don´t blame you said so, that was only my notion.

piXie
07-17-2016, 10:13 AM
it doesn't change the fact that Erdogan is a dictator........hopefully they'll put him in prison.
And then what? Do you want turkey to become like Egypt?

And how is he a dictator when he was democratically elected by 48% of the people?

I am not saying that I support Erdogan but I think we need to look at the bigger picture here.

You are quite young and have a lot to learn.

muslimah_B
07-17-2016, 10:35 AM
I am against the coups and as well against the democraticly elected leaders whose use their power wrongly but how come this your sentence might be true? After the coup failed, government too have arrested many Muslims and they also plan to start using the death penalty - so execute their political opponents as well - the fellow Muslims.

I see it´s very danger if we ever at least to imply that people behind that coup wouldn´t be as Muslims as the supporters of the government are. If we do it, we are using the religion as a weapon against other Muslims and for our own political perchants.

What they done is basically treason and it carries the death penalty in many countries including the uk & usa and many other countries, it would include hanging, death by firing squad, drowning, (wether they still actually carry it out is another thing but from what i remember treason is still punishable by death)

It was also carried out in the battle of the trench, when the tribe of jews broke their treaty with prophet mohammed s.a.w and turnd against him s.a.w with the Quraysh & other jewish tribes, as they (the jewish tribe who swore allegiance to prophet mohammed s.a.w) commited treason it was punishable by death & they choose it to be by the way of the Torah

As for this whole situation wether the coup had any grounds,
from what im hearing they wanted to go back to being a "secular" country with no religious ties and Erdogan had a islamic approach and was making the country muslim (so tbh if this is true then im for the country being muslim LOL)
Too many muslim countries are bowing down to the west and westernising themselves, getting rid of their islamic identity, their religious principles, if they want to mordenise themselves with state of the art transport, technology, better buildings, etc etc Alhamdulilah but why do they have to westernise themselves and allow western influence to take over
Its like now being a westerner comes before being muslim, why would i want a muslim country to be a secular country with no religon, without religion ruling the country, laws came from our religion not man

kritikvernunft
07-17-2016, 11:12 AM
also, Erdogan is turning turkey into a police state
Every National State is always a secret-service police state. That is simply the nature of the beast. In fact, that was apparently already the case in Turkey during the last century of the Ottoman Empire. The problem is rather that Erdogan seems to have lost control over a relevant part of his secret-service police state. That is why the coup was possible in the first place.
committing war crimes in southeastern turkey
That is the real existential problem of the Turkish National State.

If you switch over from a tribal conglomerate, that was the Ottoman Empire, to a National Turkish State, you will immediately run into the problem that -- no matter how you define the borders of such state -- not all demographics in your Turkish National State will be Turkish.

The idea that you could browbeat an ethnic group like the Kurds into submission, is quite misguided. Either you kill all of them, or else you kill pretty much none, because doing anything in between, will just make the surviving group stronger, and usually much more unmanageable too.

Somalia taught the world that helicopters are not valid military equipment. The Iraq occupation taught the world that armoured vehicles are a joke. The bluff is getting called every day now. I suspect that the current wars will sooner or later reveal that fighter jets and drones, in fact, do not work either. The system of National State is running out of military options. But then again, I do not like the system of National State anyway. So, the current evolution suits me perfectly fine.

I wonder why anybody would call Erdogan an islamist? He is rather a Turkish National Statist, isn't he? I am quite sure that he believes in the legitimacy of a satanic ***** that would have the right to suck you dry and tell you what to do. Where exactly in the Quran would that kind of system be described as legitimate? In other words, how can anybody simultaneously be an Islamist and a Turkish National Statist?

Yahya.
07-17-2016, 12:25 PM

You think the people behind the coup are muslims?

Search
07-17-2016, 02:09 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
I wonder why anybody would call Erdogan an islamist? He is rather a Turkish National Statist, isn't he?
Yes, Erdogan is not an Islamist: that's just a projection and scaremongering term that the Western media uses to primarily describe specific instances of his sometimes pro-Muslim policies though if the Western media was more unbiased in its reporting they would see it as part of pro-religious-liberties.

While Turkey is considered officially located in the part of Middle East, it is also many times held mistakenly, due to its proximity to Western European countries, as part of Europe. Tbh, while Turkey is on good terms with Western countries, the Western countries have a "needs must when the devil drives" relationship with Turkey, which is why during the reporting of the coup, this bias against democratically-elected Erdogan was clear.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@sister herb Like you, I do not believe President Erdogan is right to curtail the freedom of the press or to go on an arresting spree in the aftermath of the coup (though the latter is understandable as he has to move fast or there might be another coup attempt and one that might succeed). Tbh, I'd have bet a pretty penny before this sad turn of events that Turkey was the only remaining country in the Middle East that was currently stable and I'd have lost as is now obvious. For some in the Turkish military (as it clearly wasn't a unified military decision) to try to attempt a coup when the country under Erdogan's power was becoming an economic superpower and also a force to be reckoned with in geopolitical affairs was quite unwise and shortsighted and would have opened the floodgates to a bloody civil war as the electorate who'd voted in favor of Erdogan's favor would naturally have tried to wrestle back power from the military who'd unilaterally bypassed the will of the people. Tbh, while outwardly Western nations profess Turkey as an ally, they resent so having to do so because they do not like any Muslim nation to have any bargaining power or strength enough to be able to have any say or will that opposes theirs in Middle Eastern affairs.

kritikvernunft
07-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Turkey was the only remaining country in the Middle East that was currently stable
That assumes that a national state would fundamentally be a stable thing.

That is an assumption similar to the idea that paper money would fundamentally be a stable thing. That assumption is in direct violation of the Law of Voltaire; Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero. Often rather quickly. According to Voltaire's Law, it takes an ever-growing amount of effort to produce the illusion of stability of paper money, which will at some point exceed the maximum effort that could ever be produced. From that point on, the terminal decline of the value of paper money will set in.

The national state suffers from the same problem, for pretty much the same underlying reasons, and must inevitably go through the same process of decline. In the meanwhile, such national state would still ask its population to produce the ever-growing amount of effort required to keep it stable, even after it has exceeded the maximum effort that this population could ever produce. In other words, the end of the national state will invariably come to most people as a relief. No more need to keep that monster going. Let it collapse and enjoy the sight!

Why would anybody actually need a state?
At the moment, we only have them as a tool to keep other states out. However, technology is rapidly making non-state actors more effective than states at their core business of the use of force. If the state has become technologically obsolete, what would be the point in keeping it?

cooterhein
07-18-2016, 08:47 PM
Salam alaykum

This reminds me of some specific lyrics from a song by 21 Pilots.

"I'd die for you," that's easy to say
We have a list of people that we would take
A bullet for them, a bullet for you
A bullet for everybody in this room
But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through
See many bullets coming through
Metaphorically, I'm the man
But literally, I don't know what I'd do
And for the record, there are friends of the United States all over this world that have become incredibly strong and stable and prosperous. Friendship with the US is generally very good for a country. I will acknowledge that it's bad for individual people whose main goal in life is to engage in religious coercion, but that's really addition by subtraction. Life isn't supposed to be good for that kind of person.

Search
07-19-2016, 02:48 AM

So, I think you're misunderstanding sis herb here: She's not referring to friendship with U.S. but Israel here and that's because she herself from what I remember (and she can correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly) is that she's a human rights activist and she's worked with Palestinians in many cases in her home country of Finland and helped them settle there and find peace and meaning in their new home country. So, I think she understands the situation better than you and I in terms of the human rights violations that occurs in West Bank and the horror stories that exist and about which we don't ever hear.

Secondly, I'm an American myself. I dislike our longstanding unnecessary involvement in Middle Eastern affairs due to our dastardly alliance with Israel because I do think many times Israel is like a puppeteer and we let it pull our strings even though we're the world's number one superpower and don't need to kowtow to Israel. Also, I'd say Israel has to be my least favorite country in the entire globe followed then by Russia followed by then China.

And of course, while I agree with you that friends of U.S. do get strong and stable and prosperous in some rare cases, there is nothing like what we do and have done for Israel as the example to be used for this and if you don't believe me, I'd advise you to do your own research into the kinds of things we have done and do for Israel which to me as just an observer makes absolutely no sense considering the fact that U.S. top priority should be its own citizens instead of minding Israel's business like Robin to its Batman except like in a twilight zone type of thing or parallel universe thingy where we play the game of villainy for a clear villain.

This reminds me of some specific lyrics from a song by 21 Pilots.

"I'd die for you," that's easy to say
We have a list of people that we would take
A bullet for them, a bullet for you
A bullet for everybody in this room
But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through
See many bullets coming through
Metaphorically, I'm the man
But literally, I don't know what I'd do
And for the record, there are friends of the United States all over this world that have become incredibly strong and stable and prosperous. Friendship with the US is generally very good for a country. I will acknowledge that it's bad for individual people whose main goal in life is to engage in religious coercion, but that's really addition by subtraction. Life isn't supposed to be good for that kind of person.

cooterhein
07-19-2016, 02:57 AM
That assumes that a national state would fundamentally be a stable thing.

That is an assumption similar to the idea that paper money would fundamentally be a stable thing. That assumption is in direct violation of the Law of Voltaire; Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero. Often rather quickly. According to Voltaire's Law, it takes an ever-growing amount of effort to produce the illusion of stability of paper money, which will at some point exceed the maximum effort that could ever be produced. From that point on, the terminal decline of the value of paper money will set in.

The national state suffers from the same problem, for pretty much the same underlying reasons, and must inevitably go through the same process of decline. In the meanwhile, such national state would still ask its population to produce the ever-growing amount of effort required to keep it stable, even after it has exceeded the maximum effort that this population could ever produce. In other words, the end of the national state will invariably come to most people as a relief. No more need to keep that monster going. Let it collapse and enjoy the sight!

Why would anybody actually need a state?
At the moment, we only have them as a tool to keep other states out. However, technology is rapidly making non-state actors more effective than states at their core business of the use of force. If the state has become technologically obsolete, what would be the point in keeping it?
A state is necessary because, in a vacuum of total instability, there is essentially a constant state of war. Unrestricted, no international law, no Geneva convention, literally no holds barred war.

Thomas Hobbes is frequently quoted on the subject. In the absence of a state, and as a precursor to central government, which is presumed to be pretty much a state of war, this is what it's like.

"In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short."
Thomas Hobbes, from The Leviathan.

It can, and has, been pointed out that Thomas Hobbes died at the age of 91, in relative comfort, in the presence of his family. But that is not because his prediction failed, it is because his proposed remedy for the anarchy type of situation was so effective, and he was one of the main people responsible for its success.
Islamic regions are giving us several examples of what it looks like to be, in effect, stateless, or to some extent for an area to be outside the normal realm of control for any particular state. How is that working out in the Levant, or in Waziristan?
If you were living in an anarcho-whatever type of place, how do you think education would be there? What would be your replacement for a police force? What are the odds that an average pregnant woman would have a skilled professional with her during birth? What would academia look like overall? Who would ensure that you have potable water- would you do it yourself, or would you hope that a charitable organization from a place with a proper government takes care of it for you? How would the roads be kept up, would you do that yourself? Who would pay you for it, and how would that be financed?
All of these are super relevant examples of things that a state does besides keep people out of it, although yes it does regulate borders and prevent people from invading, beheading you, and taking your female relatives as sex slaves. Apart from that though, there is so much that a state does that makes everyday life much easier and safer, from preventing corruption to forcing employers and anyone else to honor contracts to getting around to the quality and safety of basic dietary necessities, insofar as the state is effective in carrying out its intended functions.

This is not a conclusion that should be difficult for you to arrive at. But if you have a convincing reason to push back against this line of thinking, I do hope it's a good one, and I do ask you to consider whether there's any chance at all that I would think it's a good one once you put it out there.

kritikvernunft
07-21-2016, 12:39 AM
A first problem here is related to the method of thinking and the way in which you offer validation for your claims. Depending on how the statement has been validated, it will acquire another truth value. The truth status of a claim could be:

• Tautologically true. Example. All men are human. This is so, just by definition, given the fact that a man is defined as a male human.
  • Provable. Meaning that all untruth in the claim can only be the result of untruth in an explicitly-stated list of underlying statements, possibly, recursively, turtles all the way down to some basic statements that we ordinarily designate as axioms. Statements are provable only within an axiomatic system. Example. The claim that 3 < 5 is provable, since 5 is an element of the succession chain (repeated application of the successor function) of 3. Another example: participating in a lottery is forbidden behaviour in Islam because the Quran condemns gambling.
  • Falsifiable. Meaning that we can conduct experimental testing in order to find counterexamples for the claim. Example. We can repeatedly cook water to 100 degrees and verify that it will start boiling.
  • Corroborated. Ultimately we always rely on testimonies as to whether facts have truly occurred. Fact-checking is an important method for historians and other professions. Note that this method only verifies if one particular event has taken place. It does not say anything about the repetition of such events and certainly does not try to predict the future. Example. John was born on 15 Jan 2001. Why? We have three witness depositions of people who were present at his birth: two nurses and a doctor. All three signed off as witnesses for this fact.

Unsubstantiated. No accredited method has been used to validate the claim. Therefore such claim is neither true nor false. It could be either. In non-Aristotelian, many-valued logic, it could even be both. Therefore, in absence of real validation, a claim must be considered merely ideological.

To cut a long story short, everything that you have said about the alleged necessity of a National State are not tautologically-true, nor provable, neither falsifiable, and not even corroborated, but merely unsubstantiated ideological claims.

Concerning your and Hobbes' claims in detail:

• A state is necessary because, in a vacuum of total instability, there is essentially a constant state of war
  • "international law Geneva convention" would be needed
  • In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain
  • consequently no Culture of the Earth
  • no Navigation nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea
  • no commodious Building
  • no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force
  • no Knowledge of the face of the Earth
  • no account of Time
  • no Arts; no Letters
  • no Society
  • continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short.

A first remark is that there is a tremendous amount of confusion between progress in technology and National States. The State has never produced any progress in technology. The State's core instrument is the use of force, while technology, on the other hand, is the result of freely collaborating individuals. It is especially the freely aspect that makes technology people so libertarian.

For example, you can find the technologically most-advanced communities from the globe on the tor network, where there is absolutely no State nor government in place whatsoever. In fact, it is exactly the freedom from States and governments that make these communities so technologically advanced. The reason why the technology clan is hardcore libertarian, anti-Statist, is exactly because the State is an impediment to progress, if only because its incessant use of force disturbs us while freely collaborating. Hence, there is no love lost between technology and the State.
Islamic regions are giving us several examples of what it looks like to be, in effect, stateless, or to some extent for an area to be outside the normal realm of control for any particular state. How is that working out in the Levant, or in Waziristan?
Well, you can of course easily prove that Waziristan is always in state of war, if you incessantly drone-bomb the people there. The same holds true for the Levant. It is not hard to prove that there will always be a war going on there, if you continuously have fighter jets bombing the area. The place can impossible settle down in those circumstances. The same holds true for Somalia.

One important reason why these places remain at war, is because outside powers try to impose their views on government there. They want to impose a National State under their control there.

What you are claiming amounts to saying: If you incessantly keep bombing Islamic regions, they will not be doing well. My answer to that is: Yes, you are right. I totally agree.

education, police force, skilled professional with her during birth, academia, potable water- would you do it yourself, the roads be kept up, would you do that yourself? Who would pay you for it, and how would that be financed?
When the State establishes a monopoly on a particular activity, say, formal education, it will indeed become the only source of education. It is not hard for the State to establish monopolies. All that they need to do, is to use their core instrument: the use of force. So, yes, since the State will use force to prevent anybody else from providing education services, the only remaining provider, the State, will indeed look absolutely necessary.

It is not that the State would be doing a good job in the field of education, or that people would not want other service providers. It is rather that the State will prevent this from happening by using guns and state-orchestrated violence.

The same holds true for everything else you mentioned. The State will prevent at gunpoint that anybody else dares to solve any of the problems that you have mentioned. This does not mean, however, that the State will actually solve it by itself. More often than not, the problem will just remain unsolved. Example. We need a road somewhere. The State will not build it, because they do not want to. At the same time, they will prevent at gunpoint that anybody else would do it.

So, yes, now that the State has become necessary, because otherwise nobody else will exercise its monopolies, the State needs lots of money. Of course, you are not supposed to mention the problem that there is absolutely no link or relationship between the amounts of money that the State will extort from its population and the amounts actually needed to exercise its monopolies.

The State is entirely predicated on the use of force and State-orchestrated violence. The use of force itself is nowadays very much predicated on the use of technology, At the same time, technology itself is the product of the technology clan, and not the State. From there, you can probably understand why the technology clan keeps asking the State if they really count on us for continuing and expanding their systems of mischief, because we are not their friends at all, and we are totally unreliable when it comes to assisting the State in their use and abuse of force.

prevent people from invading, beheading you, and taking your female relatives as sex slaves.
The use of force requires at least two important ingredients. One: the determination and will power to do do what it takes Two: technology.

Concerning will power, you and I know that, for example, the Islamist extremists score several orders of magnitude higher in terms of will power and determination than the staff of any State armies, police, or other security departments. If it were only an issue of will power, the State would not even exist.

Concerning technology, you and I know that it is the hardcore-libertarian technology clan that controls it. One weird thing about technology is that you need to understand it, in order to control it. States do not understand anything at all. People do. As soon as you understand technology, you will get heavily influenced by collaborating with other people in the clan, and gradually but surely adopt hardcore libertarian views. We are fundamentally anti-Statist. Therefore, the State should never count on the clan, because one of our hobbies is to incessantly stab the State in the back.

Furthermore, we do not make any technology a secret. In fact, we refuse to do that. It would prevent us from collaborating freely. Therefore, most technology leaks almost immediately, and is accessible not just to the State but also to its enemies. Seriously, we like it that way. This levels the playing field. Therefore, you can expect that on the long run only one fact really matters: will power. As you know, the staff of State security departments have pretty much zero credibility in that realm. Their enemies look much stronger in that respect. In other words, you probably understand who I think will win the ongoing conflict between National States and Islamist Extremists.

But then again, this suits me absolutely fine, because I find National States several orders of magnitude more detestable than the Extremists.

Mustafa16
07-21-2016, 03:00 AM
Erdgoan has just declared a three month long state of emergency, and continues to fire civil servants and/or put them in prison.....he also has banned academics from leaving the country......I swear turkey's headed down the path of Nazi Germany....

Search
07-21-2016, 03:11 AM

Make duas that the innocent jailed are freed from incarceration and that the matter of traitors is resolved in a way that ensures stability and peace for Turkey. And also, pray that despite what has happened, Turkey emerges stronger as a country from it and that the emergency called in the state is soon uplifted so that people can breathe a sigh of relief.

Btw, I know you don't like what's happening. And I know that you have no sympathy or like for President Erdogan, and I completely understand that and respect that too.

At the same time, I ask you to be grateful that Allah has saved Turkish peoples from falling into a bigger fitna like a civil war and also prevented bigger bloodshed.

Also, instead of criticizing Erdogan or fearing him, pray that God guides him to rule with both mercy and justice in a way that brings relief and prosperity to Turkey.

Erdgoan has just declared a three month long state of emergency, and continues to fire civil servants and/or put them in prison.....he also has banned academics from leaving the country......I swear turkey's headed down the path of Nazi Germany....

Mustafa16
07-21-2016, 03:34 AM

Make duas that the innocent jailed are freed from incarceration and that the matter of traitors is resolved in a way that ensures stability and peace for Turkey. And also, pray that despite what has happened, Turkey emerges stronger as a country from it and that the emergency called in the state is soon uplifted so that people can breathe a sigh of relief.

Btw, I know you don't like what's happening. And I know that you have no sympathy or like for President Erdogan, and I completely understand that and respect that too.

At the same time, I ask you to be grateful that Allah has saved Turkish peoples from falling into a bigger fitna like a civil war and also prevented bigger bloodshed.

Also, instead of criticizing Erdogan or fearing him, pray that God guides him to rule with both mercy and justice in a way that brings relief and prosperity to Turkey.

I suppose youre right.....the military is probably even worse......my parents lived through the days of the 1980-1989 military coup, and let me tell you, it was awful.......ill pray that those detained who are innocent are released and that the state of emergency is lifted, and that Turkey becomes stable....

kritikvernunft
07-21-2016, 05:01 AM
We have to contend with more than 200+ National States - of which Erdogan's Turkey is just one - and that -- more often than not -- exhibit utterly detestable behaviour. While sitting between the devil and the deep blue sea, it is undoubtedly a viable temporary strategy of contending and putting up with Erdogan, because the alternative actually looks even worse.

There is nothing wrong with putting military, policemen, and civil servants in prison. On the contrary, this is rather a desirable outcome. If he could put ALL of them in prison, Erdogan would be effectively be rolling out the real solution to this problem. Unfortunately, some of the aforementioned individuals are still roaming around freely. Therefore, Erdogan's solution must be considered incomplete, at best. If Erdogan feels like reintroducing the death penalty -- but applicable to the aforementioned individuals only -- I would totally endorse his plan. Seriously, why not? For what reason would this not be A Good Thing (tm) ?

Mustafa16
07-21-2016, 05:06 AM
We have to contend with more than 200+ National States - of which Erdogan's Turkey is just one - and that -- more often than not -- exhibit utterly detestable behaviour. While sitting between the devil and the deep blue sea, it is undoubtedly a viable temporary strategy of contending and putting up with Erdogan, because the alternative actually looks even worse.

There is nothing wrong with putting military, policemen, and civil servants in prison. On the contrary, this is rather a desirable outcome. If he could put ALL of them in prison, Erdogan would be effectively be rolling out the real solution to this problem. Unfortunately, some of the aforementioned individuals are still roaming around freely. Therefore, Erdogan's solution must be considered incomplete, at best. If Erdogan feels like reintroducing the death penalty -- but applicable to the aforementioned individuals only -- I would totally endorse his plan. Seriously, why not? For what reason would this not be A Good Thing (tm) ?
are you kidding me? 21,000 of those fired or arrested ARE NOT SOLDIERS they are TEACHERS.....Professors are BANNED from LEAVING the country, and 3,000 judges have been dismissed....all for ties to the gulen movement! I see a serious problem with the muslim world today, and that is the inability to confront tyrants.....

kritikvernunft
07-21-2016, 06:13 AM
are you kidding me? 21,000 of those fired or arrested ARE NOT SOLDIERS they are TEACHERS.....Professors are BANNED from LEAVING the country, and 3,000 judges have been dismissed....all for ties to the gulen movement! I see a serious problem with the muslim world today, and that is the inability to confront tyrants.....
Well, I agree that I am always on the floor laughing when the rather violent types, such as soldiers and policemen, get a taste of their own medecine. Concerning the teachers and professors, I am also more careful, because their weapon is not the use of force but the use of deception. As you know, Satan never, ever uses force. Satan only misleads you. Seriously, Satan's ONLY weapon is deception. That is, of course, the weapon that teachers and professors are also very proficient at using. Since they teach things like: Take off your headscarf because it is better for you!, I would indeed not shoot at them but rather say to them something like: Drink this because it is also better for you!

Concerning the judges, I would simply say: If you beat up that judge for no reason at all, this time, it is me instead of him who will be most helpful in justifying your injustices.

Concerning Gulen, he is indeed a fantastic excuse for getting even with people who needed a lesson anyway. I would also accuse lots of people of having ties with him. If I don't like you, you must also be some kind of Gulen supporter! Just in case Gulen is no longer useful in that role, I would even appoint a second person in this role of guilty-by-definition. Let's call this second evil person Nelug. From there on, everybody associated in any way with Nelug must also be punished!

Seriously, if you want a National State, you must also desire and embrace its purges and other obnoxious sides. Otherwise, you are inconsistent.

I would create a copy of the ertswhile All-Soviet State Directorate for hunting down, apprending, and neutralizing State enemies. The true nature of the National State is : paranoia. Everybody is a potential enemy. As a National State, we get even with real enemies, but also with potential, and even imaginary ones. I love it when the National State lashes out. It is truly evil. It then shows its true nature.

Seriously, this is the perfect time to denounce everybody to the Gestapo, that you do not like. Fill out the accusation forms already! Now is the perfect time to denounce your neighbour! There is no more fun than denouncing! So much fun! Don't make the mistake of liking the same girl as me, because you are going to regret it. First I will blackmail you, and if you do not pay up, I will denounce you, so that you land in prison forever. They will never release you. This is a fantastic game. I really feel like jumping on the plane, flying to Turkey, and join in on the denunciation fest already!

Physicist
07-22-2016, 06:01 AM
Looks like this coup was used as a performance to scare people and make them support Erdogan, to confuse international community and justify repressions which were the real goal of this performance.
Forbidding scientists to live country may have only one reason: to prevent them from emigration, to force them to do things which they wouldn't do voluntarily. Like it was in ussr, where scientists were put to the jails with criminals first, then moved to a softer jails in exchange for cooperation with regime.
And there's nothing about religion. Oppressors likes to use distorted dogms to control masses via hypocrisy.
Just a point of view, i know nothing about turkey's politics but on the first look i've got such an impression.

yasin ibn Ahmad
07-22-2016, 01:51 PM
appearantly Mustafa 16 is from Gulen movement who made this military coup.So dont believe him.Actually it is not real military coup it is a coup of soldiers who are member of gulen movement.Fetullah Gulen claims himself as the Mahdi.His members are everywhere in Turkey.military, police, education ,politics but they hide themselves.Some experts say that this gulen movement is like Ahmadiyye movement in India.
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/tarihe-ge...undem-2280552/
Look at the news in the link.His man a judge declared him mahdi in a court decision.
lastly gulen's soldiers threw bombs from Turkish jets on innocent and unarmed Turkish people at the coup night.tanks went over people killed them.some soldiers shot unarmed civillians at several places in Turkey.
And this Mustafa 16 says Erdogan is crook or dictator.
Shame on you Mustafa 16.If you still support this gulen shaitan you are guilty as much as him.Ya eyyuhel muslimin dont believe this gulenist freaks.millions of people(Muslims) were on the streets at that night.Alhamdolillah , Allah protected us from this wicked US guided Gulen and his sinister men among us.Remember they had jets , tanks , and guns against innocent unarmed civillians.they killed hundreds of people at that night.

yasin ibn Ahmad
07-22-2016, 01:57 PM
yaa sister dont listen to media listen to your sisters and brothers in Turkey if you are Muslim.You will find the answer.This gulenists are hypocrates.Listen to the Quran 'O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.' (Quran 49-6)

yasin ibn Ahmad
07-22-2016, 02:05 PM
France is under state of emergency for nearly nine months.Why?because they needed it. Turkey needs it more than France.Dont manipulate people here.Sister and brothers hundreds were killed by this gulenist men using jets tanks and guns.Dont you think the country needs a state of emergency?dont believe this gulenist Mustafa 16.Listen to the Quran 49:6 'O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.'

yasin ibn Ahmad
07-22-2016, 02:10 PM
this wasnt a performance of scare that night.People were killed by gulenist soldiers.all the media in turkey pro or against Erdogan admits this was an action of US guided Fetullah Gulen.No doubt.Follow the Muslim media!Why a Muslim would believe non muslim media I dont understand.

yasin ibn Ahmad
07-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Have you asked the people in Gaza about this agreement with Israel?Do you know what contains this agreement?Food and health supply for Gaza!Why did Hamas thank Erdogan for the agreement?We of course dont love israel as well.i am sure erdogan doesnt love israel personally.but this is international politics.ruling a country is not like running a house .everybody in the world has pros and cons.erdogan is one of them as well.most of the muslims in turkey loves erdogann because of his pros about muslims and Islam.Maybe you dont understand now or you dont see the clear picture.but soon you will understand how Turkey and Erdogan is important for all the Muslim in the world.a strong Turkey means a strong Muslim world.Read some history...you will see.

yasin ibn Ahmad
07-22-2016, 02:25 PM
If you dont believe me follow and read https://twitter.com/AkyolinEnglish Mustafa Akyol.Read his articles before the coup.See how he was against erdogan.and see him after the coup in the first minute.He didnt know the result of the coup when he talked against the coup.
this is Turkish tweeter account https://twitter.com/AkyolMustafa?lang=tr

Mustafa16
07-23-2016, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
this wasnt a performance of scare that night.People were killed by gulenist soldiers.all the media in turkey pro or against Erdogan admits this was an action of US guided Fetullah Gulen.No doubt.Follow the Muslim media!Why a Muslim would believe non muslim media I dont understand.
you have no proof of gulenist involvement other than baseless accusations by erdogan

kritikvernunft
07-23-2016, 05:26 AM
you have no proof of gulenist involvement other than baseless accusations by erdogan
Proof is not what matters. Erdogan has fired a large number of people accused of gulenism. Some of these jobs are considered important and make good money. These jobs are available now for staunch anti-gulenists. Therefore, now is the time to repudiate, reject, despise, disavow, and totally dismiss anything that reeks of gulenism. Seriously, you should be able to prove your allegiance to Erdogan by denouncing enough people. These people do not even need to be gulenist at all. It is more than enough that they could be gulenist. If there is no proof that they are NOT gulenist, you must consider them to be surely gulenist. I am telling you. Denounce them before they denounce you. If you manage to denounce enough gulenists, nobody will be able to denounce you too. Seriously, it is you or them. So, let it be them. Erdogan may very well reward you with one of the jobs that he has taken away from gulenists. These people must be punished so that you can have a good and well-paid job. That is the real truth about gulenism. I am telling you: Gulenism is evil. It stands between you and the money and power that you deserve. In that case, how can gulenism be something good? It can only be utterly evil, believe me.

Physicist
07-23-2016, 04:21 PM
It's hard to imagine better promotion for gulenism :)
Quality of followers says a lot about the leader.
Without even getting into gulenism, i'd rather believe that Gullen is potential Mahdi, than to conspiracy theory that so many intellectuals were fooled by some secta and hold extremely low disappointment/betrayal ratio.

cooterhein
07-23-2016, 07:55 PM
To cut a long story short, everything that you have said about the alleged necessity of a National State are not tautologically-true, nor provable, neither falsifiable, and not even corroborated, but merely unsubstantiated ideological claims.
That sure seems like a well practiced response. The Westphalian nation-state is basically the global standard, it came to be that way for reasons pertaining to overall effectiveness and pragmatism, and I think you just like to be a contrarian with a completely different idea because it makes you feel like the smartest person in the room. After all, everyone else is just lazy with their thinking but you are busy making intellectual discoveries that you lessers can't even comprehend. Is that about right?

At any rate. Let's take a look back at the British Isles and their varied relationship with Roman colonization, then we'll see what happens when military force and with it government is suddenly removed from the picture.

Fifth century. The decolonization of Roman Britain ws even more abrupt than that of Africa. Britain had the single largest unit of the Roman army, around 15 percent of the imperial force, paid for by astonishingly heavy taxation, which the people of Britain certainly did not appreciate whatsoever. Whoever was in charge of this army had the potential for conducting a coup d'etat. As the Empire hit political turbulence in the late fourth century, twice in 25 years the head of this army in Britain tried to become emperor.

Since the first attempt in 380 had failed, the leader of the second attempt in 403 decided to improve his chances by taking his army with him on a march toward Rome. He still lost, but in the process Britain suddenly lost its army. Since the Roman government in Britain had been military, not only did Britain lose its army, it lost its government. The history of Britain post-403 makes the post-colonial history of Africa look like a staggering success. Within a few years Britain had petitioned Rome to be re-colonized (!) even heavy taxation was preferable to loss of security and government. But Rome was in no position to do so at that time, so British society was on its own.

What followed was a descent into civil war. It never occurs to you that without any monopoly on violence, many people engage in unrestrained violence, yeah? There was a collapse of public goods to the extreme extent that the urban economy disappeared. Peole fled the country, the mass of emigrants across the Channel nostalgically naming their new home Brittany.

So this is our beginning, in Britain. It took Britain, and much of the rest of Europe, centuries before local thugs coalesced into miniature states, and it was a very long and arduous process.

So yes, monopolies on force are important, if difficult to navigate but they are essential. Let's remember the lesson of Britain and Brittany, the sudden removal of military and government was a disaster even if the Brits did not like much else about their situation.

Mustafa16
07-23-2016, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
appearantly Mustafa 16 is from Gulen movement who made this military coup.So dont believe him.Actually it is not real military coup it is a coup of soldiers who are member of gulen movement.Fetullah Gulen claims himself as the Mahdi.His members are everywhere in Turkey.military, police, education ,politics but they hide themselves.Some experts say that this gulen movement is like Ahmadiyye movement in India.
http://www.milliyet.com.tr/tarihe-ge...undem-2280552/
Look at the news in the link.His man a judge declared him mahdi in a court decision.
lastly gulen's soldiers threw bombs from Turkish jets on innocent and unarmed Turkish people at the coup night.tanks went over people killed them.some soldiers shot unarmed civillians at several places in Turkey.
And this Mustafa 16 says Erdogan is crook or dictator.
Shame on you Mustafa 16.If you still support this gulen shaitan you are guilty as much as him.Ya eyyuhel muslimin dont believe this gulenist freaks.millions of people(Muslims) were on the streets at that night.Alhamdolillah , Allah protected us from this wicked US guided Gulen and his sinister men among us.Remember they had jets , tanks , and guns against innocent unarmed civillians.they killed hundreds of people at that night.
again, where is your PROOF that gulen is behind this?

anatolian
07-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Erdogan and Gulen were two close friends once upon a time and now they want to kill each other. Time changes many things...But they **** on my country...:heated:

Mustafa16
07-24-2016, 05:34 AM
Erdogan and Gulen were two close friends once upon a time and now they want to kill each other. Time changes many things...But they **** on my country...:heated:
how does Gulen....do that....to your country???

OmAbdullah
07-24-2016, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Im afraid you don't know at all, especially if you think this coup is a good thing. May Allah make their attempts unsuccessful. Aameeen!

Aameen

cooterhein
07-25-2016, 09:53 PM
again, where is your PROOF that gulen is behind this?
Where? Exactly? Well, it's safely hidden away in a Mason jar that is sitting on top of Erdogan's fridge at home.

Just to avert confusion- I was not the person you asked, but that is definitely the correct answer.

Also, this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e2yHjc_mc

ebubekir01
08-19-2017, 03:04 PM

fetullah gulen is a USA based terrorist. his followers are terrorists too and they attempted a coup against elected president and Turkey! and they murdered 250 innocent ppl and injured about 2500 people.

if a so called "teacher" follow and obey a terrorist leader like fetullah gulen or abdullah ocalan(pkk leader) then he is not a legal teacher anymore. if a civil servant doesnt obey his chief but obey so called " gulen cult abi's (big brother) orders then he is not legal teacher anymore.

that doesnt matter which title they have. all gulenists are terrorists must be neutralize like all other terrorists around world (isis, pkk, eta, ira, boko haram etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
Looks like this coup was used as a performance to scare people and make them support Erdogan, to confuse international community and justify repressions which were the real goal of this performance.
Forbidding scientists to live country may have only one reason: to prevent them from emigration, to force them to do things which they wouldn't do voluntarily. Like it was in ussr, where scientists were put to the jails with criminals first, then moved to a softer jails in exchange for cooperation with regime.
And there's nothing about religion. Oppressors likes to use distorted dogms to control masses via hypocrisy.
Just a point of view, i know nothing about turkey's politics but on the first look i've got such an impression.

are you mentally ill? erdoğan is already 8 times elected president/prime minister/mayor for 25 years since istanbul mayor! %50 of Turkey people support erdoğan forever and love him so much. there is no other leader got that much vote and love now ! why he needs to kill his own people? how he persuaded coup plotters to attempt a coup and to get stuck in to the jail forever?

Mustafa16
08-19-2017, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ebubekir01
fetullah gulen is a USA based terrorist. his followers are terrorists too and they attempted a coup against elected president and Turkey! and they murdered 250 innocent ppl and injured about 2500 people.

if a so called "teacher" follow and obey a terrorist leader like fetullah gulen or abdullah ocalan(pkk leader) then he is not a legal teacher anymore. if a civil servant doesnt obey his chief but obey so called " gulen cult abi's (big brother) orders then he is not legal teacher anymore.

that doesnt matter which title they have. all gulenists are terrorists must be neutralize like all other terrorists around world (isis, pkk, eta, ira, boko haram etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

are you mentally ill? erdoğan is already 8 times elected president/prime minister/mayor for 25 years since istanbul mayor! %50 of Turkey people support erdoğan forever and love him so much. there is no other leader got that much vote and love now ! why he needs to kill his own people? how he persuaded coup plotters to attempt a coup and to get stuck in to the jail forever?
he used MIT (the National Intelligence Organization) to send false word to commanders that a coup was in order, or he had MIT send word that the soldiers were going to be fired and arrested in order to instigate a coup. In other words, the soldiers weren't working for Erdogan, they were deceived by his henchman, Hakan Fidan.

Simple_Person
08-19-2017, 09:49 PM
he used MIT (the National Intelligence Organization) to send false word to commanders that a coup was in order, or he had MIT send word that the soldiers were going to be fired and arrested in order to instigate a coup. In other words, the soldiers weren't working for Erdogan, they were deceived by his henchman, Hakan Fidan.
You are WASTING your time. How can you talk to someone who is blind, deaf, mute and unable to feel/touch. Let the one who shouts keep on shouting, for the people who think it falls on deaf ears. For the ones who blindly follow is the truth.

Majority of people these days religious people and non-religious people alike cannot face reality as it is. They rather want to keep sticking to the blue pill as the illusion is more comfortable.

ebubekir01
08-21-2017, 12:49 PM
how does Gulen....do that....to your country???
why fetullah gulen lives in america? why america backs a so called " islamic scholar" does that make sense to you? :)

because fetullah gulen is a traitor! and his followers attepmed a coup against turkey democracy

Simple_Person
08-21-2017, 02:06 PM

ebubekir01
08-21-2017, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
thats all a gulenist member can answer :)

gulenist purge has just begun :)

enjoy it

Simple_Person
08-21-2017, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ebubekir01
thats all a gulenist member can answer :)

gulenist purge has just begun :)

enjoy it
Yes you guessed it right ..I am a "Gulen member"..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.