/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 10 Shameful Examples of Western Media “Reporting” On Turkey Coup

talibilm
07-17-2016, 12:45 AM
:sl:

Kindly read this link and decide who is the best for the Muslim Ummah now in times of Fitna of isis and Bombings at Sacred Medina when western media is trying to create more confusion with Erdogan's Photos claiming that he was seeking asylum and fleeing turkey.

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/07/16/...n-turkey-coup/

And It seems they are THE MOST UPSET WITH THIS FAILED COUP :hmm: imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
07-17-2016, 04:04 AM
salaam

the people in the media have no love for Erdogan (as he shut a lot of newspapers down) its one of the reasons they were happy if the coup succeeded. That said its good that hes still in power. Hes got legitimacy unlike the army.

sister herb
07-17-2016, 09:29 AM
This your link doesn´t prove anything - it´s only an opinion from the supporter of Erdogan. Nothing separates it from anti-Erdogan´s propaganda.

Kind of incident like this coup in Turkey is an excellent example how propaganda machine works and it works similar way in every conflict.

kritikvernunft
07-18-2016, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
It seems they are THE MOST UPSET WITH THIS FAILED COUP
Well, in this case, the question is rather how it comes that Turkish Intelligence did not see the coup coming? There is a lot of speculation about that.

Why Turkish Intelligence Agency Failed to Uncover Coup Plot

In short, they accuse Erdogan of having ruined the Turkish Intelligence Agency to the point that they were no longer even watching the military for coups. Erdogan will have to get auditors to investigate the intelligence files on the plotters of the coup, in order to figure out why exactly these people were not being watched.

Ultimately, as the boss of the Turkish state apparatus, it is always Erdogan himself who is responsible for whatever his staff are doing.

Therefore, Erdogan should stop looking for scapegoats, but instead, thoroughly audit and investigate his Intelligence Agency, in order to re-organize it much more effectively. Erdogan will probably end up having to fire key people there, just to save and protect his own job, but apparently -- according to the article -- Erdogan has appointed lots of incompetent friends and relatives exactly there, which could make it impossible for him to actually solve the problem.

Apparently, it may simply be that Erdogan has made a beginner's mistake. You can appoint your relatives and friends everywhere in the state apparatus, but not in the Intelligence Agency. There, you should appoint competent people only. Otherwise, everybody involved will lose their jobs, including all the relatives and friends.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tim_the_Plumber
07-18-2016, 04:58 PM
The Times of Malta decided to go even further and along with other publications, started tweeting an unnamed EU source saying that the coup was “likely to succeed.” The unverified nature of the comment and the sheer lack of journalistic integrity of publishing it at such a sensitive time is a gross betrayal of journalistic responsibility. Surely, this helped the coup plotters immensely in their goal to give the impression they had won.
Using the Times of Malta as one of the ten shows how desperate the blog is to try to find anything that the western media has said that might be pro coup.

piXie
07-18-2016, 06:13 PM

There is no denying the fact that these media channels were quite biased in their reporting. It's shameful, really.

JazakAllaahu khairan for the link.

Tim_the_Plumber
07-18-2016, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

There is no denying the fact that these media channels were quite biased in their reporting. It's shameful, really.

JazakAllaahu khairan for the link.
Could you actually quote what exactly you think is out of order about it.

cooterhein
07-18-2016, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

Kindly read this link and decide who is the best for the Muslim Ummah now in times of Fitna of isis and Bombings at Sacred Medina when western media is trying to create more confusion with Erdogan's Photos claiming that he was seeking asylum and fleeing turkey.

http://muslimmatters.org/2016/07/16/...n-turkey-coup/

And It seems they are THE MOST UPSET WITH THIS FAILED COUP :hmm: imsad
Speaking as someone from the West who was following Western media (and a bit of Al Jazeera) while it was all happening, I'd like to state for the record that with you putting this claim in front of me, it is the first time I've seen this. And I was trying to be as well informed as I could. I saw a lot, some of it was speculative and questionable, but I didn't see anything remotely like the claim that he was fleeing Turkey.

The only things I did see that were tangentially related to any of these complaints involved a bit of the history of previous coups in Turkey, followed by the reasons why this one is different than previous coups. I also did see it being pointed out that the military has acted in ways that make Turkey more secular, while Erdogan is working to make it less secular and more like an Islamic state. Which is true, I mean basically the same day that the coup ended, Erdogan relieved 2,745 judges and prosecutors of their jobs. As if they had anything to do with the coup- they clearly did not. A third of Turkey's judges that presumably have a secular bias are going to be replaced by Erdogan's pick of Islamist judges, along with two of the judges on Turkey's highest court. All of this is in the process of happening right now, and none of that has anything to do with the military or with the police force or with the coup, at least not directly. Those things have been brought to my attention. Have they been brought to your attention?

The main point is this. I know Western people because I am Western people. I know Western media because that is what I depend on, and just recently I had some free time on the computer while this was happening, and I even went as far as to make quite a few posts on this very Islamicboard site just as soon as I found some things out. That is on the thread titled "What's going on in Turkey?" I don't believe I was misled or misinformed in the moments that this was happening, and I don't think it was that hard for me to be reasonably well informed. No one ever told me Erdogan was fleeing the country, I was led to believe the coup happened while he was on vacation, he was in the process of returning to an undisclosed location, and then it became less undisclosed when he started talking in front of cameras. I was also led to believe there have been a fair number of coups in Turkey's history, the military has acted to the advantage of secularism in the past, and this coup was a lot different from those coups in several ways. I also came away from the whole thing thinking that although Turkey has this type of thing in its past, it should be past the point where a military coup is a possible or expected solution to its problems.

For me, it's not very difficult to be fairly well informed. I avoid watching Fox News and otherwise, I think I do okay.

Also, for the record, Bill O'Reilly is not a newscaster, he is a loud talking head who comments his opinions on the news. Granted, Fox News does feed its opinutainment into its actual news- people spout unsubstantiated opinions on the opinion side of things, and within hours those inaccuracies get into the actual news. "Well, some people are saying this." Some people indeed, they work with you. And in general, the opinion people have more visibility and name recognition than the actual news anchors. (With an exception or two). That being said, Bill O'Reilly is not an actual newsman, however I didn't pay attention to whether his narrative spilled over to the actual news people. Maybe it did, I wasn't checking on that.

Just one other thing....when The Independent put the word "treason" in quotes, my first instinct is to think they did this because they want to be extra clear that Erdogan said the word treason, and when they quote him as saying treason, it is a direct quote of a specific thing that he actually did say. Perhaps the content of the article itself sought to undermine his claim rather than just report the news, which it kind of did midway through, but in general a news article that uses quotation marks in order to make a direct quote is a better first guess than to assume these are some snarky air quotes. In all honesty, if I was to critique that article I would have ignored the title and focused on where it called him a "strongman" (also in quotes, but it's not at all clear who's being quoted). The Independent did basically call him a strongman and implied that there was good reason to remove him from power forcibly, so I'd say that's an actual thing from the article that deserves some criticism, while the "treason" quotes are actual quotes that are clearly attributed to someone important who used that word.

Now Erdogan plans to reintroduce the death penalty and apply that in an ex post facto kind of way, just so he can kill some of these people. Which is not something he can do under the present laws of the country that he lives in- which really should be the end of the story- but I guess we'll see what he's able to do with that. He also wants to extradite Gulen and punish him without evidence of wrongdoing, but the US won't ever let him do that, so we'll see if he can come up with some evidence and get him, not come up with evidence and drop it, or fail to come up with evidence and do something silly that weakens his country's relationship with a key ally. Depending on what he does in either of these matters, the "strongman" label may become a more common theme, then again it may not. He's got to really earn it, but he has defined a pretty clear path where his stated goal is to do so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.