/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is the new normal

kritikvernunft
07-18-2016, 02:12 AM
Concerning the shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, what the police did not want to understand, is that Black Lives Matter were trying to save their lives by helping them to unlearn their old ways quickly, before it would be too late. Otherwise, they would have to unlearn this in the only language that they understand.

With their obnoxious wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, they have turned hundreds of thousands of men with minority backgrounds into battle-hardened snipers. It is a well-known problem that these veterans have very serious issues adjusting to civilian life again, suffer high levels of unemployment, and are afflicted with numerous psychological pathologies.

What does not help either, is the police's total lack of respect for minority lives.

It is obviously contradictory behaviour to train large numbers of minorities into combat troops, and at the same time still believe that they would be impressed by essentially civilian, non-military policemen. As we saw in Dallas, it is trivially easy for a combat trooper to unceremoniously terminate 12 policemen, or for a veteran from the marines -- as a matter of routine -- to dismantle 7 of them on the spot in Baton Rouge. Uniforms and weapons obviously do not impress trained military killers. As war veterans, they are clearly no longer going to take any disrespect from people who do not even have combat experience. Either these policemen are going to show respect, or else they are going to learn it the hard way.

It is already bad enough that they were misled into fighting absurd wars, and risking their lives trying to put down tribal insurgencies -- for heaven's sake, what for? -- but when they got back home, the police even have the temerity to arbitrarily shoot their friends. Something had to give there. It did again in Baton Rouge. The police force had better learn to cave in quickly, and save their own lives, before these military killing machines turn the situation into a wholesale extermination fest.

It is not just the black guys. Before you know, our beloved Donald Trump will also turn the Hispanics into another collection of merciless, military respect-teaching machines.

In my impression, the now technologically-obsolete "national state" is no longer viable with that kind of police force, and probably also not without.

In my opinion, we will soon need to re-establish core principles of morality, that are viable on the long run, and that will allow people to live together in mutual respect. In that sense, the Quranic text is an excellent solution for setting down the rules, and for minimizing the total amount of useless killings. If people showed a bit more faith in the One God, all of us would be in much better shape today.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
07-18-2016, 04:04 AM
salaam

I believe the US is heavily militarized country - If you have civilians that can buy AR15s then the police will also have to be militarized to police the civilians that can buy insane killing tools. Furthermore the country has a huge systemic racist problem - Its a deep problem and I dont see any solution any time soon. Now the vets killing police is a new huge problem.

madihakhan
07-18-2016, 04:52 AM
No doubt, We all know that Islam is spread by kindness, Our Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) taught us to show kindness even to animals so why don't we show kindness to human beings, Firstly it is important to show humanity.

Search
07-18-2016, 05:55 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

As an American, I have been feeling for some time that U.S. is falling apart at its seams as a country in 2016. It's not just Donald Trump being the GOP presidential nominee that is making me think this but rather a whole host of things that's painting a grim picture in my mind:

1. It's, as you mentioned, how bad racial tensions have gotten recently between black and whites.
2. It's how much the public is generally frustrated with President Obama's lack of seemingly decisive actions against Daesh.
3. It's how conservatives and liberals are at each other's throats in this election.
4. It's the regularization of news coming forth sporadically about some person going on a random killing spree.
5. It's the angry, bitter, and hateful comments that I read everyday below any news article even when it is as innocuous as a new diet.
6. It's the steady staple of vile things that people now in the media freely say about Mexicans, Hispanics, blacks, or Muslims.
7. It's how women and men interact with one another in the discussion of an advice column, painting one another with a broad-brush as bad.
8. It's how the media keeps alive the tensions in the atmosphere as if there are no good people alive on earth now.
9. It's how world news affects us today in a globalized society with Brexit having the stock market crashing and attack in France renewing talks of "shariah" and "immigrants" in a negative connotation and Turkey's democratically-elected Erdogan being associated with "Islamism."
10. It's as if there is no more patience or tolerance or acceptance of anyone, and everyone score some points on an imaginary scoreboard off of another as if the other person is not a human being.

I'm tired of this nonsense, and I just want peace.

Also, I absolutely take well your last point about how we would be in a better place if we all showed a bit more faith in the One God. But the problem is that today the people's gods are technology, science, narcissism, and hedonism, and therefore there is little room left to contemplate in this society on the will of the One God.

format_quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft
In my impression, the now technologically-obsolete "national state" is no longer viable with that kind of police force, and probably also not without.

In my opinion, we will soon need to re-establish core principles of morality, that are viable on the long run, and that will allow people to live together in mutual respect. In that sense, the Quranic text is an excellent solution for setting down the rules, and for minimizing the total amount of useless killings. If people showed a bit more faith in the One God, all of us would be in much better shape today.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.